It seems my first post on this topic came after the OP edited it.
    Regardless of that, you seem to be ignoring the point that the information didn't come from the SA, it came from the OP.
    The point remains that the SA didn't do his job.

As for the keyboard, I think majority of users who have had devices with a physical would happily agree that BlackBerry has always provided the best user experience with a physical keyboard, including those who moved away from the platform some time ago. As for finding empirical evidence, I think it would take a bit of search effort because devices, especially now, are all graded on make and OS with the keyboard simply being a feature that is rated. So it would take time and a bit of patience to find it, but it's do able, in my opinion.

As for my personal experience, there is no physical keyboard experience that could my 9900 for me. I despise the keyboards on other touch devices, like truly despise.
    With those 2 points in mind I was convinced I could never do a full touch device.
    Yet here I sit 4 months later, with my Z10 in hand and I still love it. The keyboard was definitely a decided factor for me and I can gladly say I haven't been let down. Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    You keep saying that, but the salesman showed the customer alternatives to the unavailable device the customer asked for. That is his job.

I only asked because you brought that data up. And even in your situation, you show how very subjective keyboard preference is, and how it can change when you become familiar with new things.

So, you changed your mind about hardware keyboards, but the customer in OP's story couldn't have? You can't seriously argue that only one choice would have worked for that customer when you yourself illustrate how multiple solutions can meet a need, even if you don't see it at first.
    Last edited by bp3dots; 06-02-13 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Typo
    06-02-13 05:42 AM
    You keep saying that, but the salesman showed the customer alternatives to the unavailable device the customer asked for. That is his job.

I only asked because you brought that data up. And even in your situation, you show how very subjective keyboard preference is, and how it can change when you become familiar with new things.

So, you changed your mind about hardware keyboards, but the customer in OP's story couldn't have? You can't seriously argue that only one choice would have worked for that customer when you yourself illustrate how multiple solutions can meet a need, even if you don't see it at first.
    You still fail to see that the SA did not do his job. You are considering the fact that he provided other options besides what the customer requested.
    Doing his job would have included, actually the customer information on what he asked for, not giving alternative options straight away and having an outsider inform the customer correctly instead.
    I don't see why people continue to make excuses for the lack of service in the so called service industry, you spend money, that you work hard for, to get a service that these people claim to provide. I think that if these carriers/sales assistants/ insert any relevant service orientated job, are going to claim to offer a service, I am most certainly entitled to expect that service to the fullest, especially when I have to pay for it.

I was simply bringing something logical to your attention.

As for the keyboard, well familiarity has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it. I've used both Apple and Android devices, their virtual keyboards I find to be terrible. I find often that the people I know who use these devices have come to accept the poor functioning keyboard, although I hear plenty of comments of much they are annoyed by it, they will continue to use the device they prefer and learn to live with the annoyance. I can always find brilliant laughs on damnyouautocorrect.
    Had the keyboard on the Z10 been anything like the keyboard on either of those devices, I would have waited for a Q10, I am 100% certain. I knew within my first hour with my Z10 that it was nothing like them. That in mind there are still plenty of people I have come across on this forum, who have changed their Z10 for a Q10 or are simply waiting for the Q10 because they adamantly refuse to not have a physical keyboard, even though they have tried the Z10.

Did the customer say he changed his mind?
    I'm pretty sure the OP said he was offered a Z10 and the customer said he wanted a keyboard.
    Nobody is saying that at all the point is that the SA did not give the customer the full information, he did not inform him properly.
    So actually your point is still moot, because the customer was not actually given all the options, once again clearly illustrating that the SA didn't do his job.

Posted via CB10 from my Z10
    06-02-13 07:27 AM
    Great job...keep it up...we at crackberry are the real sales force for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    06-02-13 08:21 AM
    Great job...keep it up...we at crackberry are the real sales force for BlackBerry

Posted via CB10
    Which is sad

Posted via CB10
    aniym and Acidwire like this.
    06-02-13 09:52 AM
    You still fail to see that the SA did not do his job. You are considering the fact that he provided other options besides what the customer requested.
    Doing his job would have included, actually the customer information on what he asked for, not giving alternative options straight away and having an outsider inform the customer correctly instead.
    I don't see why people continue to make excuses for the lack of service in the so called service industry, you spend money, that you work hard for, to get a service that these people claim to provide. I think that if these carriers/sales assistants/ insert any relevant service orientated job, are going to claim to offer a service, I am most certainly entitled to expect that service to the fullest, especially when I have to pay for it.

I was simply bringing something logical to your attention.

As for the keyboard, well familiarity has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with it. I've used both Apple and Android devices, their virtual keyboards I find to be terrible. I find often that the people I know who use these devices have come to accept the poor functioning keyboard, although I hear plenty of comments of much they are annoyed by it, they will continue to use the device they prefer and learn to live with the annoyance. I can always find brilliant laughs on damnyouautocorrect.
    Had the keyboard on the Z10 been anything like the keyboard on either of those devices, I would have waited for a Q10, I am 100% certain. I knew within my first hour with my Z10 that it was nothing like them. That in mind there are still plenty of people I have come across on this forum, who have changed their Z10 for a Q10 or are simply waiting for the Q10 because they adamantly refuse to not have a physical keyboard, even though they have tried the Z10.

Did the customer say he changed his mind?
    I'm pretty sure the OP said he was offered a Z10 and the customer said he wanted a keyboard.
    Nobody is saying that at all the point is that the SA did not give the customer the full information, he did not inform him properly.
    So actually your point is still moot, because the customer was not actually given all the options, once again clearly illustrating that the SA didn't do his job.

The salesperson didn't have any more information than he gave. The product wasn't available yet and he didn't know about it. That means he did the best with what he was given, in this case, all the options that would have been available for purchase that day. That's really not hard to understand. Now, his company's training on future devices may not be to your liking, but typically, employees don't get info on items until they are closer to launch. Maybe this is someting you are just not familiar with.

It's also different being a worker and a random person in a store, in that he can't give out pieces of information on upcoming devices he's read on the internet, from various sources. That can often lead to misinformation and reflects even more poorly on their store. Until company info is official, its only heresay. If he promises the device "within the month" (for example) based on what he's on forums, and the company delays, or decides not to carrry it, he's the jerk who promised and didn't deliver (and probably subject of a different thread around here. The OP doesn't have that responsibility, and can say whatever he wants.

The fact still remains, you tried virtual keyboards, even though you were dead set believeing you only liked hardware, and you change your miind when you found one you liked. You seem to have picked it up quickly which worked for you, but most people need practice to get really used to one. Despite your change, you seem to insist that the customer would only have been happy with a keyboard. (and that people you know really don't like their virtual keyboards on other platforms.) Sure some will prefer hardware, some will also prefer iOS or Swype, or Swiftkey. But generally, you have to actually try something before you find that out.

*Also, most of the stuff on damnyouautocorrect is fake. Theres apps to make those hilarious "accidental fails." Don't believe everything you see on the internet. *
    Acidwire likes this.
    06-02-13 11:41 AM
    The salesperson didn't have any more information than he gave. The product wasn't available yet and he didn't know about it. That means he did the best with what he was given, in this case, all the options that would have been available for purchase that day. That's really not hard to understand. Now, his company's training on future devices may not be to your liking, but typically, employees don't get info on items until they are closer to launch. Maybe this is someting you are just not familiar with.

It's also different being a worker and a random person in a store, in that he can't give out pieces of information on upcoming devices he's read on the internet, from various sources. That can often lead to misinformation and reflects even more poorly on their store. Until company info is official, its only heresay. If he promises the device "within the month" (for example) based on what he's on forums, and the company delays, or decides not to carrry it, he's the jerk who promised and didn't deliver (and probably subject of a different thread around here. The OP doesn't have that responsibility, and can say whatever he wants.

The fact still remains, you tried virtual keyboards, even though you were dead set believeing you only liked hardware, and you change your miind when you found one you liked. You seem to have picked it up quickly which worked for you, but most people need practice to get really used to one. Despite your change, you seem to insist that the customer would only have been happy with a keyboard. (and that people you know really don't like their virtual keyboards on other platforms.) Sure some will prefer hardware, some will also prefer iOS or Swype, or Swiftkey. But generally, you have to actually try something before you find that out.

*Also, most of the stuff on damnyouautocorrect is fake. Theres apps to make those hilarious "accidental fails." Don't believe everything you see on the internet. *
    I'm perfectly familiar with how they work. And I'm also perfectly familiar with the fact that it takes minimal effort to find out something for the customer if that's what they ask you for. That is if you are interested in doing your job properly.
    And it's quite sad that you continue to defend it so vehemently while trying to throw these covert insults at me, for whatever your reasons maybe, but I work hard for my money, if I'm told I'm going to be provided with a service, I want to get that service. This is obviously not something that you are concerned with.

For goodness sake, you really are being ridiculous now. That is MY personal preference, THE CUSTOMER wanted a BlackBerry device with keyboard, not a touchscreen, end of story. There are still plenty of people who opted for Q10's over Z10s and traded out their Z10s as soon as the Q10 was available because they wanted a BlackBerry with a keyboard.

That was just a silly example, but it still is what is, it would be pretty ignorant to ignore that. Just because you get used to a disaster, doesnt make it any less of a disaster.

"Hi customer you are looking for a new BlackBerry. The newest one we have in stock is the Z10. Oh you don't want a full touch device? Well we only have these models in at the moment but I can happily check for you if there is anything that will be releasing soon that might suite your needs. If we can't find anything, I could show you some other devices although they not BlackBerry but might still be able to meet your needs" - simple. I guess you aren't really familiar with providing customer service

nickthebold likes this.
    06-03-13 07:53 AM
    I'm perfectly familiar with how they work. And I'm also perfectly familiar with the fact that it takes minimal effort to find out something for the customer if that's what they ask you for. That is if you are interested in doing your job properly.
    And it's quite sad that you continue to defend it so vehemently while trying to throw these covert insults at me, for whatever your reasons maybe, but I work hard for my money, if I'm told I'm going to be provided with a service, I want to get that service. This is obviously not something that you are concerned with.

For goodness sake, you really are being ridiculous now. That is MY personal preference, THE CUSTOMER wanted a BlackBerry device with keyboard, not a touchscreen, end of story. There are still plenty of people who opted for Q10's over Z10s and traded out their Z10s as soon as the Q10 was available because they wanted a BlackBerry with a keyboard.

That was just a silly example, but it still is what is, it would be pretty ignorant to ignore that. Just because you get used to a disaster, doesnt make it any less of a disaster.

"Hi customer you are looking for a new BlackBerry. The newest one we have in stock is the Z10. Oh you don't want a full touch device? Well we only have these models in at the moment but I can happily check for you if there is anything that will be releasing soon that might suite your needs. If we can't find anything, I could show you some other devices although they not BlackBerry but might still be able to meet your needs" - simple. I guess you aren't really familiar with providing customer service

Nothing I said was intended as an insult. There's not much point of that when we're having a relatively civil conversation. Not sure if I could say the same for you after this post.

Firts you said that empirically, BB hardware keyboards were the best. I asked for proof, you declined to show it. then You fell back on your opinion.(which is fine, except you didn't present that way originally.) Still, to the keyboard issue, my only point wat that many people who say they are set on hardware will enjoy or even do better on software if they try it. Which you haven't even disputed.

Again, it's not ok for store employees to give out unofficial info like launch dates or future products. If he doesn't have that data from the company, scouring the web for it and passing it along as fact is wrong. Maybe while he was browsing, he sees an Aristo comment and tells the next guy about it, but that never shows up. Now who's doing a bad job?

Point is, as I said in my last post, He gave the customer the best info he had on what would fit his needs best at the time. Period. I'm not sure why that upsets you so much.
    06-03-13 11:56 AM
    wait... so you went and interfered with a sale losing the guy a possible sales commision therefore lowering his wages and belittling him infront of a customer by contradicting what he said because they dont have the Q10 in stock and wont have it avaliable for a month?
    LOL.
    A.) They don't get conmision.
    B.) They already make $18 to $20 an hour.

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:07 AM
    I used to work for Optus. Here's some insight:
    - Staff turnover rates are pretty high and associates are moved from store to store to fill in.
    - A lot of stores are staffed by third party contractors and franchises.
    - People are hired off the streets and off places like Kajjii aka Gumtree and work alone or without supervision within a couple days
    - There's not really any formal product training. Just software relating to customer accounts and how to use the register.
    - There's no commissions in many stores.
    - Pay is $18-22 an hour

Posted via CB10
    06-04-13 02:14 AM
59 123