I am having trouble getting my emails from my Outlook to my phone, the quickest one has arrived took about 30 minutes. Is this pretty standard or can I speed the process up any? Coming off an IPhone 3Gs, so I'm used to getting it pretty much ASAP, any suggestions?
    12-22-09 10:25 AM
    Not sure what you are trying to do, is this through OWA?
    12-22-09 10:36 AM
    OWA? I've put my outlook email on my BB, but whenever I recieve an email on my PC, theres a good 30 min difference between then and when it get to my phone.
    12-22-09 10:57 AM
    Email doesn't come to the BlackBerry from Outlook (unless you are using the redirector which isn't recommended).

What type of email is it? GMail, Yahoo, AOL, other POP?

Here's an abbreviated explanation of how BlackBerry push works.
    The RIM servers check your email servers for email that has not be pushed to the device. If new messages are found, then they are pushed to the device.
    Then it checks again in 2-3 minutes. If new messages are found, then they are pushed to the device.
    If new messages are not found, then it checks again in 15 minutes.
    And repeat.
    12-22-09 11:00 AM
    OWA=outlook web access, as mentioned above, mail is not pushed to you berry from outlook. I am trying to figure out what email you are trying to receive, I am assuming some form of company email???
    12-22-09 11:02 AM
    Well yes basically, I believe 'POP3' is the answer you need.
    12-22-09 01:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD