Now that school is in session (In Canada) I noticed a huge influx of parents and kids (high school and university) at my local Best Buy, going over the latest phones, notebooks, and tablets. It was very clear that with Apple most recent product announcement of the iPhone 6S, and new Samsung devices. There is nothing on the horzion for Blackberry that is going to make the masses wait for a new device from Blackberry. Even in their latest flyer, there is no mention of Blackberry at all... oh but wait there is... look at the section on trading in your phone, guess what's front and centre... There is a reason Apple and Samsung announce at this time of the year, and Blackberry will miss it once again with no product announcements...

School's in session, BlackBerry misses the bell...-screen-shot-2015-09-10-10.26.24-am.jpg
    09-10-15 09:31 AM
    i agree. and it is very sad
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    09-10-15 09:32 AM
    "BlackBerry has had a positive relationship with Best Buy for many years," BlackBerry CEO John Chen said in a statement. "Regretfully, at this time, our strategies are not complementary and we must act in the best interest of our BlackBerry customers. We hope to work with Best Buy again in the future when our business strategies are aligned."
    09-10-15 09:36 AM
    Again.....blackberry isn't going after consumers. What's so hard to understand about that? Kids going to school aren't their target audience
    anon(4275744) likes this.
    09-10-15 09:44 AM
    I don't think you understand blackberry is not going to waste money on customer based advertising. Android and Apple won that race, so have a back to school ad goes away from the direction they want to take the company. Personally I think that is good management.

Posted via CB10
    09-10-15 09:49 AM
    Again.....blackberry isn't going after consumers. What's so hard to understand about that? Kids going to school aren't their target audience
    They aren't offering devices that enterprise and government users want either apparently based on the quarterly reports. Chen has said business and Enterprise users are consumers and if he doesn't appeal to them then it is bad. Well it is bad!

Posted via Z30
    Bbnivende likes this.
    09-10-15 09:52 AM
    What's there to offer? BlackBerry 10?? You're effin kidding, right?

Best Buy isn't in the business of selling phones that would have a 99% return rate with today's youth. They're in the business of profit, not charity.

If Venice were out, then yeah they'd be smart to push it to kids.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    09-10-15 10:00 AM
    Why do we need a brand-new BB phone? I don't think there's anything to be dissatisfied with on the Classic. I love BB Hub, I love the navigation, I love my built for BB apps (I actually uninstalled the Android version of Flixster b/c it couldn't compare to the BB version). I even love the return of the start/end calls and back buttons with the tool belt! And I love my Q10, too. Why replace devices that work?
    CivilDissident likes this.
    09-16-15 11:13 AM
    Why do we need a brand-new BB phone? I don't think there's anything to be dissatisfied with on the Classic. I love BB Hub, I love the navigation, I love my built for BB apps (I actually uninstalled the Android version of Flixster b/c it couldn't compare to the BB version). I even love the return of the start/end calls and back buttons with the tool belt! And I love my Q10, too. Why replace devices that work?
    Because the Consumerism Psyops Pandemic... That's why... <

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:18 AM
    "Work"? For whom? You are basing a company's business based around your specific preferences. Your neighbors may well have entirely different sets of what constitutes desirable/acceptable devices that "work". I would say that is currently BlackBerry's issue given their struggles with sales.
    pantlesspenguin likes this.
    09-16-15 11:29 AM
    Because the Consumerism Psyops Pandemic... That's why... <

Posted via CB10
    Crass consumerism may be a bit much but it also drives the world's economy- money has to circulate. Like all slippery slopes where you dig in your spikes is a purely personal choice.
    09-16-15 11:32 AM
    I refuse to believe that in year 2025 there will be only Apple and Samsung smartphones.

There's room for niches and BlackBerry will be in that space.

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    09-16-15 11:35 AM
    Crass consumerism may be a bit much but it also drives the world's economy- money has to circulate. Like all slippery slopes where you dig in your spikes is a purely personal choice.
    I was speaking on the extreme level of consumerism that is on display and found socially acceptable these days... I am well versed on how it pertains to capitalistic economies... The mobile phone market however is wasteful in SO many ways... The false need for a new device bi-annually for example...

Posted via CB10
    09-16-15 11:37 AM
    What's there to offer? BlackBerry 10?? You're effin kidding, right?

Best Buy isn't in the business of selling phones that would have a 99% return rate with today's youth. They're in the business of profit, not charity.

If Venice were out, then yeah they'd be smart to push it to kids.

Posted from BlackBerry Classic, T-Mobile, no camera, 10.3.2.2474
    Right. With droid apps and the messaging grunt of turbo touch keyboard device ... :-)

�   Leakers' gonna leak... :-)   �
    09-17-15 12:18 AM
    I refuse to believe that in year 2025 there will be only Apple and Samsung smartphones.

There's room for niches and BlackBerry will be in that space.

____BlackBerry 10 makes me stay___
    Thanks for not losing hope. Monoculture is deadly... :-)

09-17-15 12:19 AM
    I was speaking on the extreme level of consumerism that is on display and found socially acceptable these days... I am well versed on how it pertains to capitalistic economies... The mobile phone market however is wasteful in SO many ways... The false need for a new device bi-annually for example...

Posted via CB10
    I 100 percent agree.

Z10 on 10.3.2
    09-17-15 12:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    And people in CrackBerry show restraint and non-consumerism by buying immediately what is offered by BlackBerry?
    09-17-15 05:22 AM
    And people in CrackBerry show restraint and non-consumerism by buying immediately what is offered by BlackBerry?
    Never once said BlackBerry users were above the consumerism psyops... I was speaking generally and broadly encompassing the mobile market as a whole... Flock mentality is cross-platform without a doubt... A new mobile device is NOT needed in reality each and every year, let alone twice a year yet the majority of society panders to the idea that a new device validates one's livelihood and social status... It's a form psychological programming... One some corporate entities mastered better than others... Creating a false void with pure sensationalization, making people feel a dire need for nothing and then filling that void with one's product line-up.... That's all any of this is...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by CivilDissident; 09-17-15 at 09:54 AM.
    09-17-15 06:29 AM
    Some interesting points here. I think it's funny, I am in LA at a trade show. I see the same people all over the US for this industries shows. Each show, a few people have a new phone and they love to show it off.

The phablets I have seen this week, my gosh.

Anyway- it's always them bumbling with the device at the most important moments and them saying "I just got this and I'm still learning where things are." or "I'm still getting it set up."

How many people like to be a self admitted techie? I have rarely met a super user for any platform. While talking in the booth yesterday, I'm surprised how many sales people don't know what evernote or one note is.

I guess the beauty is we can all do and purchase what we like.

 Classic
    CivilDissident likes this.
    09-17-15 09:20 AM
    The false need for a new device bi-annually for example...
    Biennially
    09-17-15 11:34 AM
    Biennially
    Biannual = Occurring twice in one year

Biennial = Occurring once in a 2-year span

Biannual was definitely the correct word to describe smartphone purchase habits among the masses... Biennial is what the carriers attempted to push, but most abandoned seeing as this did not meet consumer's habits to have what's new in their hands...

Archer is a gem though!

Posted via CB10
    09-17-15 01:56 PM
    Biannual = Occurring twice in one year

Biennial = Occurring once in a 2-year span

Biannual was definitely the correct word to describe smartphone purchase habits among the masses... Biennial is what the carriers attempted to push, but most abandoned seeing as this did not meet consumer's habits to have what's new in their hands...

Archer is a gem though!

Posted via CB10
    Samsung release in spring, Apple release in Fall.
    Or Galaxy S and Note...

09-17-15 07:08 PM
    You really want to know why every retailer promotes Android phones and apple phones and not BlackBerry or Windows?

Because the retailers have bought into a huge stock of Android phones and Apple phones. And if they don't push their inventory of phones which they bought, with the assumption that the consumers would buy than they loose money.

Take a look at T-mobile over the last few years. They are a prime example. First they had a huge inventory of Android phones. And you could tell because everything on their website showed and promoted Androids. Now you look at their website and you can see they have a big inventory of apple products as most of there pictures and such are of apple products.

Look at the bright side
    If you have a BlackBerry the value will hold its self better than apple or Android. As apple and android are flooding the market so much that they will de value them selves in their own market.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-19-15 08:49 AM
    You really want to know why every retailer promotes Android phones and apple phones and not BlackBerry or Windows?

Because the retailers have bought into a huge stock of Android phones and Apple phones. And if they don't push their inventory of phones which they bought, with the assumption that the consumers would buy than they loose money.

Take a look at T-mobile over the last few years. They are a prime example. First they had a huge inventory of Android phones. And you could tell because everything on their website showed and promoted Androids. Now you look at their website and you can see they have a big inventory of apple products as most of there pictures and such are of apple products.

Look at the bright side
    If you have a BlackBerry the value will hold its self better than apple or Android. As apple and android are flooding the market so much that they will de value them selves in their own market.
    I think you have that backward. Retailers keep large inventories of the phones that sell the most. They don't stock phones that very few people will buy.

Also, iPhones have the highest resale value in the industry. Compare the selling price on eBay of the iPhone 5s and the Blackberry z30. The z30 goes for about $150-190 in good condition. The iPhone 5s goes from $240-350.
    Troy Tiscareno likes this.
    09-19-15 09:56 AM
    I think you have that backward. Retailers keep large inventories of the phones that sell the most. They don't stock phones that very few people will buy.

Also, iPhones have the highest resale value in the industry. Compare the selling price on eBay of the iPhone 5s and the Blackberry z30. The z30 goes for about $150-190 in good condition. The iPhone 5s goes from $240-350.
    I think you need to re read what I wrote.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    09-19-15 12:02 PM
32 12