Has Crackberry thought about separating the two types of BBerry's like Crackberry.com for the traditional Blackberry users and maybe Stormberry for those with the Storm or soon-to-be-released, Storm2? I don't know if I speak for many but being a former Curve and now, a Tour user, I'm not really all that interested in the previews, reviews, OS updates, and so on with the Storm and I doubt they're interested in the traditional Blackberry stuff either... Well, with the anticipated release of the Storm2, that's ALL that's been discussed over the past two days! Kinda like the how the Harley owners feel about those owners who ride the water-cooled V-Rod, or the Porsche owners feel about those who own the Cayenne SUV... Food for thought only??? If I'm in the minority, I apologize for expressing my thoughts, and just will have to weed through all the Storm stuff to find out the other pertinent stuff I am interested in. Thanks for listening.
    10-18-09 01:28 PM
    I am not sure if this has come across their mind. I know there is a new mobile version in the works, and this may make it a bit more friendly for the Storm owners who are having issues with the links and such.

good suggestion, just dont know what the financial cost behind creating this would be, and that could be part of the reason it is not done.
    10-18-09 01:30 PM
    Thanks drm2blv for your input! Yeah, I just want to put out a disclaimer out there... I'm not a Storm hater... Quite the contrary, I do have a few friends who are Storm owners, some anxiously anticipating the Storm2's release (for obvious reasons). I just want to have a filtered way to not see Storm stuff when on the "Main, recent stories" link as I would think Storm users would not want to see Flip Pearl stuff or Bold or Tour or Curve stuff when they're really interested in info specific to their device. Then all the software stuff applicable to both Blackberry type devices can be viewed on both such sites so neither misses out on pertinent information that they'd be interested in. That's all!
    10-18-09 01:36 PM
    Wait, I think I was talking about something else. I meant 2 seperate mobile versions. If you go to m.crackberry.com you can chose to:

See Latest BlackBerry Posts
    See Latest BlackBerry Posts (Excluding Storm)
    See Latest BlackBerry Posts (All Forums)

Do you not see those options?
    10-18-09 01:45 PM
    Is that also available on the full featured website? I do do that on my mobile device but at my computer, I don't want to go to the m.crackberry.com if I'm at my computer at home/work. But if that's the only way to filter unwanted stuff when reviewing the latest BB posts, maybe that'll be the route I take
    10-18-09 01:50 PM
    Yes it is available. just go to the forums tab at the top and there are the same options up there for you!
    10-18-09 01:56 PM
    We have a Storm section with multiple forums, and forums for he rest of us. I would point out that for the most part a BlackBerry is a BlackBerry. I have several friends with Storms and most of the things I help non-touch screen owners with apply to the Storms as well. So I would disagree that we need a separate site for Storms.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-09 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD