Seeking Alpha just sent an update quoting Frank Boulben

"Wednesday, January 9, 4:31 PM Research In Motion (RIMM) plans to launch at least 6 BlackBerry 10 devices in 2013, says CMO Frank Boulben. The first two products - a touchscreen-only phone and one with a QWERTY keyboard - will launch at RIM's Jan. 30 BB10 event. Boulben adds RIM wants to hit a variety of price points - getting low-end devices out quickly could be crucial to maintaining RIM's emerging markets base in the face of Android competition. Thorsten Heins previously said mid-tier BB10 hardware would arrive by fall, but that low-end "concept designs" would take longer."
    01-09-13 04:10 PM
    Yay! Sounds good. Can't wait for the big day.
    01-09-13 04:23 PM
    i am surprised that its going to take them til fall to get more devices out. I was hoping to see them around May at the annual event. I guess they still might show them off there but not release until later. we will see
    01-09-13 04:24 PM
    So, does launch = available to purchase and receive to the public?

or

launch = show off these phones but won't be available for public purchase til a couple weeks or months after the showing?
    01-09-13 05:04 PM
    So, does launch = available to purchase and receive to the public?

or

launch = show off these phones but won't be available for public purchase til a couple weeks or months after the showing?
    the second option, shown and available for purchase later
    01-09-13 05:06 PM
    the second option, shown and available for purchase later
    Thought so.

This isn't really news then. We've known they'd be displayed the same day on the 30th for a while, and also known that the QWERTY would be for sale in the following weeks/months...
    01-09-13 05:08 PM
    Wait a second.. i thought Z10 and X10 were mid tier.. it says mid tier by fall.. What is Aristo then?
    01-09-13 05:15 PM
    Wait a second.. i thought Z10 and X10 were mid tier.. it says mid tier by fall.. What is Aristo then?
    Ultra tier!
    01-09-13 05:21 PM
    i wondered that myself. The z/x might be the "high end" while the aristo might be classified as "superphone" status or phablet type. Hard to say right now
    01-09-13 05:22 PM
    As of right now the Aristo is nothing but a concept. Just some words and numbers on a spec sheet. It's likely a basis for the upgrade to the Z10, which we'll probably see closer to the end of the year, but for now the Z10 and X10 are the high end blackberry devices.

Also, this thread is rather pointless. OP got me excited over nothing .
    01-09-13 05:29 PM
    These guys are flooding the internet with articles now in a pro RIM stance. This perticular article is sort of stating the obvious. Then again maybe not to his viewers.
    01-09-13 05:47 PM
    i am surprised that its going to take them til fall to get more devices out. I was hoping to see them around May at the annual event. I guess they still might show them off there but not release until later. we will see
    They haven't really said anything about dates, but you would expect they would want to follow up the launch devices with some bb10 curves by mid summer at the latest so it was there to catch the back to school sales, so maybe that (or those) will get launched at bb world.
    01-10-13 08:49 AM