This bit of news was just released today. Looks like RIM/BB may have some serious competition coming there way. I hate bad news.

http://www.androidauthority.com/sams...europe-128974/

Blackberry's security is second to none, but it seams as though Samsung is tring to take advantage of its significate share in the smart phone market.
    11-06-12 04:49 PM
    I think you're mis-reading the article. There's no mention of a "Samsung Enterprise Server." The SAFE program's been out for a while, and a "Samsung Server" is not part of it. Here's what it says in the article:

"The program will include the SAFE Platform itself, the SAFE Partner Program and SAFE Quality Assurance, which will include support for corporate-grade functionalities like secure email, on-device encryption, VPN and MDM."

No mention of a server. It's basically saying that Samsung devices that fall under the "SAFE" category will be capable of advanced encryption and be MDM capable.

The part that actually should concern RIM is the "SAFE2SWITCH" which allows enterprise customers to upgrade their old devices at a discount.
    11-06-12 05:17 PM
    As I would love to agree with you, Samsung is createing its own Moblie Device Management solution with 3rd party assistance (not particularly BES). I am sure it will be compliant with BES, but I am sure they are developing a solution BB were to fail. Samsung's smartphone market share is massive. Business are looking for a solution and if Samsung's solution is cheaper and at least as good (which it isn't at the moment) as BES then BB has some competition.

For more proof that Samsung is working on it's own MDM solution check out this link. Samsung for Enterprise/

Don't think that I am rooting for Samsung because I am not. I just found this interesting information on the web and thought I would share.

I do agree with you on the Safe2Switch part.
    11-06-12 07:54 PM