Greetings All!

I have been having trouble with my Pearl for sometime and I thought I might try to see if anyone here knows how to resolve it. I have looked through the forums, but I couldn't find a proper resolution.

I am currently using a BIS, but since my work does have Outlook Web Access, I was able to set up my work email and calendar to sync with my BB. I have noticed that if I create a new appointment via Outlook 2003, it does not add the appointment to my BB calendar. I have tried adding the appointment via OWA, and i have also tried specifically adding myself to the list of attendees, but not matter what, it does not show up on my BB.

I also have my google calendar sync'd to my BB, and that seems to work as expected.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can properly sync my work email to my BB with only a BIS server?

Kindly,
    McSass
    06-04-08 07:37 AM
    In Calendar/Options, is Wireless Synchronization present as an option and set to Yes? If it's present but set to No, change it to Yes. If it's not present as an option, try logging on to your BIS account requesting service books be resent.
    06-04-08 08:38 AM
    I reviewed Calendar > Options > email address and wireless sync is set to 'No.' However, I do not have the option to change it. I also checked with my Google Calendar, and I do not have the option to send that either.

Additionally, I have previously tried resending my Service Books (and I just tried it again to confirm), but I am still not seeing the appointments I created. I still can see the appointments other people send me.

Any further ideas?
    06-04-08 09:04 AM
    I suspect you have email address as part of your option because you are on BIS. I have a BES account.

Regardless, it sounds like syncing is working, since you can see appointments others send you. When I create a new appointment on my desktop using Outlook 2003, it shows up on my bb in about 10-15 seconds.

If you create the appointment on your bb, does it show up on your desktop?
    06-04-08 09:17 AM
    If you create the appointment on your bb, does it show up on your desktop?
    Good question. I tried it about 20 minutes ago, creating an appointment from my BB on my work calendar, and it hasn't shown up in Outlook.

I would assume there is some small setting that I am missing, but I cannot figure it out.
    06-04-08 10:02 AM
    Check your sync settings in Desktop Manager. I know mine are different since I'm on BES. If you don't have wireless sync as an option, you can sync by USB. Have you tried that?
    06-04-08 10:06 AM
    I haven't tried by USB, but that is hopefully not a route I will have to pursue. I was really hoping to get be able to check my BB calendar in the morning to see what appointments I have to deal with that day.
    06-04-08 10:16 AM
    With BES, you get OTA sync for Email, Calendar, Contacts, Tasks, and Notes. BIS may only provide OTA Email. You should be able to confirm that with your service provider, or by checking your DTM settings. Or somebody here may answer and confirm/disprove it.
    06-04-08 10:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD