I have been dealing with issues on my Blackberry for some time, and one obsticle may be I need the CDMA side of my Blackberry un-locked, requiring the MSL code.

My question is, are the 'Carriers' required by law to provide unlock codes (Assuming the contract conditions have been met)
    Can they be 'Strong armed" to do so?

This deals more with the CDMA side.. in my instance therefore the MSL code requirement rather than the MEP codes for GSM..
    The Fed required all providers to supply the unlock code of phones if the account was in good standing ( Contract completed) in general terms. this resulted in the release by carriers of the GSM side of the device..

Sprint is being an A$$ and not providing the MSL code required that I need for my purposes.

Providing that the phone is legally Mine, and is clear of all obligations, Is Sprint Bound by Law to provide me what I ask, the MSL code?

I have been told by Sprint that as the phone is not on their network anymore, they have no way to even generate the MSL code. Is tihs Bull $hi7 or correct?
    I am beginning to become quite annoyed at Sprint..
    Are they telling me straight or blowing me off?
    07-20-12 02:58 PM
    I'm on Android but I called to get mine and got it. If they give you grief just tell them you are a developer.
    07-20-12 03:42 PM
    No. They are not required to do so at all. And if you are not their customer, then they don't have to deal with you at all.
    07-20-12 04:55 PM
    I know in Canada they are required by law to provide a way for you to unlock your phone, and/or unlock it for you (for a fee of course)

....Though this only became law after a court order...
    07-20-12 07:49 PM
    The OP is not asking about the unlock code.
    07-20-12 08:20 PM
    you can go online and find a company that will get you the code for a few bucks if its that important to you.
    07-21-12 09:12 PM
    07-21-12 10:56 PM
    Basically they don't have to support you if you didn't bought the phone from them. Some carriers will sell the unlock code... but it's very easy top pass this using a web service that unlocks Blackberry phones.
    Garvin6600 likes this.
    07-22-12 10:44 PM

Thanks for the link.
    I am downloading the utilities now and will try this method. Sprint are being real A Holes about providing the MSL code.. What a $hi7y policy!
    gb
    07-23-12 01:05 AM
    And posting with foul language certainly bolsters your position??
    dmusicman385 likes this.
    07-23-12 06:58 AM
    And posting with foul language certainly bolsters your position??
    My apologizes, my brief flare of frustration and disgust temporarily caused a lapse in my vocabulary.
    07-24-12 07:51 AM
    No. They are not required to do so at all. And if you are not their customer, then they don't have to deal with you at all.
    I suppose this answers my OP question; No, the Carriers are not required to provide this code at this time.
    Perhaps one day this will change,.....
    Thanks all.
    GB
    07-24-12 07:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD