Can someone please explain this on the data usage sheet of my bill? It doesn't correspond to all the emails I send out, so what are they? Do they include PINs or Communicator? I'm trying to keep track of what I send out and then compare it to my bill.
    Anyone know the answer?
    Thanks!!
    11-16-09 10:51 AM
    Data usage includes Web browsing, BlackBerry Messenger, other IMs like Yahoo or AIM, emails, PIN messages, pushed content such as weather updates or Facebook updates, streaming radio.

You cannot use the data amounts to calculate how many emails you send, since data encompasses so many things. Unless you are tethering, your data is unlimited anyway. I stream radio about 2-3 hours a day, and my data usage for an entire month is about 2 GB. The emails will not use significant amounts of data.

The only thing they will tell you on your bill is the total number of SMS/MMS messages that are sent and received. Those are listed separately from the data, which encompasses everything that is not a phone call or SMS/MMS.
    11-16-09 11:45 AM
    I would imagine that if you were to have a very detail bill of all the data you've used through apps and whatnot, the bill would be forever long.
    11-16-09 02:19 PM
    There is an option to get "detailed billing" from AT&T for an additional $1.99/month, but I have no idea exactly what "details" it provides. Since I have unlimited data and messaging, I really do not have any reason to pay extra to see any further details.
    11-16-09 03:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD