They just reported something on TV about brands that might be disappearing in 2013 and listed RIM as one of them. I know some news sources let people blog about whatever they want, but I thought they had to be sure if they were going to say it on national television. The link on TV said to go to myfoxla.com, but I couldn't find anything else on it.
    12-28-12 01:14 AM
    They forgot to add Fox to the list...
    12-28-12 01:34 AM
    I like FOX news, buut I don't think RIM will be disappearing in 2013.
    12-28-12 01:42 AM
    I like FOX news, buut I don't think RIM will be disappearing in 2013.
    LOL... Fox "news"
    But seriously, for all intents and purposes, bb10 is a deal breaker.
    I bb believe
    robkd, Smartie020, Balti43 and 2 others like this.
    12-28-12 01:47 AM
    I guess that wasn't Fox World News......RIM along with the name BLACKBERRY is doing VERY GOOD in other countries except North America. .....meh
    anon(3896606), 00stryder and KDB84 like this.
    12-28-12 01:53 AM
    I know some news sources let people blog about whatever they want, but I thought they had to be sure if they were going to say it on national television.
    Have you seen Fox News before?? If you have and you honestly think that they have to be sure about anything (I presume you're referring to the truth), then you need to really try other news sources... try the BBC. Frankly, you could try Fox's sister station, Sky News, they're still A LOT closer to the "truth" than Fox!
    12-28-12 02:10 AM
    Fox news is horrible, have you ever heard the segment they did on Mass Effect 1?
    12-28-12 02:16 AM
    I believe they were reporting what Yahoo is saying in its year end predictions. Yahoo has a series of lists including the 10 brands/names that will disappear in 2013. RIM is on the list possibly for a second year in a row (not sure about this). I think there is already a thread on this somewhere on Crackberry. In any case, predictions are usually BS anyway. I am sure Yahoo didn't put itself on the 2013 list so how accurate is it likely to be? .
    12-28-12 02:23 AM
    It's Fox. A mediocre spokeschannel for the conservative right quoting a failing has-been internet giant. Trash will result.

That said....BB10 is make or break for RIM in the U.S. Anyone who hasn't got blinders on can see that.
    12-28-12 03:15 AM
    Have you seen Fox News before?? If you have and you honestly think that they have to be sure about anything (I presume you're referring to the truth), then you need to really try other news sources... try the BBC. Frankly, you could try Fox's sister station, Sky News, they're still A LOT closer to the "truth" than Fox!
    I've seen it before, just couldn't believe I actually heard it on TV. People online are usually tech people reading in the tech sections. People that randomly hear something on TV are usually ignorant to the issue.
    12-28-12 03:15 AM
    really like to see who Fox has for sponsers
    Balti43 likes this.
    12-28-12 03:52 AM
    As another person said they are likely regurgitating what Yahoo wrote. There is no news anymore and certainly not any journalism. When Justin Bieber took a trip to the loo makes more headlines then what is really happening. Most of the reason for this is because, like Jack Nicholson said, people "can't handle the truth." They like to live in their bubble.
    BergerKing and SiR_JDM like this.
    12-28-12 04:09 AM
    Fox News is entertainment although it can be dangerous to the viewer's health because of frequent increases in blood pressure. The Surgeon General recommends watching Fox News less than 2 hours each week.
    spike12 likes this.
    12-28-12 05:13 AM
    Don't forget this is the last shot Rim has to survive. I believe BB10 will be a winner but only time will tell. With a poor economy and other smart phone manufactures seeing declining sales its a tall order Rim has to dish out to make it a winner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    12-28-12 05:34 AM
    Fox news looks **** in the UK so I watch the sister channel sky news which is good, few good things Rupert Murdoch has made.
    12-28-12 05:36 AM
    I have to agree with others here. This is RIM's last chance to survive. At the very least, if RIM's handset division dies, it will be with a bang and not a whimper. To paraphrase King Theoden, if RIM is to die, let it be such a death as to be remembered!

Anyway, I'll be lining up with the rest of you to back RIM. The BB10 will be awesome. I hope others see the phone the way we do.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-28-12 06:32 AM
    Would you rather have crappy MSNBC report that?
    BergerKing and ctuffy like this.
    12-28-12 06:49 AM
    With all of us BB lovers and users backing up RIM, and more people to come from IOS & Android that left previously coming back, how would RIM fail...I doubt it
    12-28-12 07:15 AM
    I too watch Fox News. Like any news outlet they report what is released by "experts" in the field. In the past it has seemed (IMO) like they were a bit of Apple fans.

But I think in time they too will be won over by BB10 if and in my mind it is a big if, the app support is there.
    12-28-12 08:07 AM
    With all of us BB lovers and users backing up RIM, and more people to come from IOS & Android that left previously coming back, how would RIM fail...I doubt it
    According polls 65% of BB owners don't like their devices... so there aren't as many BB lovers as you might think.

Why would iOS or Android owners leave ecosystems that they are invested in, for a platform that has no ecosystem of its own. Maybe RIM will announce one soon, but so far they haven't said anything other than they are relying of support from "partners".

Maybe you think they will buy BB10 Devices just because of the great hardware?? Why, when it isn't really going to be all that great compared to what Android has been selling for six months.

I do believe that BB10 is the best mobile OS on the market , at least from the little I've seen. But a good OS, with an cool UI is not going to sell smartphones for long without the Applications and the Content that users today expect. And at a PRICE that is COMPETITIVE with the Android Devices - iPhone is in a different class than Android or RIM. If RIM prices their new mid grade hardware at premium prices... it is going to be game over for them. They aren't going to get a chance to come back in 6 months with price reductions, by then the market will have made it decision and will have wrote RIM off.

It is very much still in the air as to if RIM can successfully launch their new Platform and it be accepted by consumers.
    MazoMark likes this.
    12-28-12 09:05 AM
    I guess that wasn't Fox World News......RIM along with the name BLACKBERRY is doing VERY GOOD in other countries except North America. .....meh
    Uhm what? RIM is losing money and their subscriber base is shrinking. They aren't doing VERY GOOD period.

BB10 is RIM's last hope of survival. If it has a poor launch it could very well spell the death of RIM as we know it.
    12-28-12 09:10 AM
    Don't forget this is the last shot Rim has to survive. I believe BB10 will be a winner but only time will tell. With a poor economy and other smart phone manufactures seeing declining sales its a tall order Rim has to dish out to make it a winner.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    I disagree, at least partially. RIM is doing *fine* world-wide, it's just struggling in NA. If things really go south and this crashes and burns (not likely IMHO), they can easily just switch focus onto the rest of the world (likely with 7.0-type devices). They won't actually 'die'.
    12-28-12 09:36 AM
    Uhm what? RIM is losing money and their subscriber base is shrinking. They aren't doing VERY GOOD period.

BB10 is RIM's last hope of survival. If it has a poor launch it could very well spell the death of RIM as we know it.
    Check again...the poster you quoted clearly said "in other countries except North America." This is true.
    Spencerdl and lnichols like this.
    12-28-12 10:08 AM

I suppose ALL of the reports of BLACKBERRY selling well in other countries is a.......HOAX. Doubt that very much. Honestly you need to get out more, or read whats going on in other countries besides the ONE your familiar with. The BB10 devices ....IMO, are targeted at North America market to compete in a very crowed arena. Hopefully the BB10 will do well in this ever changing "smartphone" world we live in.......hear today gone tomorrow.
    12-28-12 10:15 AM
    At least most of the talking heads on Fox have and use BB. I have seen several on the desk or have heard talk about them. Greta Van Sustren posted pictures of Carl Cameron (chief political correspondent) taking pictures in Poland with his 9900. It was just a story to fill up the 24/7 air time. Hardley worth getting all O'Rielyed up over.
    BergerKing likes this.
    12-28-12 10:21 AM
89 123 ...