I honestly did search this first, maybe I wasnt using the correct wording, but I did find very similar posts but nothing exactly what I was looking for so Im hoping you people can help me with this trivial problem.

Im connected via BES to work and I just setup my hotmail address on my phone which made a nice separate icon so now I have three, one called 'Messages', a second called '[email protected]' (example only) and a third for SMS.

My SMS texts stay quarantined within that folder (which I want), but my hotmail gets duplicated within my 'Messages' and 'Hotmail' folder? So if I receive a personal email, I can also read it in Messages but if I get a work email it will only show up in Messages.

SMS - Is Separated (good)
    Work - Is Separated (good)
    Hotmail - goes to both 'Messages' and 'Hotmail' (bad)

Within my email folder and General Options I have Separate set for SMS and EMail Inboxes.

Is there any other setting I might be missing? I would like to do this for GMail too but only if I can get past this problem first.

Thank you,
    -Empiricus
    Last edited by Empiricus; 07-23-08 at 06:34 AM.
    07-23-08 06:31 AM
    No, you haven't missed anything. The messages folder aggregates all the inboxes, so it will always get your hotmail as well as your BES mail. BES email always goes to the messages folder, so it will always be mingled with your hotmail in that folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 06:55 AM
    No, you haven't missed anything. The messages folder aggregates all the inboxes, so it will always get your hotmail as well as your BES mail. BES email always goes to the messages folder, so it will always be mingled with your hotmail in that folder.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It is the same on BIS as well.
    07-23-08 06:57 AM
    Thank you, I guess Im going to have a love hate relationship with this thing.

but one additional question that I havent figured out. Under the separate option, there is one for separators (none, line, stripes) what is that for?
    07-23-08 07:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD