I have just been gifted a Blackberry Curve 8900 by a family relative. Now i have been using my Home WiFi on my BB device. I have used for a month or two, then when i went to my university i tried using the WiFi their. For that i had to put in Proxy's and Ip's as the connection can't be established without proper settings. Unfortunately i was unable to connect to it, and hence i deleted that WiFi point. When i came home, i wasn't able to connect to my Home WiFi device. I have reset the device several times, i have deleted the Network point and have created it again several time. And it gets connected too, but fails to automatically detect IP and DNS settings. I can't put in the IP's because if i did it will mess up with all the other devices on my WiFi as they are also on Automatically obtain the Ip address. Please provide me with a solution. Keeping in mind that i have the default version of OS installed in the Handheld. Waiting for your reply.
    06-30-12 04:41 AM
    If you've inadvertently deleted an essential module of the BB is might be worth just reinstalling the os and starting from scratch (either via wireless update on the phone or via the BB desktop manager)
    Veteranhax likes this.
    07-01-12 02:42 AM
    If you've inadvertently deleted an essential module of the BB is might be worth just reinstalling the os and starting from scratch (either via wireless update on the phone or via the BB desktop manager)
    Thank You man. But the thing is that i have acted upon your advice. First i had 5.0.0.411, then upon your advice i updated it to 5.0.0.618, still the problem is still there. Now i'm upgrading it to 5.0.0.1728, i hope that solves my problem.
    The Real problem is that it should automatically pick up the IP and DNS settings from the router. But its not doing. It does get recognize the network, connects and saves it too, but since it can't grab the IP and DNS it doesn't work.
    07-02-12 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD