The slider/Venice has been dominating everything. BlackBerry surely has other ideas in the works and Chen has clearly stated recently that they are not getting out of the handset business.

My Z10 is still chugging along yet my contract has expired and I now am in month-to-month limbo until something happens. I am not interested in the Venice but don't want to hold out on a new device for too much longer. If nothing is on the horizon, then I am just likely to get a Passport or maybe Classic. Or maybe the Leap if I can try one out (I have never used NFC despite totally wanting to and virtual compass is no substitution for a real compass).

Any info out there?
    09-18-15 05:16 PM
    They did release the 9720, a BB7.1 device well after Z10 and Q10.l in August 2013. And reissued the 9900 after that.

So I wouldn't totally rule out a BB10 device in 2016. But it probably won't be anything to wow over. Maybe a reissue of the passport or a slightly revamped classic. That's my guess. Maybe no more BB10 devices at all.

As of right now I don't think there are any BB10 devises planned for the future. I think everything is going to hinge on the success or failure of the Venice Android.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-18-15 05:33 PM

If nothing is on the horizon, then I am just likely to get a Passport or maybe Classic. Or maybe the Leap if I can try one out (I have never used NFC despite totally wanting to and virtual compass is no substitution for a real compass).

Any info out there?
    Z10 has NFC, Leap doesn't. After using a Z10 this long though you might miss the screen size if you go to a Classic or Passport. Have you considered the Z30? It's a nice upgrade from the Z10. I'd add that to your list of things to consider.

But if the keyboard means more than screen size to you then Classic or Passport is good. But be sure. I thought I missed the PKB (and I do) and I got a Q5 and just couldn't deal with the small square screen. That's why the old Torch 9810 was the perfect fit for me.

Good luck with whatever you decide. You definitely deserve an upgrade. With any of these phones you'll get a way better battery life.

Z30STA100-5 / 10.3.2.2639 / T-Mobile USA
    09-18-15 05:41 PM
    Start thinking about a slider,there's no turning back,lol
    09-18-15 05:45 PM
    Yeah, I was really excited to have NFC on my Z10 and looked into all the cool ways to use it. But never did. Not once. That is why I would consider the Leap. Another reason for the Leap is its price. It wouldn't break the bank and I wouldn't feel too bad about it if I got a new phone in 6 months or so.

I don't necessarily miss the PKB. I thought I did but every time I play around with a Classic, for example, it just seems weird now. I am sure I would get used to it again just like it took a minute to get used to a 100% touch screen.

I really like the Z30 and will look into it.
    kwalker61 likes this.
    09-18-15 05:50 PM
    Yes...but it's another Android device lol.
    09-18-15 06:34 PM
    Seriously? Another Android?
    09-18-15 06:36 PM
    Are you referring to the 'low-end' Android full-touch? I believe they abandoned that..Makes little to no sense to me. A 'Leap-like' Android phone costs around 120$.. Can BlackBerry offer their low-end Android for the same price and still earn something? Doubtful..

Posted via CB10
    09-19-15 05:21 AM
    I think that they'll release a BB10 slider after that... like they did with Z10 then Q10
    First they give the mass what they want.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    09-19-15 06:11 AM
    There are rumors of a stainless steel version of the Venice that has been spotted in the wild. Maybe this is the BB10 version??

My really kickazz Z30
    09-19-15 06:28 AM
    There are rumors of a stainless steel version of the Venice that has been spotted in the wild. Maybe this is the BB10 version??

My really kickazz Z30
    Do you mind share that rumor with us? Link to CB or other forum? Thx

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by smart548; 09-19-15 at 09:10 AM.
    09-19-15 08:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    Or it didn't happen.
    smart548 likes this.
    09-19-15 09:13 AM
    It's another android device and only going to be more than a rumor if the Venice is successful.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport Silver Edition
    09-19-15 09:39 AM
    I think that they'll release a BB10 slider after that... like they did with Z10 then Q10
    First they give the mass what they want.

Workhorse: BlackBerry|Q10, SQN100-3, OS 10.3.2.2639; Power Workhorse: BlackBerry|Passport, SQW100-1, OS 10.3.2.2639 ; Germany.
    I'm waiting for that now!

Seriously, any other rumored devices on the horizon?-evil-smile.jpg

09-20-15 05:33 AM
    For BlackBerry there is no need to bring out a ton of new cutting edge BB10 devices. No one really buys BB10 handsets for their gaming and multimedia experiences. They are basically workhorses and the Classic, Passport and Leap are all capable enterprise phones.

I think we may be stuck with these 3 models for a while as BlackBerry gives higher end Android phones a try to see if they sell and how they sell.

If you can get a Z30 still I think it's the best replacement for a Z10. Otherwise the Leap at least has a bigger screen and better battery life.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    09-20-15 08:34 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do not recall where I read it. I only remember folks commenting it was spotted at that film festival in Canada recently. It may have been on Android Central.

My really kickazz Z30
    09-25-15 10:05 AM
    Are you referring to the 'low-end' Android full-touch? I believe they abandoned that..Makes little to no sense to me. A 'Leap-like' Android phone costs around 120$.. Can BlackBerry offer their low-end Android for the same price and still earn something? Doubtful..

Posted via CB10
    But it's not exactly apples to apples vs low end droids. Look at the "blackphone" secure android contenders pricing. Blackberry droids are a niche product regardless of hardware features.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-15 09:42 AM

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't even referring to that anyway. Far as I'm concerned, that was never even on the table to begin with but alas, people hear rumors and run with em so whatever.
    10-08-15 10:23 PM
    Vienna is a nice city!
    10-10-15 08:59 AM
    Vienna is a nice city!
    I get that reference. Very Suttle.

In Squircle I Trust
    10-28-15 09:12 PM
    They are now playing in the Android world.....If they aren't already working on the PRIV2, they are falling behind.

An Android Passport would continue the PRIVILEGED theme..... and not require too much design work.
    10-29-15 09:14 AM
    Totally agree, they should develop a new passport Android version. At first I was skeptical of th Priv but after seeing the latest videos it seems like a very promising device. If they do manage to secure the Android ecosystem then I don't see why they can't build more devices BlackBerry devices powered by Android.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-15 09:43 AM
    I want it to go the other way.

If they can put BB10 on any of the top shelf all-touch slabs from any of the major android players, it would be a dream.
    10-29-15 03:34 PM
    Chen has been caught saying they are not covering the development costs for drivers at qualcomm. If this is true then any "new" BlackBerry device will just have old tech under the hood. Similar to what we have seen with the release of the Classic and Leap which really is just repackaged Q10s and Z10s. The best we can hope for then is passport specs in a different form factor. I myself wouldn't mind seeing the Q10 form factor with touch keyboard and passport specs and I'm sure the bb fans would like a Z30 form factor with passport specs.

Posted via CB10
    Adam Kowalczyk1 likes this.
    11-01-15 09:45 AM
    Yes. Same here.
    I feel like I'm the only one that uses my Z30 for everything whether work or play. from editing documents or updating spreadsheets, to watching Netflix either on the device or connected to my tv.
    If Chen thinks that "Business users" still want to carry one work phone and a separate personal phone, then he's out of touch with what I see everyday.
    11-01-15 11:55 AM
35 12