First off, I'm new here and new to Blackberry. I just bought a BB Bold 9000 and have an issue that I can't figure out

Is there no way to save a contact(s) to the sim card?? The reason I ask is because when I first got my BB the other day, I added a bunch of contacts to my phone but it doesn't appear that they saved to the sim card. I stumbled on this when I was looking at my contacts list and was in the menu, I chose the option to view my sim phone book (or something like that) and only one name showed up when I clicked on that option

I'd like to copy them to my sim and I even found an option to do so, although it's one at a time. However, I tried doing this and it still looks like my sim card only has one contact stored to it.

I guess I should also point out that the sim card was previously used in a Blackjack 2 where I only had one contact stored to the sim. Which happens to be the same contact that shows up when I look at it in the Bold.

Hope this question makes sense...............thanks for any help!!
    09-17-09 02:52 PM
    When I bought my Pearl, the salesman showed me how to save my contacts, one by one, onto the sim card.

From your Address Book, View (person's name), Copy to Sim Card, Save.
    09-17-09 07:33 PM
    When I bought my Pearl, the salesman showed me how to save my contacts, one by one, onto the sim card.

From your Address Book, View (person's name), Copy to Sim Card, Save.
    Thanks for the response Tequila.

That is exactly what I tried to get my contacts on the sim card but when I look at the sim card contacts, they don't show up......only the one contact that's always there.

Any other ideas on why they are not copying over??

Another thing that I noticed is that there doesn't appear to be any way to save a new contact directly to the sim card upon intially adding the contact. At least I have'nt seen it as an option, but bare in mind that I am a noob.
    Last edited by hoosier4974; 09-17-09 at 09:39 PM.
    09-17-09 09:36 PM
    the problem with saving to the sim (instead of desktop manager) is it will only save the name and the phone number. i put all kinds of info about my contacts into my phone. there are several programs you can buy cheaply that will help you transfer info between different cell phones
    if you are only transfering phone numbers then the answer is easy, as described by tequilaAddict
    09-17-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD