I saved two blackberries today.

A friend has a z10 iPhone and s4.

He Needs the z10 for BBM but hated the phone and was waiting for BBM on android before he could sell it.

Loaded 10.2 on it with unlocked runtime and in two days he has all the apps he needs on his Z.

Will be selling the s4.

Another friend got a q10 as a gift but was gonna sell it as he was happy with his os7 device and a DROID.

Did the same as above and now the os7 is gone and is thinking of selling his android too.

Hope this helps in some little manner in saving blackberry.

Both the friends admitted that they were far comfortable on bb10 device than android as it was too scattered for them.

It's just a phone. Get over it!
    09-02-13 05:02 PM
    If we had the features and smooth operation of the 10.2 OS in it's most current iteration, I don't think BBRY would be the mess it's in.

10.0 was too little too late.
    10.1 was enough to keep people from returning their phones
    10.2 kept me from even considering other platforms.

I think if they could have not screwed around with the stray hype and patchwork OS upon release, then we would be talking about the Z10 positivity instead of the negativity, and due to the ineptitude upon release, I personally think BBRY is dead.
    09-02-13 05:36 PM
    It's good to be a friend of you because you know how to and took the time to install 10.2 for them. However, for the rest of the average joe consumer crowd, they are stuck on 10.1. They shouldn't have to install what is basically a beta OS in order for them to have a pleasurable experience on a BB10 device.
    09-02-13 07:49 PM
    It's good to be a friend of you because you know how to and took the time to install 10.2 for them. However, for the rest of the average joe consumer crowd, they are stuck on 10.1. They shouldn't have to install what is basically a beta OS in order for them to have a pleasurable experience on a BB10 device.
    They will experience the same goodness come the actual release of 10.2...isn't that the same? it's not like installing the beta os is the only option.

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:32 PM
    They will experience the same goodness come the actual release of 10.2...isn't that the same? it's not like installing the beta os is the only option.

Posted via CB10
    I realize that but I am saying that they will have to wait for the OS to be released. At the moment, they are still on 10.1
    09-02-13 08:39 PM
    I saved two blackberries today.

A friend has a z10 iPhone and s4.

He Needs the z10 for BBM but hated the phone and was waiting for BBM on android before he could sell it.

Loaded 10.2 on it with unlocked runtime and in two days he has all the apps he needs on his Z.

Will be selling the s4.

Another friend got a q10 as a gift but was gonna sell it as he was happy with his os7 device and a DROID.

Did the same as above and now the os7 is gone and is thinking of selling his android too.

Hope this helps in some little manner in saving blackberry.

Both the friends admitted that they were far comfortable on bb10 device than android as it was too scattered for them.

It's just a phone. Get over it!
    Great job mate. Keep on keeping on!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 08:41 PM
    Let's not act like 10.1 is horrible. People are enjoying BB10 in 10.1. Albeit more people than those on 10.0 and I'm sure even more will enjoy 10.2. I sure do.

Good job OP.
    09-02-13 08:43 PM
    Exactly I doubt if the phones came with 10.2 to begin with wouldn't change the world. It may have swayed a few more people towards blackberry but nothing crazy to change the sales numbers completely

Sent from my HTC One
    09-02-13 08:52 PM
    when are the 10.2 coming for the rest?
    09-02-13 08:57 PM
    Not sure I was hearing fall but im guessing whenever the Z30 is released?

Via REAL Keyboard Q10 or Badass HTC One
    09-02-13 09:33 PM
    when are the 10.2 coming for the rest?
    Current target according to most inside sources is they are 'slated for the end of the month'. However that's when it's over the fence from bbry and up to carriers...

The issue I see is the 10.2 builds (afaik) are still not in gold status only as a candidate... which means u til they get a clear OS build that's bug free the date could push back.

Posted via CB from my LE
    h20work likes this.
    09-02-13 09:36 PM
    If 10.2 is another never ending wait it would be a doomsday scenario. Course BlackBerry is already in a do or die situation.
    But I wonder who inside the company right now is a really focusing on getting 10.2 our as soon as possible and who is more focused on what tomorrow's news will be, where will they be working next week and next month, and shouldn't they be looking for a job instead of instead of worki.g on a hail Mary project at a dying company!!!

Posted via CB10
    09-02-13 09:41 PM
    Exactly I doubt if the phones came with 10.2 to begin with wouldn't change the world. It may have swayed a few more people towards blackberry but nothing crazy to change the sales numbers completely

Sent from my HTC One
    Yeah, an OS is an OS. I think they would have seen (maybe) a 5 percent increase.

As long as they'd dig their heels in, run lean, and keep the BB10 market narrow and focused - it'll be just fine. They are in a profitable situation already, provided they can keep costs down.

Posted via CB from my LE
    bradu1 and Brandon Orr like this.
    09-02-13 09:46 PM
    10.2 users everywhere. Does 10.2 include "text reflow" for the browser ??
    09-02-13 09:53 PM
    While i am willing to help one friend to install 10.2, its the fear of not able to restore her old data stop me from doing so.
    I sure not want to bear any responsilbity of her data loss just because BB is lacking in this area - backup/restore
    09-02-13 10:00 PM
    While i am willing to help one friend to install 10.2, its the fear of not able to restore her old data stop me from doing so.
    I sure not want to bear any responsilbity of her data loss just because BB is lacking in this area - backup/restore
    Ditto! I don't wanna lose my save games either so my primary remains true.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-02-13 10:12 PM
    Yup. I went to 10.2 on my Q10 and lost all my app data. Wasn't a huge loss but I just couldn't get the Android runtime to work after restoring app data. Everything else restored perfectly but it was still a risk. Was worth it in my eyes.
    09-07-13 12:31 AM
    10.2 users everywhere. Does 10.2 include "text reflow" for the browser ??
    No.
    09-07-13 12:37 AM
    Yup. I went to 10.2 on my Q10 and lost all my app data. Wasn't a huge loss but I just couldn't get the Android runtime to work after restoring app data. Everything else restored perfectly but it was still a risk. Was worth it in my eyes.
    I lost most of my "remember" data. Fortunately I took screen caps and emailed them to myself.
    09-07-13 12:40 AM
    I will definetely not do the switch then, I would not like to loose my 2000+ Remember notes !

So, why is 10.2 so awesome??? Is it the Android runtime?? Will it solve the app problem? Again only by sideload?

Posted via CB10
    09-07-13 07:55 AM
    I will definetely not do the switch then, I would not like to loose my 2000+ Remember notes !

So, why is 10.2 so awesome??? Is it the Android runtime?? Will it solve the app problem? Again only by sideload?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah exactly I want to go to 10.2 but I really don't feel like losing all my data on my phone

Sent From Q10/HTC One
    09-07-13 07:57 AM
    OP, its good that you were able to help out your friends. Unfortunately the average job will not sideload the apps that are not available on BB10. Hopefully BBRY will get more of the big named apps on board with the 10.2

Posted via CB10 from my spectacular Z10
    09-07-13 08:12 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can check to see if your notes are linked to an email account. As long as that account supports active sync you should be okay. Several of my folders were set to "device " and there is no way to edit that after they have been created. I did a full backup and restore but only a few of them survived.

10.2 is pretty stable and smooth. The pop up notifications was one of the biggest addons, but I have it disabled. I don't like emails and texts showing on my lock screen. I don't have any sideloaded apps so the updated runtime doesn't do much for me either. Biggest improvement I've seen is the new copy/paste which works great.
    09-07-13 08:43 AM
    I love the "toast" notifications and how smoothly android apps run on the side loaded unlocked runtime.

Personally I like the notifications on the lock screen. Helps me determine if I really need to answer the email immediately or if it can wait.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    09-07-13 09:57 AM
    I love the "toast" notifications and how smoothly android apps run on the side loaded unlocked runtime.

Personally I like the notifications on the lock screen. Helps me determine if I really need to answer the email immediately or if it can wait.

Posted via CB10 via my Z10
    I'm glad they gave us the option. Options are a good thing
    09-07-13 11:37 AM
28 12