10 wrong password attempts and phone shall be wiped, assuming the situation that owner of the phone is not present and somebody is messing with your phone to get information.
    WHAT ABOUT IF SOMEBODY STEAL YOUR MEMORY CARD AND STEAL YOUR DATA, PHOTO AND VIDEOS ???

Posted via Priv (soon to be replaced with Passport SE)
    06-25-16 11:25 AM
    That's why you enable media card encryption
    app_Developer and web99 like this.
    06-25-16 11:35 AM
    And on the Priv, with MM, in order to encrypt the SD card, you set it up as extended internal memory.
    06-25-16 11:42 AM
    You can encrypt your micro SD card. Go to settings, then privacy and security, then encryption, and select media card. Your data will then be encrypted. May take some time to do this depending on how much stuff you have on the micro SD card. Give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-16 11:49 AM
    You can encrypt your micro SD card. Go to settings, then privacy and security, then encryption, and select media card. Your data will then be encrypted. May take some time to do this depending on how much stuff you have on the micro SD card. Give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    OP has a Priv.
    06-25-16 12:02 PM
    This is a question about Phones' security in general, it has nothing to do with BlackBerry xD.. You can encrypt your SD card in any smartphone out there.
    06-25-16 12:07 PM
    That's why you enable media card encryption
    Media card encryption create more problems! At least what can be done is, media card should have same password as device

06-25-16 04:15 PM
    This is a question about Phones' security in general, it has nothing to do with BlackBerry xD.. You can encrypt your SD card in any smartphone out there.
    Yes it is general question but somebody should take a lead and why not BlackBerry. They have claimed to be more secure than others

06-25-16 04:18 PM
    Media card encryption create more problems! At least what can be done is, media card should have same password as device

That would create more problems on top of more problems, imagine a 4 number password for a media card; would be cracked in no time
    Ecm and Sairos like this.
    06-25-16 04:24 PM
    Yes it is general question but somebody should take a lead and why not BlackBerry. They have claimed to be more secure than others

Yeah I just thought its a flaw in the core security.. But with any device you buy, BlackBerry or not.. There will be always the possibility of someone pulling out the SD card, So always encrypt it..

In terms of everything else, I can assure you that BlackBerry gives you the best security :thumbup:
    06-25-16 04:41 PM
    That would create more problems on top of more problems, imagine a 4 number password for a media card; would be cracked in no time
    True, Brute force cracking will finish that in no time.
    06-25-16 04:44 PM

True security will not be just achieved by the phone itself. You need a MDM such as BES, Good, or MobileIon with security policies and rules that are enforced on those devices.

Posted from my Samsung Galaxy Note Tablet
    06-25-16 05:20 PM
    Ummm... this may be the beer talking but the memory card only has music and pictures on it....ohhhh....ic....it is the pictures..... each worth one thousand words.... I don't encrypt my sd cards.... but apparently doin the math....I should....

Posted via CB10
    Sairos likes this.
    06-25-16 08:45 PM
    Ummm... this may be the beer talking but the memory card only has music and pictures on it....ohhhh....ic....it is the pictures..... each worth one thousand words.... I don't encrypt my sd cards.... but apparently doin the math....I should....

Posted via CB10
    Hahah, That's a good post.
    06-25-16 09:11 PM