I've been rocking a Blackberry for the past 5 years - though it is because it is a company-phone and I don't have to pay for it - he he. Up until I got my Z10 I was definitely behind the times when compared to my friends (and wife's) iPhones, Android phones, etc (hard to compare a BB Curve to an iPhone or GS4). Now when I show the Z10 it stacks up nicely with any Android or iPhone in terms of looks and usability. Keep your head up - you are rockin' that Blackberry for a reason!
    xBURK likes this.
    03-13-14 10:02 AM
    I get mocked in professional settings all the time(academia). My response is always the same - if I had more money than brains I'd have an iPhone. I'm brand agnostic and BlackBerry is the best option for my mobile needs. I think its pretty sad that people look to material goods to fit in....

Posted via CB10
    So now iPhone users have more money than brains, good to know.
    03-13-14 10:03 AM
    Here is my take in all this...
    Scoffed at for using BlackBerry-mockit_13032014121310.jpg
    03-13-14 10:18 AM
    It was not the BlackBerry - it was the holster !
    03-13-14 10:20 AM
    We've gone to ragging on holster use now. Wow.
    BlackBerry holsters have features that other holsters don't have.
    You are clearly not using your BlackBerry to the fullest of its capabilities.
    Not being rude, just saying.

BlackBerry are all about efficiently/ ease of use.
    Takes less steps for me to use holster profiles than you having to go into Settings to silence or wake phone just by placing or removing from holster.

Posted via CB10
    This poster seems as bright as a bag of sand....
    03-13-14 11:13 AM
    Seems like I remember a study awhile back that actually indicated that BlackBerry users were more social and successful than others. I might remember wrong though, but for sure BlackBerry users tended to be more focused and driven and that is usually related to success.

Amen!

I've tried to use a coworkers Android for a week, near the end of January [Samsung Galaxy S4 then a Samsung Note 3 ] I couldn't do it, at all!

Literally the 3rd day, I gave it back to him, and his eyes lit up. 'did you buy an S4? I told you it was a better device' acting all childish. I said I hated the gimmicks and just didn't need anything this phone was offering as per gimmicks, so I said 'Cameron....I hate this f***ing Gimmick S4....I'll never use one, let alone own such garbage.

The cheque I worked my **** off for came in today, a whopping $201,096.00 BlackBerry Q10, productivity at its god damn best, its a great little helper in running my business as well. I seriously doubt I'd be able to 'keep moving' with iOS or Android OS, but to each their own. Maybe if he wasn;t crushing candies and sh1t he could be on my level, or using instagram or whatever these people with Androids do.... also keep in mind he's a 44 year old man, with a family, and my success is killing him on the inside

I work in the transportation industry, this was paid in full over 30 days term in the agreement I had with the other business.

My name is Derrick, I am 26 years old, and I'm powered by BlackBerry

Scoffed at for using BlackBerry-img_20140204_160629_hdr.jpg
    xBURK and Paisley Pirate like this.
    03-13-14 11:31 AM
    Being in the UK, and travelling into and out of London 5 times a week, I see a lot of phones on my commute. I've mentioned in previous threads about how many BB10 devices I've seen, and it still numbers in single digits (I reckon 7) - and that's genuinely since Feb 2013. I don't stare about looking for mobiles, but i see iphone, after Samsung, after HTC on a daily basis - hardly ever a Q or Z.

I'm big into BB, but not religiously. I still find them the most user friendly for my needs, and when I'm out with friends who have 'usual' devices, and we all search for something or try and get a vid up on YouTube, my Z10 is almost always the first up, not least because I can type the correct search quicker than they can with the brilliant keyboard. I never say to anyone now 'What phone's that?', but get asked myself fairly often. I get some ribbing, but at the end of the day, if you like your own handset, just brush of any negative comments or, if need be, tell them to get stuffed
    xBURK and Sexy Sadie like this.
    03-13-14 11:49 AM
    No need for shame. The silliness will end as people mature. This reminds me of my high school days when everyone was getting the Ti-82 (Ti 85 maybe?) graphing calculators. I went out and spent my money on an HP48GX. Even the instructors gave me crap for having it. When I demonstrated 3D graphing, mainly by entering the equation for a circle, the constant library, using the data stack for complex calculations, the way it blew the doors off the latest Ti and Casio graphing calculators, and how I programmed it to use its IR ports as a remote control, and a few games, the perceptions changed.

I used that same HP48GX through university, and still use it to this day,20+ years later. Do not be part of the heard and go for what is popular: Go for what you like and works best for you. Demenstrating superior technology will garner genuine appreciation. Any abasive reactions are the result of others' envy.
    "The silliness will end when people mature..." It does? Haha. I'm in my 30s and the silliness does NOT end with friends my age. Of course, it's typically playful banter amongst my iPhone/Android toting friends. Though even my staunch iPhone friends admit that they were surprised when I let them play with my Q10 about how much improved Blackberries were and how smooth the experience was. I actually pulled out my 9930 the other day because I needed to retrieve a note that I somehow forgot to save. Though it served me loyally and was a heck of a phone, after using my Q10, I laughed at myself at how "slow" the 9930 was and I couldn't believe that I used it for such a long time. Night and day between the 2 obviously

And I too use a holster. Been using one since my 9650. It's so convenient and it frees up a pocket when I'm out and about. I don't carry a briefcase or "man-purse" and I don't like to hold my phone in my hand all of the time. Is it geeky? Who cares? It's comfortable and convenient and I don't worry about accidentally sitting on my phone or it getting crushed in my front pocket when I sit. I don't usually pull my phone out every second that I'm out and about anyways.
    03-13-14 11:52 AM
    As a Windows Phone user I know what it's like. None of you on this site would be scoffed at by me for using a BlackBerry, we're going against the trend of using Android and that's a good thing.

I'm even considering a Z10 as a backup device and I'm wondering if �175 is as cheap as I think it is for the Z10?
    Edited
    Sounds good unless you want to go for a refurbished one ...
    Amazon.co.uk: Buying Choices: Blackberry Z10 UK Sim Free Smartphone - Black

And below:
    Carphone Warehouse do them on PAYG cheaper than that I believe. You may have to include �10 top up, but still.
    Posted via CB10
    Nope, �189 SIM free...
    Must say that I'd better buy it @ BlackBerry online shop for �175 directly : https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=LfOB05YI
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 03-13-14 at 12:33 PM.
    neo158 likes this.
    03-13-14 12:22 PM
    Lololol....good one!

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:22 PM
    As a Windows Phone user I know what it's like. None of you on this site would be scoffed at by me for using a BlackBerry, we're going against the trend of using Android and that's a good thing.

I'm even considering a Z10 as a backup device and I'm wondering if �175 is as cheap as I think it is for the Z10?
    Carphone Warehouse do them on PAYG cheaper than that I believe. You may have to include �10 top up, but still.

Posted via CB10
    03-13-14 12:27 PM
    Hey u lot,

I got my first company phone - a Z10 recently - and have got to say it is the best smartphone I have ever had. For typing and functionality (swiping & gestures etc) it beats any android or iphone hands down.

Granted given the limited apps I couldn't justify one for personal use (Amazon & Natwest are the two I can't do without.....Candy Crush I coujd live without but I do like it)

Shame as I really love the Z10. I would be proud to use one as my personal phone.
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    03-13-14 12:57 PM
    Amen!

I've tried to use a coworkers Android for a week, near the end of January [Samsung Galaxy S4 then a Samsung Note 3 ] I couldn't do it, at all!

Literally the 3rd day, I gave it back to him, and his eyes lit up. 'did you buy an S4? I told you it was a better device' acting all childish. I said I hated the gimmicks and just didn't need anything this phone was offering as per gimmicks, so I said 'Cameron....I hate this f***ing Gimmick S4....I'll never use one, let alone own such garbage.

The cheque I worked my **** off for came in today, a whopping $201,096.00 BlackBerry Q10, productivity at its god damn best, its a great little helper in running my business as well. I seriously doubt I'd be able to 'keep moving' with iOS or Android OS, but to each their own. Maybe if he wasn;t crushing candies and sh1t he could be on my level, or using instagram or whatever these people with Androids do.... also keep in mind he's a 44 year old man, with a family, and my success is killing him on the inside

I work in the transportation industry, this was paid in full over 30 days term in the agreement I had with the other business.

My name is Derrick, I am 26 years old, and I'm powered by BlackBerry

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140204_160629_hdr.jpg 
Views:	703 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	254833
    Facepalm/

Posted via CB10
    litig8or98 likes this.
    03-13-14 02:46 PM
    Hey u lot,

I got my first company phone - a Z10 recently - and have got to say it is the best smartphone I have ever had. For typing and functionality (swiping & gestures etc) it beats any android or iphone hands down.

Granted given the limited apps I couldn't justify one for personal use (Amazon & Natwest are the two I can't do without.....Candy Crush I coujd live without but I do like it)

Shame as I really love the Z10. I would be proud to use one as my personal phone.
    Hey Steve, that's great your company issued you a Z10 and you enjoy it. Just wondering, what operating system version do you have? If it's 10.2.1 you can have access to android apps. I would also recommend looking at BlackBerry World everyday. Even though BlackBerry is lagging a bit in the apps dept, it really has come along quickly for such a young operating system.