1. Is there a way to select multiple SMS or email messages to delete rather than doing them one at a time?

2. What is the benefit of sending a PIN vs. a BB MSGR or SMS message?

Thanks.
    07-24-09 01:05 PM
    When you are in the message list, press and hold shift+scroll down with the trackball and you will see blocks of messages being highlighted, Then hit the bb button and select delete messages.
    07-24-09 01:07 PM
    BBM=Free

SMS=Not free
    07-24-09 01:08 PM
    Thank you!!!!

What did you mean by:

"BBM=Free

SMS=Not free"
    07-24-09 03:10 PM
    The difference between PIN messages and bb MSGR (usually called bbm) is small. They both use data and are near instant. PIN comes through as a message all in red in most inboxes, a bbm message comes through the bbm program and you can easily tell if the other person has read it or not.

Both of the above only work blackberry-to-blackberry. SMS may or may not be included in your plan. Some plans charge per SMS message or you only get so many per month. Just because you have an unlimited data plan doesn't mean you have unlimited SMS. You can SMS almost any cell phone but you have no way to know if the other person received or read it.

I do not know why a blackberry user would ever send another blackberry user a text/sms message.
    07-24-09 03:22 PM
    Thanks everyone!!!!
    07-24-09 03:34 PM
    BBM is free SMS is not thats the basics along with what SmoothRT said
    07-24-09 03:45 PM
    Thank you!!!!

What did you mean by:

"BBM=Free

SMS=Not free"
    it simply means, blackberry messages are complementary.... no charge. BBM all day & night if u want, nothing's gonna stop u(except flat batt or no network)

sms are chargeable by your respective telcos at their advised rates per sms sent.
    07-24-09 08:30 PM
    Let's be clear: if you do not have a data plan then BBM is NOT free. It will/does use data. I have several family members who have BBs without data plans, so we do not use BBM.

I just don't want someone to read these posts and think they can msg away and then get a data charge on their bill.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-09 09:09 PM
    True, but most BB users have data plans. But a good tip!
    07-24-09 09:14 PM
    thanks everyone..
    07-24-09 10:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD