So I encountered this video last night and its bugging me as I plan to sell my iPhone 3GS a month or so before the new one is released next summer. And mind you ever since I got this phone this week there is something inside me that makes me keep thinking if I should switch back to the Bold I have in my drawer. Although I don't have any extremely confidential information, but just knowing that someone can retrieve my address book, emails and even keyboard cache is an issue, especially if I login into online bankings, Paypal, eBay etc. on the iPhone.

So I want to know, does anyone know if the security on Blackberry (on BIS) is as vulnerable as the iPhone? Like can data be retrieved on a Blackberry as the video below?

HowardForums: Your Mobile Phone Community & Resource - iphone security??
    Last edited by tacsniper; 07-25-09 at 09:39 AM.
    07-25-09 09:29 AM
    No smartphone is as secure as the blackberry, that's why the government, police, corporate executives use them. Also one of the reasons you won't see an Iphone in the corporate world for a long time, they cannot offer the security of the BlackBerry...
    07-25-09 09:35 AM
    the iPhone will never be as enterprise friendly as berries. Come on, its Apple. Apple has always geared their products more to the student/consumer/designer demographic as that is what they are good at. Apple should stick to that market rather than attempt to push a device into the enterprise world without even taking something so simple as device security into mind.
    btw, I am not an "apple hater" lol, I am the proud owner of a 17" MacBook Pro that I use as my main media center in my house because that is what it is good at, multimedia capabilities. Just like the iPhone.
    07-25-09 11:30 AM
    Honestly, when it fame to my contacts I was like " oh who cares, let them call my mom and girlfriend and get cussed out.". But when it came to keyboard cache, that made me really happy I chose my bold over an iphone
    07-25-09 12:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD