Slightly more than a third of Samsung smartphone owners said they would not buy another phone from the company after the Galaxy Note 7 recall, according to a survey from brand consultant firm Branding Brand, which conducted the poll before the replacements started catching on fire."
    Yep.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-16 06:59 PM
    Any chance that Samsung will exit the smartphone market or go bankruptcy?
    10-10-16 07:26 PM
    Not sure if this is sarcasm but no chance of that happening even with this debacle.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    krazyatom, shaleem and TGR1 like this.
    10-10-16 08:06 PM
    Oh boy, I have some egg on my face. I switched from a Z10 to a Z30 and then a Passport to the Note 7. This has been fun. Spent money in USB C cables, a wireless charger and cases. Wasted time setting up the original Note and then the "fixed" Note and now I have switch devices again. If Samsung refunds me for all of that I may purchase another Samsung product, if not they will never get one cent of my money again.

Unfortunately I was starting to enjoy the device especially the SPen and the always on display. Now I don't know what to do. I don't like BlackBerry's Android offerings and BB10 is dead and I'd never use a iproduct.

shaleem likes this.
    10-10-16 10:25 PM
    Oh boy, I have some egg on my face. I switched from a Z10 to a Z30 and then a Passport to the Note 7. This has been fun. Spent money in USB C cables, a wireless charger and cases. Wasted time setting up the original Note and then the "fixed" Note and now I have switch devices again. If Samsung refunds me for all of that I may purchase another Samsung product, if not they will never get one cent of my money again.

Unfortunately I was starting to enjoy the device especially the SPen and the always on display. Now I don't know what to do. I don't like BlackBerry's Android offerings and BB10 is dead and I'd never use a iproduct.

Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the BlackBerry android offering?

10-10-16 11:17 PM
    For the latter, no. Samsung is very diversified, a blow to cell phones can be softened by shipyards, computer memory and televisions.

For the former, well, Firestone is still around...
    krazyatom, zephyr613 and shaleem like this.
    10-10-16 11:27 PM
    Samsung also makes CARS but not many people know about it. Renault bought 70% of Samsung Motors in 2000 but it is still considered a Korean car there.

http://www.carscoops.com/2011/08/ren...s-out.html?m=1

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-11-16 01:50 AM
    For the latter, no. Samsung is very diversified, a blow to cell phones can be softened by shipyards, computer memory and televisions.

Don't forget Wind Turbines, as we in Ontario are aware every time we open our utility bills...

Ontario-Samsung green energy deal dubbed ?colossal failure? | Globalnews.ca
    ALToronto likes this.
    10-11-16 06:08 AM
    interesting to see if we ever get another note or they rebrand it entirely.
    shaleem, TGR1 and Dunt Dunt Dunt like this.
    10-11-16 06:15 AM
    interesting to see if we ever get another note or they rebrand it entirely.
    The Tizen Book 8 ...
    10-11-16 07:43 AM
    Samsung Universe Book.
    anon(9353145) likes this.
    10-11-16 07:44 AM
    ... part of the new 'extinguisher' series ... =). Pre-order now for a free asbestos case!
    Last edited by Reaney; 10-11-16 at 08:09 AM.
    JeepBB and MikeX74 like this.
    10-11-16 07:52 AM

Holy cr@p - I actually remember the Firestone issue...
    shaleem, TGR1 and anon(8063781) like this.
    10-11-16 09:42 AM
    Error
    10-11-16 11:35 AM
    Out of curiosity, what don't you like about the BlackBerry android offering?

The PRIV feels very cheap in the hands and the keys on the physical keyboard are way to small and cramped together rendering it useless to me.

The dtek50 is under powered and not that appealing. The dtek60 is not available and still not the beast that the Note 7 was.

shaleem likes this.
    10-11-16 11:37 AM
    The company has lost 25 Billion of it's market value the last weeks because of the Note 7 failure, I don't care what company you are, that hurts right to the core.
    10-11-16 11:50 AM
    There's nothing wrong with earlier models. Samsung users might go back to the note 5 or regular galaxy.

I like samsung. Great tvs. I know they'll survive this disaster but I'd bet the Chinese phones and google phone will eat into samsung market share a lot by the time the galaxy 8 appears next year.

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-11-16 01:35 PM
    I don't think that Samsung is toast, but the Note 7 sure is. Samsung officially cancelled production on the Note 7. It will no longer exist. This is costing them big time. It's a shame, really. The Note 7 was a beautiful, and efficient device. I've used Note 3, 4, and 7. I like the Note Series very much. I used BlackBerry phones for many years and was waiting for them to come out with something like the Note. They could have, in my opinion. I really believe that it would have helped turn the company around had they gone in that direction years ago. They didn't have to become "Android" but if they offered something like that, with their level of security, I really think it would have been awesome.
    10-11-16 03:11 PM
    The notes are wayway too big in my opinion but then I have no need for a gigantic phone. It's funny. I saw the movie zoolander and they were making fun of all these tiny tiny cell phones at the time. I didn't see the 2nd one but I did see a clip of them making fun of these Huge note like phones. There has to be a happy medium. Thr priv is pushing the size envelope for me. Heck I thought the z30 was pushing it but it seems small in comparison now. It really was the perfect size. With that said, I'm sure the note 7 debacle is hurting Samsung but my washer and dryer have been pretty good. They will recover as a company but the smartphone division is gonna take a beating for awhile I think

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    10-11-16 03:25 PM
    There's nothing wrong with earlier models. Samsung users might go back to the note 5 or regular galaxy.

I like samsung. Great tvs. I know they'll survive this disaster but I'd bet the Chinese phones and google phone will eat into samsung market share a lot by the time the galaxy 8 appears next year.

I saw on twitter the head of T-Mobile mobility said that is just what customers were doing.
    10-11-16 04:15 PM
    The PRIV feels very cheap in the hands and the keys on the physical keyboard are way to small and cramped together rendering it useless to me.

The dtek50 is under powered and not that appealing. The dtek60 is not available and still not the beast that the Note 7 was.

Note 7 is a beast huh? Would that beast perhaps be a fire breathing dragon?

But seriously, the Note 7 was over a thousand dollars here in Canada while the Dtek60 is expected to come in around $700. Not exactly the same price bracket, unless you have that extra cash to burn, then the Note 7 would be for you. (sorry... can't help myself) .

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 05:37 PM
    Holy cr@p - I actually remember the Firestone issue...
    And take Note that this is the Firephone issue so that you will remember it too...

Not intended to relate Amazon products to those of Samsung...

Posted via CB10
    10-11-16 05:42 PM
    I use an actual amazon firephone. Works great, just a small battery but no problems at all. It is so fast loading up amazon content like music or videos or ebooks or app store purchases. Faster than my iPad proair2, oddly enough.

The firephone can still be obtained for $75 or less, and for its specs, although 2 years old, you won't find a better phone at the price.

The phone deserved a better fate but amazon botched the sales pitch.

10-11-16 06:01 PM
    Samsung Burnt Toast yup, but they knead to make more bread to bounce back. Maybe need to find another cookbook for a new recipe. Could BlackBerry Help?
    Could BB be the Super Hero?
    To be Continued. ⏳ is running out .... I'll leave it on that NOTE....

10-11-16 06:03 PM
    Should I get rid of my Samsung appliances too ? Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer . Oh yeah I got the Double oven stove top too.
    They should be okay they have so many products to fall back on.

10-11-16 06:08 PM
320 ... 7891011 ...