When I open my Media icon, the bottom of my screen says "scanning"? Does anyone know why? I noticed this just after I downloaded the new BB Messenger update.

Also, all of my videos and ring tones are gone but songs and photos are still intact (thankfully!). For the contacts that have customized ringers that I downloaded, they still play when that contact calls. One last thing, I just downloaded a new ring tone and it is not showing up under the Media Ring Tone icon. I even redownloaded it to verify it was being saved to the correct location and it was. It even said "Would you like to override the ring tone that already exists". The only what I can find my ringers is by editing a contact to change their ringer.

Anyone have any thoughts???
    Last edited by jshaver81; 11-10-09 at 11:48 AM.
    11-10-09 11:45 AM
    when u went to media>ringtone did you go to like all tones or w.e
    11-10-09 11:55 AM
    Yes, I checked under all ring tones and my ring tones.
    11-10-09 12:15 PM
    When I open my Media icon, the bottom of my screen says "scanning"? Does anyone know why? I noticed this just after I downloaded the new BB Messenger update.
    The phone is scanning your media card, in order to properly read files, display icons, etc... It's nothing to be concerned about.
    11-10-09 01:06 PM
    Yes, I checked under all ring tones and my ring tones.
    What type of file is it? Like, .mp3? Also, I'd make sure you're checking your media card file folder and not the device folder.
    11-10-09 01:08 PM
    Just let it finish scanning and everything should go back to normal.

The phone will rescan after an update or after you add a number of files to the phone at once. One time I added about 45 pictures at once and it scanned for about 15 minutes.
    11-10-09 01:11 PM
    What type of file is it? Like, .mp3? Also, I'd make sure you're checking your media card file folder and not the device folder.
    I don't think it says scanning when opening the device memory tho, only the card.
    11-10-09 01:11 PM
    I don't think it says scanning when opening the device memory tho, only the card.
    No, that I know, but I'm just making sure that the OP is checking the appropriate set of folders for her ringtone. There is a ringtone folder in Device Memory, I think. The scanning of the Memory Card is normal.
    11-10-09 02:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD