I've sold my old phones before on eBay, but after reading more stories about sellers being scammed I want to take additional steps to protect myself should I ever do so again in the future. No plans to do so with my Storm, for the record. In any event, I know a lot of sellers hate PayPal. Use it anyway or another method? Ship UPS and require a signature and hope for the best? What are the best steps to take to protect yourself when you expect the sale to bring in a good sum?

I hope this is the right forum. I apologize if not.
    01-28-09 02:07 PM
    I've sold my old phones before on eBay, but after reading more stories about sellers being scammed I want to take additional steps to protect myself should I ever do so again in the future. No plans to do so with my Storm, for the record. In any event, I know a lot of sellers hate PayPal. Use it anyway or another method? Ship UPS and require a signature and hope for the best? What are the best steps to take to protect yourself when you expect the sale to bring in a good sum?

I hope this is the right forum. I apologize if not.
    I've used eBay & Paypal for years and I've always used the additional insurance when shipping items that I found to be questionable. I've sold over 10 mobile devices (2 BB's) and never had an issue. The only problem I had was selling a car and it had nothing to do with either company.

With that being said, Paypal is not what it used to be and their fees/charges seem to be high. The demand is still there and I don't see any changes coming around the corner anytime soon.

In conclusion, I guess the best thing would be for you to do some research. I've found that the seller ratings are not worthless as others feel and I never delt with anyone who had too much neg. feedback.
    Last edited by BlackBerryBob; 01-28-09 at 02:16 PM.
    01-28-09 02:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD