Is it possible to either save current location in googlemaps or send it to myself. Eg I was riding my bike and came across a spot I wanted to come back to and bring the wife and kids. GPS locates where it is but I would also like the GPS co-ordinates so that I can mark it on my Garmin unit as a favourite and have ti saved to my Googlemaps favourites online/browser.
    01-29-09 10:48 PM
    You can Send Location in Blackberry Maps. Send it to yourself.
    01-29-09 10:49 PM
    you can also send your location in BBM
    01-29-09 10:55 PM
    Did you two just say the same thing?
    01-30-09 08:17 AM
    Yes, we are brilliant and telepathic.

Maybe that was psychopathic, probably need to check.
    01-30-09 08:20 AM
    bt224 has the quickness, he is the master of the ninja reply.
    01-30-09 08:20 AM
    See, absolute proof of his ninjaness!!! He just knows, I don't know how he does it.
    01-30-09 08:21 AM
    I'm just standing on the shoulders of giants.
    01-30-09 08:27 AM
    I am not using BBM I I am in australia and BBM don't woirk/cover Australia. So is this only available in BBM?

You can Send Location in Blackberry Maps. Send it to yourself.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-31-09 05:43 AM
    I am not using BBM I I am in australia and BBM don't woirk/cover Australia. So is this only available in BBM?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Nope it isnt only available in BBM...have you got BB maps on your device??...if you have then go back to where you were and press your bb button and you should have an option to send location..click on that and click on whatever option u want to use.

Also another method is you can use geo tagging on your camera. Open your camera and press your bb button...then scroll down to geo-tagging and make sure its enabled. Then exit out and take a pic of the place you were at BUT make sure you arent in full screen mode once your ready to take the pic...you will see a red globe icon...wait till that goes white then take the pic. If it doesnt go red, then go into options and refresh your gps so that it can get a signal...again make sure your outside as the GPS wont work indoors.
    01-31-09 08:40 AM
    Nope it isnt only available in BBM...have you got BB maps on your device??...if you have then go back to where you were and press your bb button and you should have an option to send location..click on that and click on whatever option u want to use.

Also another method is you can use geo tagging on your camera. Open your camera and press your bb button...then scroll down to geo-tagging and make sure its enabled. Then exit out and take a pic of the place you were at BUT make sure you arent in full screen mode once your ready to take the pic...you will see a red globe icon...wait till that goes white then take the pic. If it doesnt go red, then go into options and refresh your gps so that it can get a signal...again make sure your outside as the GPS wont work indoors.
    No I don't have BB Maps on my handset - i only have and use Googlemaps. It doesn't seem to have that option you mention.

Thanks for the tip about the Geocaching on the camera - have enabled that. That could be a workaround. Wish Google would add the option to Gmaps.
    02-01-09 03:54 AM
    There's a free app called blackstar mentioned in this thread:
    forums.crackberry.com/f41/application-shows-lat-long-etc-without-maps-20979/

It gives you your co-ordinates.
    02-01-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD