I would like to view my security cameras on my phone does anyone have any ideas on how to get the dvr software on to my BB Storm.
    03-27-09 09:36 AM
    I would like to view my security cameras on my phone does anyone have any ideas on how to get the dvr software on to my BB Storm.
    You would have to have a mobile application created to do that (I certainly do not have the knowledge for that). Normal Windows and Mac compatible softwares do not / can not install to a BlackBerry.

There are a few instances where DVR software can embed a live video on a web page, which would not require extra software on your Storm. But, again, this is few and far between, besides the security risk of having it "public".

You could also install a Remote Desktop client to your Storm (had one on my Curve - Can't say that I would endorse it, just mentioning it). Then, remote into a desktop machine with your DVR viewer software on it.
    03-27-09 09:44 AM
    See following links. Should get you in the ballpark for accompanying google searches.

New 4-16 H.264 Channel Standalone DVRs provide PDA Phone and cell phone remote viewing

Mobile video surveillance solutions -- wireless camera to mobile phone

(for the second link, reference "3rd-i solutions")
    03-27-09 12:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD