This one is totally unbelievable. Just now I discovered that one "Developer" posted a Cascades example in BlackBerry World and asks for it 0,89 euro! Look for yourself: app in question is called Photobomber (he didn't even bothered to change the name) and here the link to Cascades sample apps
    http://developer.blackberry.com/cascades/sampleapps/

Posted via CB10
    02-24-13 05:48 PM
    Interesting. Not really worth it but cool. Welcome to capitalism my friend, where people can make something or a service and charge what they want
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    02-24-13 06:50 PM
    I dont think thats legal... capitalism or not.

Can I sell Firefox browsers if I put a pay link to the firefox download page on my websites?

Even though it's open source, I dont think so lol
    02-24-13 08:36 PM
    It depends on the license that comes with with the open-source software whether or not you can charge a fee. Some open-source software says you are not allowed to charge a fee for it. In this case the Photo Bomber license says you're free to distribute the works in any form as long as you don't remove any copyright notices, and in fact it says charging a fee is perfectly fine. From the license:

While redistributing the Work or Derivative Works thereof, You may choose to offer, and charge a fee for, acceptance of support, warranty, indemnity, or other liability obligations and/or rights consistent with this License.
    So I guess you can just sell BlackBerry's Cascades examples in the app world if you want
    02-24-13 09:01 PM
    In the states Gillette sells razor cartridges at over 400% of what it costs to make them. That's capitalism and that's legal. If you want something to be done, call out razor blades first mannn. That is highway robbery
    02-24-13 09:38 PM
    Lol, fine quality control at work.
    02-24-13 09:57 PM
    Interesting. Not really worth it but cool. Welcome to capitalism my friend, where people can make something or a service and charge what they want
    He didn't do that example, it was done by BlackBerry employees (or community member). So, not much of a capitalism here, more of bs-onism I'm starting to suspect that it's the same guy who was famous among Symbian/MeeGo devs for taking GPL projects and selling them in Nokia Store. All owners of open source projects be aware, he is coming for your code
    02-25-13 03:17 AM