So I've been strongly considering switching to the iPhone and then selling my Storm and considering the normal avenues for that (ebay, forums, etc.). I came across a website that supposedly buys used blackberries: cashforberrys. I'm not sure how they would turna profit, I'm assuming resale, though I'm not sure where or how they would resell my Storm at a higher price than they quote for it on the website. Anyone have any experience with them, or know anything about them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-12-09 12:47 PM
    How much you want for it? Never heard of cashforberrys. Make sure you get the cash before you send the phone is what I would recommend.
    10-12-09 12:50 PM
    Useless this cash for berries is a LOCAL walk in business, where you get the "cash", seconds after you hand over the phone, I would forget having ever seen the website.

If this place wants you to ship your phone to them, and they will send your "cash" in the form of a Western Union MoneyGram, via Paypal or money order or check, I would say, nice website, NEXT.

Also if this place does not have a phone number you can call or a snail mail address (that can be confirmed), I'd also pass on this as well.
    10-12-09 01:46 PM
    They appear to have a toll free number that can be called. They responded to my email fairly quickly saying that phones are refurbished and resold. It is at cashforberrys.com. seems like it may be legitimate, but I'm always wary of places like this.

Looks like they run other more well known sites like cashforlaptops as well.

Shame I can't post it in the marketplace here. That probably would be the easiest option.

Last edited by CASActuary; 10-12-09 at 03:40 PM.
    10-12-09 02:11 PM
    Why can't you post it here?

If you have any doubts about the site, even the slightest, just move along. eBay can be good for these things.

10-12-09 03:46 PM
    Don't have the required post count.

10-12-09 03:47 PM
    Well 7 more post and you will have the required post count

10-12-09 03:58 PM
    It doesn't take long to get your post count up if you're diligent. Just don't waste time posting in the cafe or lounge threads.

10-12-09 03:59 PM
    I believe it is 100 posts and a member for 3 months

10-12-09 04:30 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD