Hi,

I have searched and can't find an answer on this...

It is very easy to send files from my Tour to my PC by choosing 'Send Using Bluetooth.' My PC notifies me that my Tour is sending and then the file is in my 'Bluetooth Exchange Folder' under 'My Documents.'

Is there a simple way to do this process in reverse? I have the option in Windows to right-click on a file and choose 'Send To>Bluetooth Recipient>Other.' I then find my phone and say OK. My PC says 'Sending Item(s)' but nothing else happens.

Am I doing something wrong? I don't want to go through a complicated software program just to get one simple file on my BB. And no, I don't want to send music or ringtones, mostly MS Office files. There must be some simple way to do this.

Thanks!
    04-08-10 10:27 PM
    When connected I drag and drop like when in mass storage mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-08-10 10:36 PM
    Is there a simple way to do this process in reverse? I have the option in Windows to right-click on a file and choose 'Send To>Bluetooth Recipient>Other.' I then find my phone and say OK. My PC says 'Sending Item(s)' but nothing else happens.
    Thanks!
    You have to accept the incoming request from your BB. Go into the media app on your BB>Hit the BB button>Receive using Bluetooth. This will allow to transfer to the phone.
    04-08-10 11:42 PM
    When connected I drag and drop like when in mass storage mode.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I want to think I understand what you're saying, but I just don't. Can you be more clear?

Thanks.
    04-08-10 11:56 PM
    You have to accept the incoming request from your BB. Go into the media app on your BB>Hit the BB button>Receive using Bluetooth. This will allow to transfer to the phone.
    There are some posts talking about this. I tried doing it and it doesn't work.

Also, it has too many steps in my opinion. Once you accept the file it's supposed to go into your 'Ringtones' folder by default. So you have to change that to whatever default folder, then move the file manually to be in a folder that makes sense for the type of file it is. This is just my understanding because I could not get it to work.

Do I need better bluetooth drivers for my PC? I am by no means a PC or BB expert, but I'm not a moron either.

Steve
    04-09-10 12:00 AM
    Before you try to send the file from the PC go to media on the BB. Then press BB button, scroll down to receive using bluetooth and press the trackball. Then send the file from your PC. It should work. The BB needs to initiate the transfer request, not the PC.
    04-09-10 12:08 AM
    Before you try to send the file from the PC go to media on the BB. Then press BB button, scroll down to receive using bluetooth and press the trackball. Then send the file from your PC. It should work. The BB needs to initiate the transfer request, not the PC.
    Yeah, I tried that and my PC says 'Sending Item(s)' and my BB says 'File Transfer: Waiting for connection.'

Then just sits there.
    04-09-10 12:17 AM
    I don't know if it could apply here but depending on the email solution your BlackBerry uses it can have an impact on your ability to use BlueTooth to communicate with your computer. In my situation, my organization owns its BlackBerry Enterprise Servers and uses Novell GroupWise. Our BES servers do not allow for the use of Bluetooth for data transfer. I originally ran into the problem a few years ago, trying to get BlueTooth Keyboards to work with BlackBerry Devices. According to the information I got at the time, the device need the right to change data on both members of the pair, but the default security setting was to disable two-way data transfer. I revisted the issue recently trying to use the BlackBerry Device Switch Wizard for unit upgrades over BlueTooth. The devices beeing replaced had faulty USB connections on the BlackBerry device. I wasn't able to pair the device and the investigation again ended at our Organization's BES Servers.

A quick way to test if your problem maybe related the possible security settings is to Open BlackBerry Desktop Manager and see if you have BlueTooth Support listed in Connection Options. If you do, try to pair your BlackBerry to your Computer through your BlackBerry Desktop Manager. If you can pair your device, keep trying to solve your file transfer issue, but if you can't it is very likely a network security setting.
    04-09-10 01:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD