CBCNews.ca Mobile

Look at CBC twisting BlackBerry news again The government needs to stop funding CBC

Posted via CB10
    How are they twisting it?
    03-26-14 08:45 PM
    I wonder why they'd want to keep someone who doesn't want to be there... what am I missing? Serious question.

I understand the contract thing, but it does seem more prudent to part ways.
    03-26-14 09:38 PM
    How are they twisting it?
    Ditto. What is being twisted?
    03-26-14 09:39 PM
    I wonder why they'd want to keep someone who doesn't want to be there... what am I missing? Serious question.

I understand the contract thing, but it does seem more prudent to part ways.
    Read CB main article. They aren't keeping him there. They just aren't letting him go to apple (or even Samsung/ any other phone maker) until his 6 months are up so he won't know as much if what BlackBerry is working on ect

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:40 PM
    Read CB main article. They aren't keeping him there. They just aren't letting him go to apple (or even Samsung/ any other phone maker) until his 6 months are up so he won't know as much if what BlackBerry is working on ect

Posted via CB10
    Got ya. Thanks.

I see the point of freezing intellectual brain drain, but I am sure it isn't cheap, and if he is gonna leave anyway... maybe a settlement is the best option; I don't know enough about how these things work.
    03-26-14 09:45 PM

Posted via CB10
    So, this 6 month "non-compete" time line... basically is only useful to BlackBerry under the assumption that they move fast enough to have new products/services/strategies within the six months?

I guess that's kind of a good thing for us.

Posted via CB10
    03-26-14 09:47 PM
    There are some people that you can not afford to let go. This guy seams to fall in this category.

...maybe BlackBerry will be running android with a tool belt.
    03-26-14 10:01 PM
    So, this 6 month "non-compete" time line... basically is only useful to BlackBerry under the assumption that they move fast enough to have new products/services/strategies within the six months?

I guess that's kind of a good thing for us.

Posted via CB10
    Given the glacial pace of BlackBerry to execute the six month non-compete period won't benefit anyone except their competitors. Sad. Chen began on a high note but as with his predecessor we are witnessing a reactionary management style instead of leadership. Thorsten Heins deja vu? J'espere que non mais l'histoire n'est pas gentille.

Posted via CB10
    03-27-14 04:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    Somehow I doubt that Apple's motivation was to bring him aboard to find out what Blackberry is working on. At this point Blackberry is simply not much of a competitor to Apple. Sorry if that sounds harsh but given market share numbers it just doesn't make sense for Blackberry towaste their energy (and money) on this.
    bbq10l, mikeo007 and JeepBB like this.
    03-27-14 07:25 AM
    Somehow I doubt that Apple's motivation was to bring him aboard to find out what Blackberry is working on. At this point Blackberry is simply not much of a competitor to Apple. Sorry if that sounds harsh but given market share numbers it just doesn't make sense for Blackberry towaste their energy (and money) on this.
    Indeed, and if he's on gardening leave he won't know what's going on at BlackBerry anyway. The guy offered 2 months notice which seems reasonable for a handover. Holding him to 6 seems more an act of spite than any practical purpose.
    03-27-14 08:09 AM
    04-15-14 04:16 AM
36 12