I have Sprint, if it matters. If I buy a new phone and want to sell my old phone, is there anything special that needs to be done, aside from clearing the phone's memory? After the new phone is activated on my account, does the old phone cease to have any association with my account and I can just sell like anything else?

Thanks.
    07-05-09 07:38 PM
    Delete the emails off the BIS.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-05-09 07:53 PM

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=sprint

Delete the PIN of your old device from the email accounts.

Do a wipe on your old device after you use the Device Switch wizard in Desktop Manager to transfer all your messages and contacts to your new BB.

To wipe your BB: Options > Security Options > General Settings, Enter > Menu > Wipe Handheld.
    07-05-09 08:48 PM
    is there a way to do this without using the phone?

My charge port broke on my BB as my battery was dying and I don't want to go buy a battery charger just so I can sell the phone.
    07-05-09 08:56 PM
    is there a way to do this without using the phone?

My charge port broke on my BB as my battery was dying and I don't want to go buy a battery charger just so I can sell the phone.
    You really can't find someone else at work, friends, etc. who has a BB? If nothing else, maybe you can sneak into a cell phone store and use the chargers they have for the display phones.
    07-05-09 09:32 PM
    Delete the PIN of your old device from the email accounts.
    What is this exactly? I'm so clueless.
    07-05-09 09:34 PM
    What is this exactly? I'm so clueless.
    Log-in and select Change Device. When your PIN number comes up from your old device remove it, then save.
    07-05-09 09:57 PM
    Log-in and select Change Device. When your PIN number comes up from your old device remove it, then save.
    But I mean, what does this do? What happens if I don't delete it? What can the new user of the phone do? Would my new phone not work?
    07-05-09 11:21 PM
    If you don't do it, the new owner will continue to get all your personal email on their device.

07-06-09 12:11 AM
    If you don't do it, the new owner will continue to get all your personal email on their device.

Ah ha! So aside from deleting the contents of the phone, this is all I need to do in order to "disassociate" the phone from me and my account?
    07-06-09 08:03 AM
    Ah, I see now that I've logged into my BIS account. All I need to do is change the PIN from the old one to the new one, right?
    Last edited by JohnJSal; 07-06-09 at 05:26 PM.
    07-06-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD