has anyone though the outages that RIM has been having are due to BIS/BES upgrades and why they are not in mass amount but in small sections at short times each day?
    09-24-12 10:40 AM
    been having problems all after noon here in bonny scotland unable to connect to server ??? i,m with vodafone uk
    Last edited by daveshiz; 09-24-12 at 10:46 AM. Reason: addition
    09-24-12 10:45 AM
    I'm hoping it's something more serious than that because it's pretty scary if they can't do a simple upgrade without losing service
    09-24-12 10:59 AM
    I'm hoping it's something more serious than that because it's pretty scary if they can't do a simple upgrade without losing service
    you may be right, but i've had only 2G EDGE for a little bit now, and i'm thinking there is the possibility of hardware upgrades and its not so much software, i haven't really noticed any sort of BBM loss or internet and i've been off work for a bit so i'm not getting to many emails so i haven't noticed a reduction in e mail
    09-24-12 11:32 AM
    Yesterday and now again today my 9860 won't connect to BIS. Also for a while after midnight all I was getting was an SOS connection but I figured that was probably a carrier problem. I'm in Sask, Canada.
    09-24-12 12:33 PM
    Considering their corporate and govt. users, it would be extremely bad for them to have expected outages (even if it is only possible and not guaranteed) and not have disclosed it ahead of time.
    09-24-12 01:22 PM
    No problems here... Virgin UK
    09-24-12 01:25 PM
    you may be right, but i've had only 2G EDGE for a little bit now, and i'm thinking there is the possibility of hardware upgrades and its not so much software, i haven't really noticed any sort of BBM loss or internet and i've been off work for a bit so i'm not getting to many emails so i haven't noticed a reduction in e mail
    Cell service type (EDGE, 3G, or 4G) is solely a function of your carrier and it's towers. Not related to BIS or RIM's servers at all.
    09-24-12 11:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD