I recently purchased and loaded a media storage card for my Blackberry Curve 8310. My problem is that I can't save existing photos to my card. I have followed many of the instructions people have given on this site, yet I still have problems.

Here is some information if it helps:

* I have already set my camera to save photos to my media card.
    * I am able to see my removable disk on my computer
    * When I take new pictures (after loading my card) I can see them on my computer & phone

My main problem is that I can't save pictures that i took BEFORE loading my media storage card. I don't want to email them to myself, since that'd cost money. I also don't have bluetooth connection. Is there a way to save existing photos to my media storage card?
    01-12-08 04:20 PM
    if you can see the removable disk, make sure mass storage mode is enabled. launch blackberry media manager and you can access device memory that way
    01-12-08 04:24 PM
    email them to yourself...open and save in storage card and delete from device memory..

-db

you're welcome
    01-12-08 04:39 PM
    You go to where your pics are, highlight the pic you want to move, hit the menu button, select 'Move', navigate to where you want to move it to, hit the menu button again, select 'Move here'.

I think you can only move one at a time. I have not figured how you can move multiple files.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-08 11:36 PM
    The Move application does NOT work. All that let's me do is re-arrange the order of my photos.

I was hoping someone would have an alternative to emailing them to myself. That is costly and timely. I am looking for a way to save EXISTING photos to my Storage Card without having to email them or using bluetooth. I bought the media card so I would be able to save existing photos to my media card, but blackberry won't allow it. As pretty as my blackberry is, it's ****ing horrible when it comes to actual applications. God ****ing Awful.

01-13-08 12:50 AM
    kevi, i don't know what is wrong with your BB, but the move does work, I manually moved about 50 from my BB device memory to my SD card recently.

BlackBerry will allow moving (NOT of pre-installed photos) of your own added pictures.

What applications are looking for on your BB that you can't have?
    01-13-08 12:55 AM
    Can you give me a play by play on how to move pictures from my phone to my media storage card folder? If that is a solution, can someone give me a step by step, Please? All I am able to do is re-arrange order. When I select MOVE, a seperate folder appears and lets me re-arrange photos, but won't allow me to change from photo to media card. I have a blackberry 8310 if that helps at all.

01-13-08 01:14 AM
    the blackberry is not like most other devices. what you see as horrible is merely different, that is all. its a new way to do things and does have a learning curve, thus the reason for forums such as this. the pictures you are trying to move, when you hit move it pops open a list of folders. what do you have listed there? also, does your blackberry recognize the memory card? what is the available memory when you go to options > media card
    01-13-08 01:22 AM
    I had the same problem. It seemed like I could only rearrange the pictures! When you select the picture and click move, click the options/bb button next to the rollerball and select "up". Once I figured it out it was easy. It just a matter of selecting the correct option. Just like your pc at home. I hope that helps some.

01-13-08 06:49 AM
    I had this same problem the other day! We finally figured it out - the same thing that kickinitlive has said worked for me.
    01-13-08 05:58 PM
    Hurray! Thanks for everyones help!! It was easier for me to move the photos after i created a new folder in MY PICTURES. That way I could do as kickinitlive suggested and move photos up to a new folder. Excellent!
    01-15-08 12:27 PM
    This was actually very helpful. Great site!
    01-18-08 06:58 PM
    Old Thread...but...VERY Helpful!!! I love this site!!
    03-03-09 10:41 PM
    Sorry to bump this old thread, but I found it looking to do the same...

As part of my search, I also found the following (free) app, which makes this operation a lot easier:
    Code:
    bb.emacf1.com/bbfilescout.html
    just thought I'd share it.
    05-08-09 06:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD