I'm trying to find two applications that will make my life a little more organized and included the descriptions below. I was hoping someone could help me find something that matched the descriptions:

- The first app would be a one-step reminder app. of course there are many ways to remind yourself of things on the BB but I want an app that, when I press the convenience key will record my voice. It will then not prompt me for anything. No "Okay?" or "Send?" or whatever. I just want it to bug me at some configurable interval later until I acknowledge it. It should also have a snooze feature. This is something I could use when I'm driving and think of something but can't be fumbling with keys or having to look at the screen. The app should just always do what I just described whenever you press the convenience key. The reminder acknowledgement would be to listen to the recording. I would probably listen to the recording later and send that Email or put that item on my todo list that I thought about earlier when I could not be doing text entry.

- The second app would be a shortcut key app. It should allow me to configure any letter key to run any app. I envirion assigning this to a convenince key. Then If I want to run "yahoo go" I can press "convenince-Y". Another option would be to be able to configure the BB built-in shortcuts but I have read that those are static.

BTW: I'm using a curve running 4.5

Thanks
    09-16-08 10:59 AM
    hey! while we're dreaming, can i have a pony?
    09-16-08 11:07 AM
    Doesn't sound entirely unreasonable. Best you can do for the first is use the voice recorder. As for the second, there is an app that will let you set any number of applications to the left hot key. If I can find it, I'll post it here.

Here you go:
    BBSmart Shortcuts - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    LaunchPads - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Software - Crackberry Store
    Last edited by Mathrin; 09-16-08 at 11:19 AM.
    09-16-08 11:14 AM
    Nice :-)

The funny thing is that I was able write something like #1 for a Windows mobile device using an interpretive scripting language written for packet windows. I used the built-in voice recorder and wrote an app that kept track of when new voice recordings appeared in the file system. It would then bug me every hour or so until I told it to ignore the new file.

The second one describes an app I had on my palm treo.

I love going to the BB from those two platforms but there are a few toys I miss. I'm also hoping some developer reads this and gets interested. I would definitely pay for both of these I described if it did exactly what I wanted.
    09-16-08 11:15 AM

Here you go:
    Hey, cool. Option #2 doesn't come with a free trial so I'll try #1.

BTW, can you find a pony for oakie?
    09-16-08 11:29 AM
    LOL This made my afternoon....
    09-16-08 11:33 AM
    Looks like you have one (with an engine) in your avatar
    09-16-08 11:50 AM
    Hey, cool. Option #2 doesn't come with a free trial so I'll try #1.
    Looks like #1 is out. It's just a replacement for the home screen but doesn't let you assign shortcut keys. I will buy #2 even without try/buy. It's only $6.
    09-16-08 12:41 PM
    Looks like launchpads does the trick. I also solved my #2 by creating a speed dial to a grandcentral account. It goes right to voicemail and sends an Email to my gmail account. I then have a script running fetchmail that watches for the voicemail notifications and bugs me at intervals to go listen to the messages. It also sends me a mailto: URL to clear the reminder. Works well but not exactly a solution for the average guy on the street.
    09-16-08 08:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD