I'm considering selling my 8800 on ebay. I've taken out the SIM and run a data wipe on the 8800.
    How can I be sure it's "safe" to sell?
    And does removing the SIM mean the 8800 isn't "locked" to a network?
    Thanks!
    04-09-09 06:14 PM
    There's something I believe on Desktop Manager that does a complete wipe of your phone and its OS. I can't remember the name though.

But a handheld wipe basically is the security wipe.

Unlocking the phone requires an unlock code.
    Last edited by forever29; 04-09-09 at 07:24 PM.
    04-09-09 06:31 PM
    Remember to de-register the PIN from your provider's BIS server so it stops getting your email.
    04-09-09 07:20 PM
    Remember to de-register the PIN from your provider's BIS server so it stops getting your email.
    How do I do that?
    Thanks
    Chris
    04-10-09 03:04 AM
    Do a google search for your carrier BIS site.

Then login to the website and delete the PIN to remove that PIN associated with your email accounts. If you don't do that, the buyer will receive your emails after they activate the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-10-09 03:20 AM
    Do a google search for your carrier BIS site.

Then login to the website and delete the PIN to remove that PIN associated with your email accounts. If you don't do that, the buyer will receive your emails after they activate the phone.

Thanks for that, but the phone originally came with Vodafone (now deleted and no trace of this network appearing on phone). Have removed SIM card - surely if I have removed SIM no e-mails will come for me in the future? Can't remember ever entering a PIN code - is this the same as the PUK code on a conventional mobile?
    Thanks for your help - much appreciated!
    04-10-09 03:35 AM
    The PIN is tied to the hardware, sort of like a serial number. You can't change it. As long as the PIN is registered to your account, a new person won't be able to register it to receive e-mails and such.

You should be able to log onto Vodafone's BIS site via computer/web browser. Your login/paswword should still be registered with them. Once you log in, you should be able to change settings.
    04-10-09 05:19 AM
    Login to the BIS website and delete the PIN to remove that PIN associated with your email accounts. If you don't do that, the buyer will receive your emails after they activate the phone.

Here's the link:

https://bis.eu.blackberry.com/html?brand=vodauk
    04-10-09 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD