The wife just picked up a Bold from VZW, yesterday, replacing her Curve. She got a new SD card with it, so now she's lost all the ringtones she had on the Curve. I put the old card into the bold, but its saying there's a fatal error...is there a way to fix this issue?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-29-11 09:14 AM
    Can the curve still read the card? Perhaps you can use your computer as an intermediary in transfering the ringtones from the old card to the new card. Also if you have a micro SD adapter, and your computer has an SD card reader you might be able to have the computer read the card directly. But that's what I would try, using the computer to transfer the ringtones over. The computer hopefully can see the card once installed in the curve (or directly if you have an adapter), then copy the ringtones to the computer. THEN unplug the curve, and the plug in the Bold with the new SD card in it and reverse.
    03-29-11 09:21 AM
    I thought about that, problem is, I'm a truck driver and the wife just dropped me off this morning to go back on the road... The card reader is in my laptop bag in the truck. I have a feeling I'm going to just have to remake the ringtones and BBM them to her.

03-29-11 10:33 AM
    I thought about that, problem is, I'm a truck driver and the wife just dropped me off this morning to go back on the road... The card reader is in my laptop bag in the truck. I have a feeling I'm going to just have to remake the ringtones and BBM them to her.

Or make her wait, probably either way, is a LOT eaiser than try to explain it all to her. If she's anything like mine.
    03-29-11 10:51 AM

03-29-11 12:59 PM
    I've got all the songs still on my laptop I used when I made them the first time. I don't know why with VZW, it screws things up. My sister had the same issue, I ended up doing the same thing for her... With mine (Sprint) I just slapped the old card in and away I went.

03-29-11 01:05 PM
    I don't think SD card compatibility varies with different carriers.
    03-31-11 03:10 PM
    did the curve have OS5 and now the Bold has BB6, that can cause problems. Move files to PC, format card in Bold, copy files back to card.
    03-31-11 03:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD