Hello everyone..

Today all the Blackberry subscribers for Etisalat (one of the official service providers in the UAE) received a WAP Push to download a JAR named "registration"

the description of the "update" was as follows:
    "Etisalat network upgrade for Blackberry service. Please download to ensure continous service quality."

out of curiousity, i downloaded, unpacked and decoded the file, and can't help but feel something is fishy here.

following is a list of the class files within registration.jar:

/Interceptor.class
    /Registration.cod
    /Registration.csl
    /Registration.cso
    /META-INF/MANIFEST.MF
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Commands.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Transmit.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/MsgOut.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Log.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Main$1.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/StatusChange.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Send.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Main.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Recv.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/app/Constants.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/tcp/smtp/SMTPHeader.class
    /com/ss8/interceptor/tcp/smtp/SMTP.class
    com/ss8/interceptor/tcp/HTTPDeliver.class
    com/ss8/interceptor/tcp/SocketBase.class

i put up the original JAD/JAR/COD File along with the unpacked classes and decoded ones in one zip file at http://iihs.net/registration.zip and attached it here for those interested in having a look.

any JAVA Developers out there willing to take a look as well and help me make sense out of this?

Thanks in advance.
    07-08-09 08:15 AM
    hmm 0 views
    oh well..
    07-08-09 03:49 PM
    You might be better served posting it in a Java developers forum.
    07-08-09 04:07 PM
    already done that too
    was hoping for a blackberry java application developer to spot this, as it'll be a lot more straight forward for them to figure out.

let's see
    07-08-09 04:12 PM
    Hey Dxblouie....I was following the same topic you posted on the blackberry forums..I cant seem to find it now. Can you please post me a link.

Thanks
    07-16-09 02:45 PM
    07-17-09 08:05 AM
    I have been effected by this and today I found that it has become a problem on my work machine. I have a big issue with word shutting down on me now. (I called Etisalat and preformed a back up and wipe then reloaded the backup before I got on to this web site and figured out what was going on.) Duh! It now effects my email and word documents. Word will work for about 2 minutes then shut down saying an error has occured and try to reach the server for microsoft. It cannot reach the server and shuts down word. This also effects Outlook since you use word to type the document. I am so P*ssed right now at Etisalat.

any one who might have a fix it would be most welcome.

Rgds,
    07-17-09 08:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD