I recently had an individual contact me with a request to add him as a Messenger contact, requesting my PIN. The message also had some strange characters attached to it (see below). What does all this mean..and is it a legitimate attachment to a Messenger add request?: (see what follows):

<$RemoveOnDelivery,SuppressSaveInSentItems> BLACKBERRYMESSENGERINVITESTAGE2

-------o-------
    200:AQEBAAECBAACmTsuHAAACAEAAwAVAAQCmxDRQu0s8Uhwwn nREMJMrcuf538UAAX+k4AeKMpk9laASXicZZg6yrpEkxQABiZJ 4ZwY0W1dmNc9pjse8vs2HL/pNAAH/5OAHvmz+v0vnTnYV3p6MaG/s18aUdaTJ1XJPdSKCcDMEfUFMU9YkftZsuTH1QgDLzJqPwAAUA ==
    10-14-09 11:06 PM
    It is perfectly fine. Are you on BES (company issued phone)?
    Did the person send the request via email.

Most importantly when you setup Desktop Manager did you choose
    the Personal or Corporate option?
    10-14-09 11:28 PM
    I am only a personal user. do not utilize MES. And I really appreciate your taking the time to respond to me.

I normally just communicate with this individual via PIN's......is there any real advantage to even opening up the whol BBMS can of worms with him? Other than message length? And if I get my phone onto a BES.....do the BBMS messages get logged the same way as the PIN's do....that is...not on your phone bill per se, but they do show up somewhere (like in an email-type of category, or something.....)? Thank you !!!!
    10-16-09 10:19 AM
    I am only a personal user. do not utilize MES. And I really appreciate your taking the time to respond to me.

I normally just communicate with this individual via PIN's......is there any real advantage to even opening up the whol BBMS can of worms with him? Other than message length? And if I get my phone onto a BES.....do the BBMS messages get logged the same way as the PIN's do....that is...not on your phone bill per se, but they do show up somewhere (like in an email-type of category, or something.....)? Thank you !!!!

If you are on a BES, virtually (not quite, but pretty much) everything you do on the phone gets logged on the BES server unless the admin has set it not to log that data.
    10-16-09 10:51 AM
    I received those messages when I didn't have bbm installed on my blackberry. Once bbm was installed, I stopped getting them. I think bbm checks your messages and auto-processes those messages. In my case, not having bbm installed caused them to be sent to my messages folder.
    10-16-09 11:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD