Ok, I have searched and have not found this. I have 2 questions:

1. Are there any good scratch removers to get them out of my screen and the shiny black part around my 8820's screen?

2. How do scratch removers work?

Thanks!

Eric N. Cooper

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-08 04:58 PM
    I would like to know also because I have a scratch right across by BB's screen. I want to sell my phone to a friend but I don't think she will pay much for it with a scratch all the way across the screen.no, I'm not ditching blackberry, I'm getting rid of my pearl and upgrading to the curve.

06-23-08 05:55 PM
    Hope we find the answer bump...

06-23-08 05:56 PM
    From every report i have read, scratch removers have done nothing but made the screen look worse. I would suggest either searching for a replacement screen and getting "hands on" with the bb. Or contacting AT&T and seeing what options you have for replacement. This is why i always suggest purchasing some sort of insurance policy with a smartphone. The smallest ding breaks your heart.
    06-23-08 05:56 PM
    I know what you mean. But I got my bb for $65 of of creigs list so no going to at&t I guss mabye I will buy a screen protector or send it off to pdasmart.

06-23-08 05:59 PM
    Ok, I have searched and have not found this. I have 2 questions:

1. Are there any good scratch removers to get them out of my screen and the shiny black part around my 8820's screen?

2. How do scratch removers work?

Thanks!

Eric N. Cooper

I cant imagine a scratch remover would help at all on something so sensitive and clear as a blackberry screen. I agree it will probably make it worse. I suggest...next time... getting a rubber/silicon casing for the blackberry for about $7 and a precut screen protector for your phone also about $7 (which is pretty well a little plastic peice that adhesive to stick to your screen
    06-23-08 06:00 PM
    its 2o bucks is a plastic polish I bought it it works great just google it if that dosent work buy a new screen but I think a new screen is about the same price look here for a screen.

Cellular Accessories - BenQ-Siemens, Acer, BlackBerry, Samsung, 3G, Microsoft, Accessories Store, HTC,
    06-23-08 06:12 PM
    Just wanted to add that the polish is a two part system actually designed for ipods but works well on plastics like the BB when you google it,, heres the link found it
    Applesauce Polish Restores the Original Finish to Your iPod
    06-23-08 06:17 PM
    I think that's the site.

Also try toothpaste or a tiny drop of rain-x.
    06-23-08 06:18 PM
    looked it up on the first site I sent you can get a whole new assembly for 4.99. Iv ordered from them before and there post a lot on this site. There good got my stuff in a week or so
    8800/8820 - Acer, Accessories Store, SonyEricsson, HTC, Sony, BenQ-Siemens, Apple, Panasonic
    06-23-08 06:22 PM
    I looked at the applesauce before, but it scared me thinking of scratching my screen more to fix it!
    06-23-08 07:16 PM
    I think that's the site.

Also try toothpaste or a tiny drop of rain-x.

Thanks Brooke!
    06-23-08 07:21 PM
    I'm intrigued. Brooke, what do you do with the toothpaste? Spread a little on the screen and buff it out?
    06-23-08 08:39 PM
    Does anybody have an answer to this?

07-14-08 11:50 PM
    The tooth paste acts as a mild abrasive and may remove minor scratches. It works similar to a buffing compound to remove minor scratches from a cars paint job. IMO its a long shot but worth a try. It really depends on how bad the scratch is.

07-15-08 12:21 AM
    My friend uses toothpaste to take small scratches off his video game disks. However they do leave a smear look to them so I wouldn't recommend using it on the blackberry, but your free to try it out.
    As far as other scratch removers are concerned, besides buffering a car i c no alternatives.
    Well good luck on it.
    07-15-08 01:35 AM
    just by a new screen and swap out the old one they are pretty cheap i bought a couple because i know im gonna end up scratching my screen again lol
    07-15-08 01:43 AM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You might try the Novus products.
    Novus 3 is quite abrasive for significant scratches. Novus 2 is for lesser scratches and Novus 1 is more for smudges. Sometimes you'll find these at Motorcycle shops (for helmets and visors) and acrylic plastic companies (yellow pages and internet)
    07-15-08 02:01 PM
    Try Meguiars plastX. Made just for clear plastic. The wax is smooth, not gritty, and works unbelieveable on any kind of plastic. i have not used this on a Berry, but i bet it wouls work. Got it at Auto Zone for 6 bucks...
    07-15-08 02:12 PM
    What about that stuff for eyeglasses? Anybody tried that yet? I've got a really small scratch at the top just to the left of the berry.

07-15-08 02:18 PM
    is there any kind of cloth that buffs out scratches or is it only compounds?
    07-15-08 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD