Hey Crackberry community!!!

How are you doing? for several years BlackBerry is synonymous of "security" and they are just getting better and better, however, when we take a look at the app world, we are seeing more android ports apps and with the newest phones on their way, it seems that Amazon AppStore will come pre-installed, so we can have our favorite android apps running on BlackBerry OS.
    By doing this move, I wonder about one thing, where did the word "security" go? BlackBerry work on buying security companies, they work on proving that BLACKPHONE is worthless, you offer that to companies but on the other hand you allow unknown developers to have access at will, to people's phones aka consumer's phones.

I really hope this move is temporarily, I strongly believe this is an strategy from BlackBerry to increase their user base by offering "the best of both worlds" and once the number of users gets back to how it was several years ago, developers will be more interested in making "built for BlackBerry" apps and BlackBerry can say "au revoir mon ami" to Amazon, if that's the idea, it would be awesome but .......... what's going to happen if that's not BlackBerry's strategy. Where did the word "security" for consumers go?
    08-11-14 09:57 PM
    No. The world will laugh at phones that don't have the popular apps. That's why so many BlackBerry users left the platform.

Security is not what the world cares about.

Posted with the Diva's Z10.
    08-11-14 10:24 PM
    ^ +100000000

Posted via CB10
    08-11-14 10:24 PM
    No. The world will laugh at phones that don't have the popular apps. That's why so many BlackBerry users left the platform.

Which is why I am bemused by the Amazon app store as that is also lacking in apps.

Posted via the Android CrackBerry App!
    08-12-14 01:17 AM

It's not that simple. People care about security. But they also care about innovation in tech, a robust third party development community, etc., etc.

The BlackBerry ego inflated to epic proportions rendering them flaccid. I think they've realized the mistakes they made and are on the comeback trail.

Posted with X10 via CB10
    spikesolie likes this.
    08-12-14 01:26 AM