how do i save copies of the text messages on my phone? i need to store copies of some harassing text messages and i can't figure out how to get them off my phone

thanks
    09-27-07 11:54 AM
    anyone know???
    10-01-07 12:53 PM
    Dont think there is really a way to do it. I think you can make a backup but its not really saving them. You can always forward them to your email address or something along those lines if you need them that bad. Not really sure if you can really save them anywhere though.
    10-01-07 01:10 PM
    i have been asking my self this question for quite a while, anyone have any ideas??? i had a samsung phone that had an application that would backup and save all sms messages and export them to txt files, im looking for something like that for my berry
    10-03-07 12:05 PM
    Try going to options then Sms text and there is an option to save messages on the sim card.
    Hope that works\helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-07-07 06:04 PM
    i have been asking my self this question for quite a while, anyone have any ideas??? i had a samsung phone that had an application that would backup and save all sms messages and export them to txt files, im looking for something like that for my berry
    There isn't an equivalent program like that for BlackBerry, wish there was though.
    10-07-07 07:33 PM
    how do i save copies of the text messages on my phone? i need to store copies of some harassing text messages and i can't figure out how to get them off my phone

thanks
    You can select the SMS and scroll down to SAVE and it will place it in a SAVED folder or you can forward it to an email address and save them like that. Hope this helps and the harassing stops
    10-07-07 07:40 PM
    Here's your answer!

I just bought, downloaded and ran ABC Amber's BlackBerry Converter. It is EXACTLY what we've been looking for and it's inexpensive ($20). It accesses the IPD backup file that Blackberry software creates when the backup option is selected, and allows the user to easily print save the messages in a wide variety of formats.

Best,

Peter
    05-19-08 10:28 AM
    Here's your answer!

I just bought, downloaded and ran ABC Amber's BlackBerry Converter. It is EXACTLY what we've been looking for and it's inexpensive ($20). It accesses the IPD backup file that Blackberry software creates when the backup option is selected, and allows the user to easily print save the messages in a wide variety of formats.

Best,

Peter
    nice... good answer.

if you dont want to buy that program, however, you can just highlight the message you want to save, select "save" and the phone will store it. if you want to pull up your saved messages, go to your inbox, pull up the menu, click "view folder" and go to your saved messages.
    05-19-08 10:59 AM

thanks
    To save > Menu >save
    To get them off to somewhere else > Delete.
    You can also Forward them to your PC.
    05-19-08 11:54 AM
    You can also use our program if your running OS version 4.2.1 or higher we automatically grab incoming and outgoing text messages from the blackberry and sync them with our servers. Allowing users to have all SMS stored for free.
    05-27-08 11:44 PM
    I am trying to backup my sms messages using the DeskTop Manager. When it transfers the files it only shows 8 messages. I have about 50 on my BB. I saved the 8 and then deleted them from my BB and transfered again and the same 8 messages appeared again.
    07-06-08 11:01 PM
    Try going to options then Sms text and there is an option to save messages on the sim card.
    Hope that works\helps.

This option works well for me as I remove the Sim stick it in a blokia handset and use the pc suite to save or print my important sms's

07-06-08 11:36 PM
    Any idea how this could be done on an 8130 and a Mac? I have access to a Windows machine if necessary, but would really like to keep it all in one place. Thanks!
    07-08-08 04:46 PM
    1. Backup your blackberry and save in a backup folder or wherever u keep them
    2. In the desktop manager, go back into backup and restore and open the advanced button
    3. In device database column, scroll down to locate your sms messages
    4. Click the left arrow to copy sms messages over to left column
    5. Click close and click yes to save changes and click close again.
    6. Go to the backup folder where u backup to and change the extension�.ipd� to �.doc�
    7. open the doc file and click ok to open file conversion to the default windows encoding
    8. you will see all your texts between lines of code including the phone number where text came from but it will not show the time of when the txts came in its best to keep a days worth and note the time of start and end after you save
    9. highlight the code and delete all except your texts and / or phone numbers if you wish
    10. You will notice that texts come after 3 or 4 lines of code keep a careful eye so you don�t accidently delete any thing in between
    11. Start at the top and work your way down to the last text
    12. Do not save the doc you were working on as it will save in notepad and the note pad will retain some code and you will lose about half of what you saved so what I did was to copy all the text then made a new document in a folder and renamed it ex. (Aug 21 8:17a � 9:35p) or any title you wish
    13. paste the texts in the new document and save
    14. delete the coded document and delete prior all your old messages on your blackberry

Good Luck and have fun folks
    08-22-08 09:50 PM
    Good Luck and have fun folks
    my goodness, why does it have to be so complicated? Can't RIM think of an user friendly process to do such a basic operation?
    03-27-09 05:37 AM
    well from what I have read there is a program called ABC Amber and also Skydeck that are good for doing this...
    07-08-09 11:38 AM
    I went to advanced under backup and restore and told it to just backup my SMS messages, i seemed to work fine. The problem now is that I can't find the ipd file to go and edit. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
    09-20-09 09:30 AM
    Hi Davidmcw,
    First thing that comes to mind to fix this is to do the following: XP/Vista - open Control panel, then click folder options, then click the View tab, then make sure the Radio button is selected that says "Show hidden files and folders", then go back to where you backed up with Desktop Manager & see if it is there.

Hope that works for you.
    11-07-09 09:02 AM
    wont let me change ipd to doc any advice?
    11-13-09 10:21 PM
    just highlight last 3 letters after the period in the extension .ipd and change to .doc then press enter
    12-10-09 12:46 PM
    Using BlackBerry�s desktop manager, go to backup and restore. Next go to the advanced option (with blackberry plugged into PC and Sync.) Select MMS message and click the << button. It will then backup your messages. The text messages are now saved to your computer. Close Desktop manager and unplug Blackberry.

Next verify that your new Blackberry is in the personal mode to do this you:
    Open up your contact folder. On my phone it is a white screen. Next press the blackberry button. (In googles images type "hit your Blackberry" for a Picture) Next select filter. Check the personal setting.
    After you verify personal mode is set, you plug in your Blackberry and open Blackberry�s desktop manager. Your phone will Sync. Choose the restore and select your backup file. Select Yes. The program will restore your text messages.

This method was used using a Blackberry curve 8350i
    03-03-10 01:41 AM
    If your contacts disappear it is because they may be saved in the business mode. There is a way you can select view all but I can't find it and I don't have the time to find it. If I find it I will repost. In order to see your contacts you will have to change it back to bus mode to see them unless you find the view all feature. You messages may only appear in personal mode unless view all is selected.
    03-03-10 02:08 AM
    Dont think there is really a way to do it. I think you can make a backup but its not really saving them. You can always forward them to your email address or something along those lines if you need them that bad. Not really sure if you can really save them anywhere though.
    There isn't a way to do that no other than what you suggested, manually emailing them somewhere. I was reading a developer commenting on his product (one that backs up incoming SMS messages by sending them to an email address) and according to him the BB API does not allow them to access SMS messages stored on the deice, this is most likely a security precaution.
    03-03-10 05:42 AM
    I tried the free software MagicBerry which works beautifully.

It is the blackberry IPD reader that can read and extract: SMS Messages, Phone Call Logs, Address Book, Service Book, Tasks, memos, Calendar from IPD backup file and export them.

I am not allowed to post the download link. You can google and find.
    10-08-10 11:04 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD