I thought many on this site would really want to have a responsible, mature, thoughtful discussion on the issue of what some see as RIM bashing and others see as honest, fair evaluations of RIM and the info that is presented here. I have been reprimanded several times for my unyielding support of RIM which leads to arguments and so-on.....I see many posts by some as extremely critical of RIM over and over again yet some members see this as nothing more then reality....

I wanted to hear from members, especially those who disagree...What I am really hoping for is a fair discussion of the issue,...Let's see what happens

Thanks
    the kid hartford
    11-11-12 09:05 AM
    Nate Washington should have retired. Two years ago! I have thought about this and am serious. (wink wink)
    11-11-12 02:17 PM
    Bashing=presenting incorrect information with negative intentions, not backing up wild and flagrant claims with facts
    Critical posting=calling out incorrect information or misalignment of facts. Disputing other posts with SUBSTANCE.

This is my personal criteria. However, for the forums, the only one that matters is what Kevin and admins have set, and what mods enforce.
    11-11-12 02:23 PM
    Personally, I do my best to make my arguments as substantial--and honest--as I can. It certainly serves no purpose to ignore legitimate issues.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    11-11-12 02:30 PM
    Bashing=presenting incorrect information with negative intentions, not backing up wild and flagrant claims with facts
    Critical posting=calling out incorrect information or misalignment of facts. Disputing other posts with SUBSTANCE.

This is my personal criteria. However, for the forums, the only one that matters is what Kevin and admins have set, and what mods enforce.
    I agree. Also, bashing is also continually posting negative press articles that don't tell us anything other than someone's opinion of where RIM is headed, and continually spinning good news into something negative.
    kbz1960 and sleepngbear like this.
    11-11-12 03:06 PM
    I can't universally define it. But I know it when I see it (read it).

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 03:12 PM
    I offer unyielding support to very few things. God. Family. Loved ones. My country. End. Tutti. Finito.
    I support RIM each time I buy one of their products. If there is something that I find lacking in that product, I either return it (PB) or get it replaced. Some flaws I have to decide whether I want to accept - the camera on the 99xx.
    There are some here who feel that would classify as bashing. Whatever.
    There are some who feel I owe RIM loyalty. No more so than I owe Honda loyalty. I will support companies by opening my wallet. That's the end of it.

Now....there are those who feel it is an unpardonable sin to express those views while using an iPhone on a BB site.
    Whatever.

I have bought more RIM products, cash, full price, than many people who express loyalty through the use of words. My expression of support comes in the form of cash paid.

And I own other devices because I want to and because I can.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
    11-11-12 03:57 PM
    I think this topic has already been beat to death by those of us who've been around the block once or twice. Every so often we get new members who think it's their job to be on "troll patrol" instead of the mods, and all's that ends up happening is the opposite of what they are trying to do. I say, let the mods do their job and just try to keep an open mind of others viewpoints.
    11-11-12 04:24 PM
    I don't believe any serious member has said RIM is fine, or RIM is good to go..... Members have pointed out positive information/articles only to be told by other members that RIM's certain demise is only months away.....

I'm not sure what members who are on "death watch" for RIM are trying to prove????
    11-11-12 04:47 PM
    I've been here awhile and I see both sides. There are your trouble makers and there are the extreme fanbois. Personally, I believe that the extreme fanbois make this site worse. Don't get me wrong, there are people that post nothing but negativity but there are many that point of the faults of RIM and labeled trolls. People need to learn the difference between negativity and realism because there is a difference. You have people that say RIM might sell decently but not to expect them to take a huge chunk out of IOS or android's market share....that's realism. Some people claim BB10 is like the best thing since sliced bread yet have only seen videos of beta software...or u got people that have been with this site for less than half a year telling people that have been here since 08-09' that they have no business posting here because they don't own a RIM device or because the own multiple devices. That's Ridiculous! To be a RIM supporter doesn't mean u need to completely agree with every move RIM makes or completely overlook any shortcoming in their products. A good example of these people are Thunderbuck and qbnkelt...people that don't mind supporting RIM but have no problem in admitting their faults. There are some here that refuse to admit RIM faults and I think that hurts a company more than anything and definitely doesn't benefit crackberry when it comes to having reasonable discussions.

Once again, I think it all just boils down to seperating negativity from realism and being able to distinguish the too
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-11-12 04:53 PM
    I can find any number of articles beating down RIM and BlackBerry on any number of news sites and boards. That is not what I come to Crackberry for, but more often than not that is what I get. I am not delusional, I am fully aware that RIM has a rough road ahead. But it gets a little tedious being smashed in the face with it every time I venture into these forums that are supposed to be dedicated to BlackBerry enthusiasts. Consequently, I venture into these forums with decreasing frequency.
    11-11-12 05:04 PM
    it's generally not what you say, it's how you say it.
    sleepngbear likes this.
    11-11-12 05:09 PM
    I see little future for this thread within the accepted concept of "debate the product, not the people".
    11-11-12 05:11 PM