Considering all the wonderful amazing things that my phone can do, I'm greatly impressed at it's ability.

However, I'm even more disappointed with it's inability to perform basic operations that every cellphone across the USA can perform.

Like sending MMS messages, receiving attachments, sending video, etc...

Here-forward, I refuse to call it a "smart-phone" since it can't do the basic things that every phone can do. While it is amazing..."Smart" just doesn't feel like the right term to call it...

I'm thinking that I should call it a "SAVANT-PHONE" since it can do amazing things but basic functionality is out of it's reach...lol.

Dm

"SAVANT": A rare condition in which persons with developmental disorders (including autism spectrum disorders) have one or more areas of expertise, ability or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations.
    10-22-08 08:59 AM
    What are you talking about? What kind of phone do you have? I can do all that stuff

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-22-08 09:53 AM
    Alot of carriers are now disabling MMS messages due to abuse. I am not saying yours is, but you might want to check..
    10-22-08 09:58 AM
    Alot of carriers are now disabling MMS messages due to abuse. I am not saying yours is, but you might want to check..
    Oh, I'm sure that mine (Sprint) already has...
    They never enabled it for blackberries from the start.

>=[

Dm
    10-22-08 11:58 AM
    Considering all the wonderful amazing things that my phone can do, I'm greatly impressed at it's ability.

However, I'm even more disappointed with it's inability to perform basic operations that every cellphone across the USA can perform.

Like sending MMS messages, receiving attachments, sending video, etc...

Here-forward, I refuse to call it a "smart-phone" since it can't do the basic things that every phone can do. While it is amazing..."Smart" just doesn't feel like the right term to call it...

I'm thinking that I should call it a "SAVANT-PHONE" since it can do amazing things but basic functionality is out of it's reach...lol.

Dm

"SAVANT": A rare condition in which persons with developmental disorders (including autism spectrum disorders) have one or more areas of expertise, ability or brilliance that are in contrast with the individual's overall limitations.

that's a bummer for you. i can do all these things on my Curve. maybe it's time for an upgrade of device/carrier
    10-22-08 12:01 PM
    So you have a "Savant-Provider" on a Smart Phone! My BB does everything and could do it right out of the box.
    10-22-08 12:05 PM
    Mine does all that too...
    10-22-08 12:15 PM
    Okay, you all are right.
    The only savant in this instance IS the service provider...IE: Sprint.

Looks like when the wife is ready for her berry, we may be jumping ship and going to Verizon.

Dm
    10-22-08 12:31 PM
    Okay, you all are right.
    The only savant in this instance IS the service provider...IE: Sprint.

Looks like when the wife is ready for her berry, we may be jumping ship and going to Verizon.

Dm
    See, first step is admitting it! haha. Would love to have you and your wife on the most reliable network!
    10-22-08 12:36 PM
    the videos i send come out as .gif images, so i agree to some degree...
    10-22-08 12:38 PM
    My curve also did everything right out of the box. Sounds like its time to switch carriers.

10-22-08 01:47 PM
    Verizon is pretty good and let's you do all that, but it doesn't let you know where you are without paying some extra money.

10-22-08 02:15 PM
    My advice is go shop and see who lets you do what you WANT to do. Go for whats best for you. All of us have different carriers that allow of different things but you have to go with who gives you what YOU want.
    10-22-08 02:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD