If one reads the 100's of blog/comment sites around the world in regards to BB10 you will notice in the USA the sentiment towards BB10 is more positive, this from non-Blackberry folks. Outside of the USA the sentiment is even higher.

The common theme seems to be that folks want to see "innovation" and are impressed with RIM / BB10 in that BB10 is real innovation compared to some others that just tweek a little every 6 months. The second most common theme seems to be "give RIM /BB10 an honest look" , instead of bashing them BEFORE the BB10 is even released.

In regards to management Mr.Thorston (Thor) Heinz I predict will become the next Steve Jobs (RIP) in regards to innovation and public perception of the guy you could sit down with and have a beer. He is just so real and approachable.

As for ANALysts, sorry but I would NOT pay any attention to them (positive or negative) as they have vested interests.

Jan.30.2013 is looking good, can't wait for more info/promo before then.
    peter9477, bluetroll and Stewartj1 like this.
    11-19-12 08:20 AM
    I want to belive that the US is becoming more open with BB10 but I am not convinced yet. I agree with the rest of the world though. I have heard too many time on too many forums how insignificant the US thinks that BB is. iphone and droid have become complete obsessions for them.
    11-19-12 08:49 AM
    I want to belive that the US is becoming more open with BB10 but I am not convinced yet. I agree with the rest of the world though. I have heard too many time on too many forums how insignificant the US thinks that BB is. iphone and droid have become complete obsessions for them.
    Lucikly RIM has rested its support in the rest of the world. The US is midly-insignificant to BlackBerry 10s success. They don't have nearly as many mobile users as do China, India, and if we added the UK and Latin America let alone Africa,Indonesia, and Australlia, RIM can make a tremendous comeback without consumer success in North America. Again they cater to enterprise, and 'BlackBerry People' the average (American) consumer is not either of those--BlackBerry 10 isn't for them. Notwithstanding Canada which can run back to RIM in a heartbeat and make NA even more insignificant.

BlackBerry is international and so is its infastructure, reclaiming enterprise is far more important than any consumer sentiment, whatever crowd they're apart of. The consumer is fickle. Government, and enterprise business is where they need the bread and butter.
    11-19-12 09:28 AM
    Lucikly RIM has rested its support in the rest of the world. The US is midly-insignificant to BlackBerry 10s success. They don't have nearly as many mobile users as do China, India, and if we added the UK and Latin America let alone Africa,Indonesia, and Australlia, RIM can make a tremendous comeback without consumer success in North America. Again they cater to enterprise, and 'BlackBerry People' the average (American) consumer is not either of those--BlackBerry 10 isn't for them. Notwithstanding Canada which can run back to RIM in a heartbeat and make NA even more insignificant.

BlackBerry is international and so is its infastructure, reclaiming enterprise is far more important than any consumer sentiment, whatever crowd they're apart of. The consumer is fickle. Government, and enterprise business is where they need the bread and butter.
    I disagree with the bolded mostly because the US is 3rd in moble users worldwide. There are more mobile devices in use than the population of the US itself. The US is where the have lost a huge amount marketshare and where they need to get it back and show they have turned around.

A good majority of the rest of the world already are behind BB so your dont need to win them over. OS 7 devices already can do that. Sure android is making huge gains in those areas but BB still stands its ground quite well.

Face it the media doesnt care really if RIM sells large amounts of phones in these areas either. They care more about how much has been lost in the US, Canada and even the UK. They will also care most on how well BB10 sells in these areas. If its a "dud" in the US it will not be a good sign for the company at all IMO.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-19-12 09:47 AM
    Some legitimate points made but I have to agree with howarmat to a point. RIM MUST retain its corporate users and gain back/win as many consumer users as possible wherever they may be to line up with their "mobile computing" strategy.
    11-19-12 09:54 AM
    Emerging markets (outside USA) will dwarf USA markets going forward. One has to keep in mind the USA market is very saturated already, emerging markets are far from saturated. RIM/BB10 is very well placed in emerging markets (most % share in some) and no place to go but up in USA % going forward.
    I disagree with the bolded mostly because the US is 3rd in moble users worldwide. There are more mobile devices in use than the population of the US itself. The US is where the have lost a huge amount marketshare and where they need to get it back and show they have turned around.

A good majority of the rest of the world already are behind BB so your dont need to win them over. OS 7 devices already can do that. Sure android is making huge gains in those areas but BB still stands its ground quite well.

Face it the media doesnt care really if RIM sells large amounts of phones in these areas either. They care more about how much has been lost in the US, Canada and even the UK. They will also care most on how well BB10 sells in these areas. If its a "dud" in the US it will not be a good sign for the company at all IMO.
    11-19-12 10:07 AM

I don't disagree that the US market is very important, but I can say that the US sentiment has also started to turn in a big way based on the hundreds articles and comments I read everyday. RIM still has a way to go in fully restoring the BB brand, but every interaction Thor and his executive team has with the media so far has been very well choreographed and reflected positively on the brand. Given that the average consumer follows the media's lead, I think this is a very good sign.
    peter9477 likes this.
    11-19-12 10:07 AM
    Curious though... if the media and blogging community have been so slanted against RIM, why is it that folks now see positive stuff?
    11-19-12 10:09 AM
    Curious though... if the media and blogging community have been so slanted against RIM, why is it that folks now see positive stuff?
    I would have to say Thor and his RIM team. Thor has admitted openly the past mistakes, not an easy task, and is moving forward with more transparency and willingness to engage developers and the media. Thor is a very likeable guy and well suited to push the BB10 brand(got to luv the Laker game pics) going forward.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    11-19-12 10:49 AM
    Damn man, my birthday is becoming a famous day! Thanks RIM! You gave me the ideal birthday treat!!! Anyway, you guys should see the experiment discussion in general discussion. People like it but the brand blackberry has suffered from popularity points.

Sent from my Nintendo NES
    11-19-12 11:03 AM

I agree, Although I don't know the stats like you seem to. I REALLY hope "The 10" turns the page in the US, mostly on a media standpoint, as it will be a wrecking ball if it doesn't. BUT... (grammar, I know...) if it does and the media latches on to "The 10" and the story gets some steam, who knows the heights the RIM Empire might climb to! People have to get this phone in their hands to appreciate it. Not some second hand version of "someones"- it took 2.8 second to get back to "The BB Hub."...

I will just say, I travel extensively throughout Austral-Asia, including New Zealand. The people I see with BB's are the business people, and the business peeps by far are out numbered by the kids/reg people using a Galaxy or IP#.... Sad but true.
    11-19-12 02:51 PM
    I have read people comment on how bad Thorsten is. He lacks any kind of warmth. He seems dry.
    11-19-12 06:59 PM
    I think people in the US tend to write things off quickly. They hear others saying BB is not cool or RIM is dead and they don't bother looking into the facts. Now that the facts are that RIM will release the BB 10 environment early next year, they have to face the facts that it is real and will arrive.
    11-19-12 07:02 PM
    I think there are lots of reasons.

Those people aren't total idiots, and they can see that RIM is actually innovating, and making progress on delivering what they've said they would. Obviously if there were to be another delay they'd be slaughtered in the press, but by their actions and words they've convinced all but the most skeptical that they will actually be launching BB10 on time (with even a date on the "launch" part, if not yet the "release" part).

There's also the stock price, which both reflects sentiment (among the trading public, and to some extent their perception of how the product will be received) and leads it (among those who ignorantly think the market actually means anything much ;-) ).

I hear that the US also loves a comeback story. RIM's obviously been in the position of hanging by their fingers from the edge of a cliff, but has started crawling their way back out of the abyss. Some people are beginning to root for them, maybe because it's human nature. Only the sickest minds really enjoy kicking someone when they're really down.
    11-19-12 07:07 PM