My friend just got his email after 28 hours roughly.

At least we know they are chugging along and not getting lost on a server somewhere.

?10
    10-22-13 10:30 PM
    Does anyone have a iphone bbm download link I can post up to direct people to it?

Sent from my BlackBerry - remember me!
    10-22-13 10:55 PM
    I'm extremely happy that a large percentage of my friends decided to give BBM a shot, but none of them got the famous email yet.

Some of them aren't fans of BlackBerry and they were still ready to give it a try.Some of them are probably not going to wait forever and the hype is soon going to fade away.

Is it normal that it's taking this long? A lot of them submitted the request since yesterday evening.

Help!

Posted via CB10
    Tell them to restart the app, and enter their email again. I did that earlier and it worked. Hours later, I finally got the email.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 10:56 PM
    As you can see from my sig, been a BB user for a long time. Still have my Playbook,. and a BB for work. I'm not a hater, would like to see BB do well. I really don't need BBM - WhatsApp is just fine for me. Was willing to give it a shot, even though I don't know anyone who uses it any more. Been waiting 24 hours. Will wait a few more.

Seriously, though. Is the product THAT freaking great that in order to get my friends to communicate with me using it I basically have to become a salesperson for the company and convince them to sign up and wait.... for what? Pictures, audio, all through other messaging services that if they aren't already on they can be on in seconds.

I was a fanboy for a long time. Wish I could see a compelling reason to try and be one again. But.... BBM isn't doing it for me.

Too little. Too late. Not enough of a differentiation from other offerings

Just my $.02

10-22-13 10:57 PM
    As you can see from my sig, been a BB user for a long time. Still have my Playbook,. and a BB for work. I'm not a hater, would like to see BB do well. I really don't need BBM - WhatsApp is just fine for me. Was willing to give it a shot, even though I don't know anyone who uses it any more. Been waiting 24 hours. Will wait a few more.

Seriously, though. Is the product THAT freaking great that in order to get my friends to communicate with me using it I basically have to become a salesperson for the company and convince them to sign up and wait.... for what? Pictures, audio, all through other messaging services that if they aren't already on they can be on in seconds.

I was a fanboy for a long time. Wish I could see a compelling reason to try and be one again. But.... BBM isn't doing it for me.

Too little. Too late. Not enough of a differentiation from other offerings

Just my $.02

I kinda agree that this waiting-in-line thing is dumb. People already waited long enough! As big company as BlackBerry is, it should be able to figure out how to instantly activate (and handle) millions of signups.

That said, this is just the first version of the app. I am sure in coming updates, bbm-app will start differentiating itself significantly. For eg: BBM can possibly add: BBM Voice, BBM Video, BBM Channels, BBM Money, BBM Screenshare. Lots of stuff can be added. And each time a new feature is added/updated, it should create a mini-hype of sorts.
    By the way, don't wait for 'waiting-in-the-line' email from BlackBerry. After few hours (say 6 hours), if you force close the app or simply reboot your phone and try BBM again, you'll likely find it working.

Posted via CB 10 app on my Q10!
    10-22-13 11:17 PM
    @kenorian. Its okay. BBM is not going to be for everyone. Not right away. Hopefully they will bring BBM video and voice sooner rather than later to make it more worthwhile. Right now people are enjoying the social aspect and being able to post PINs without ever giving up your phone # and still be able to control who you add. The advantage of BBM right now is very minor but it can become something greater. As a BBM Channels Beta user I see great things ahead. Maybe one day it will be something that interests you and becomes a viable solution to cross platform communications.
    10-22-13 11:18 PM
    All I can say is it's fast. I tried Whatsapp, it's not as fast. Text messages, sometimes it takes awhile to get both part 1 and 2 of a long text. With this, instantly, a whole not split in half message. Pictures, wham, sent instantly, not bouncing around who knows where in text land (yes I have a lot of lag problems with texts from people on carriers other than my own)

I hope everyone new on my list stays as addicted as they are, because this is so much nicer than the dreaded text. I now remember why I was so peeved when my friends and family jumped ship for the iPhone. It was not because of brand disloyalty, it was because I fricking hated texts.

And in case you were wondering and I didn't make it clear, I really think text messages suck. No really, I hate them. Like, a lot.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-13 12:28 AM
32 12