View Poll Results: The long awaited turnaround is just around the corner - SUCCESS for BLACKBERRY is 99% Guaranteed!

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • I live in the USA & the above statement is true

7 17.95%
  • I live in the USA & the above statement is true only to me, but not the people I'm surrounded by

6 15.38%
  • I live in Canada & the above statement is true

6 15.38%
  • I live in Canada & the above statement is true only to me, but not the people I'm surrounded by

10 25.64%
  • I don't live in N.A. & the above statement is true

8 20.51%
  • I don't live in N.A. & the above statement is true only to me, but not the people I'm surrounded by

2 5.13%
    Obviously the mood for blackberry has been improving - however, I am surrounded by Canadians which I think has some biases. I just want to get this poll going to see if there is a difference amongst countries. I'm assuming most of Crackberry residents are from Canada so I want to judge the "biasness" of the forum as well, thanks!
    12-28-12 02:33 PM
    I can say that the majority of my friends and colleagues have developed a very negative attitude towards BlackBerry. They're all of a younger demographic, and a lot of them are plagued with the whole "iPhone is God" stigma. Many have owned BlackBerry's, as BBM used to be a huge hit here, but their experiences have been very negative with constant freezing, restarts necessary for apps, and of course, a lack of apps to begin with. Some of them even thought RIM was dead, thanks to the whole media circus we saw over the last couple of years. However, some of my more intelligent friends admit the potential of BlackBerry 10 and are looking forward to seeing the final product, while the majority have been spewing baseless hate at BlackBerry 10 (i.e. It's going to be delayed again).

I don't want to generalize people here, but I have to admit that my more intelligent colleagues seem to sway towards Android, while those less intelligent are all on iOS. I'm sure there are intelligent and unintelligent people on both platforms, but it's just an interesting observation of mine. Perhaps it's a matter of iOS being simple versus Android being a more complex platform?

In any case, I look forward to changing the opinions of many when I show off my first BlackBerry 10 phone to my friends next year. Some of them have already seen my PlayBook and found it to be a very cool device. I even swayed an iPad owner into wanting a PlayBook!
    12-28-12 02:50 PM
    I can say that the majority of my friends and colleagues have developed a very negative attitude towards BlackBerry. They're all of a younger demographic, and a lot of them are plagued with the whole "iPhone is God" stigma. Many have owned BlackBerry's, as BBM used to be a huge hit here, but their experiences have been very negative with constant freezing, restarts necessary for apps, and of course, a lack of apps to begin with. Some of them even thought RIM was dead, thanks to the whole media circus we saw over the last couple of years. However, some of my more intelligent friends admit the potential of BlackBerry 10 and are looking forward to seeing the final product, while the majority have been spewing baseless hate at BlackBerry 10 (i.e. It's going to be delayed again).
    I always enjoy reading your posts. I totally agree with what you have written here because I see the same thing. I can not wait to show of my new BB unit to those who are interested. It will be a great day indeed.
    (notice I said BB unit because as we were sternly reminded by someone here, BB10 is the OS, not the hardware )
    LazyEvul likes this.
    12-28-12 03:12 PM
    I always enjoy reading your posts. I totally agree with what you have written here because I see the same thing. I can not wait to show of my new BB unit to those who are interested. It will be a great day indeed.
    (notice I said BB unit because as we were sternly reminded by someone here, BB10 is the OS, not the hardware )
    Why thanks! Glad my time posting here hasn't gone entirely to waste
    12-28-12 03:28 PM
    I don't want to generalize people here, but I have to admit that my more intelligent colleagues seem to sway towards Android, while those less intelligent are all on iOS. I'm sure there are intelligent and unintelligent people on both platforms, but it's just an interesting observation of mine. Perhaps it's a matter of iOS being simple versus Android being a more complex platform?
    Wow, now that you've mentioned it - thinking through the people that I know, I swear there must be some merrit in that!
    12-28-12 03:53 PM
    work with a lot of Ithing owners, and I'm really noticing that they are getting tired of the same old thing, actully had two say they would def, give BB another try.
    12-28-12 04:49 PM
    Where I'm from bb's are far and few between. I mostly see iphones and an andriod device here and there. And some ppl look at you differently and joke you about not having an iphone especially since they're not priced prohibitly high anymore. This is coming from an american southerner
    12-29-12 01:36 AM
    The majority of the friends I have with some interest in phones (across all platforms) have said that BB10 looks impressive. It won't guarantee it'll be a success, but RIM's definitely giving themselves a fighting chance.
    12-29-12 03:08 AM