It finally happened; I dropped my Berry. I hopped in the car payday, and while giving it a moment to wake up, I checked my account to make sure my direct deposit went in. Instead of sliding the phone back into the holster like I have always done, I actually put it on the seat between my legs and took off. Got to Walmart, went to get out and there it went. I have some permanent black splotches on the right half of my screen. The real kicker is that a co-worker offered to sell me his Droid Pro for all of $40 as he's got a spanking new 4S and doesn't have a use for it. I turned him down. Still carrying my Bold

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    05-30-12 01:46 AM
    I've dropped mine about monthly. And although I have come scratches from sliding it in and out of the holster, I still am sporting no real damage. That said, I've not done a pavement drop yet. I know someone that has a "fruity" phone and they dropped theirs on a floating floor from about 2 feet and the screen shattered.

Guess sometimes ya just have to Be Bold.
    05-30-12 01:01 PM
    Forgive me for those who don't like bumping dead threads but I thought this might be worthy of mentioning. I can't understand it but my screen over the last week has been very slowly healing itself.

How the h*ll is this possible. One of the two sections that showed damage, the more peppered looking one over the course of these days has faded and disappeared since the drop. The other big black splotch in my upper right area has shrunk quite a bit.

Apparently, my 9650 knows how much I love it and decided to get better lol. So strange but great just the same

Sent from BitPusher's BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk
    06-08-12 01:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD