Greetings;

Although I have a Q10, I thought I would ask this in the General Forum. I have to send my phone in for a warranty repair. I have the "sticky keyboard" problem. My carrier offers a replacement phone ($50 refundable deposit) and they send it to BlackBerry for the warranty work. I back up my phone regularly but I'm wondering what if anything I should delete from the phone before I send it in. I'm not actually even sure if they pull the SIM card and give that to you before it goes. The boffin on the help desk of my carrier did say that BB would wipe my phone and I would have restore data/contacts etc when I get it back. Is there anything "adult" I should do before sending it out? I'm also wondering if the loaner phone uses my existing SIM card.

Any insights greatly appreciated.

Kire
    04-03-14 06:52 PM
    What carrier?

Posted via 10.3 on Verizon
    04-03-14 07:01 PM
    Back up your device, remove your sim card and battery you don't send any case or other accessories. Just leave your device with the carrier. You should wipe it before sending it in ,as BlackBerry will wipe it anyway. These days they are just posting a new device for warranty issues, odds are you will just get a new device. Please back up your device before wiping. You will need and use your present SIM card in the loaner device.

Posted via CB10
    04-03-14 08:27 PM
    I'm with Fido. Migrated to Q10 from Torch. I also had a mechanical issue with the Torch and although I purchased it from BestBuy, Blackberry (then RIM) sent me a new phone by courier and a return pouch, all within 24 hours. Troubles with the phone were a pain, but all was resolved quickly and professionally. This go around has a bit more of a Rope-a-Dope feel to it. First call to Fido suggested to call Blackberry, listening to menu choices-basically, if you don't have a "ticket" number or service number, please call your service provider. My Q10 is my business phone so the use of the loaner is helpful.

Thanks, Kire
    04-04-14 07:48 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I take out my media card as well. I am curious though, when I restore data to either the loaner or a replacement phone, are the e-mail settings imported as well, or do I have to re-input the POP settings manually.

Kire
    04-04-14 08:07 AM
    Thanks for the advice, I'll make sure I take out my media card as well. I am curious though, when I restore data to either the loaner or a replacement phone, are the e-mail settings imported as well, or do I have to re-input the POP settings manually.

Kire
    No worries, It will come preset (the loaner) if you wish to change the settings you can do so. Remember to wipe the loaner before returning. ( please note that the loaner may NOT be the Q10). The reason you got the Torch replaced so quickly and ease from Best Buy is because they offer that service as part of their after sales package, also it depends on the window of time after first purchase you had the issue. When you purchase through carriers it's going to be as I have pointed out, not ideal but it works. You will get a tracking number on the package that they sent you, keep the number safely you can visit Canada Posts website to track the outward and inward trek of the device. BlackBerry /FIDO will inform you by email of the status of repair. Good Luck!

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by crackbrry fan; 04-04-14 at 04:16 PM.
    04-04-14 11:32 AM