The Z3 was going to receive nougat, marking 3 updates, Sony explained why it didn't, for the other side, with your Galaxy note 4, Samsung said from the beggining than it wasn't going to receive it so, if there is someone to blame here is Qualcom, Sony released the beta for the Z3 a la Nexus, in a beggining it recognized the Z3 to be a device to be updated from a beggining, what happened to the Note 4?, no update for it from a beggining, as I said, you aren't going to change your mind, so do I, I do believe in Sony updating the Z3+/Z4 to O next year, bringing 3 updates to the table, so I Will wait until that, I expect you to abandon Crackberry long before that happens considering than you posses a Note 4, but I Will wait, and when the momment comes, I Will post in this same thread if I was right or if I wasn't

Posted via CB10
    You have consistently avoided answering my questions WRT Xperia Z3 Google Security Updates, very interesting.

The Note 4 is my secondary device, I have a S7 Edge as my main.

The Note 4 doesn't have Nougat but gets Security Updates and it already has some of the key Nougat features like Split Screen thanks to TouchWiz.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 01:18 PM
    You have consistently avoided answering my questions WRT Xperia Z3 Google Security Updates, very interesting.

The Note 4 is my secondary device, I have a S7 Edge as my main.

The Note 4 doesn't have Nougat but gets Security Updates and it already has some of the key Nougat features like Split Screen thanks to TouchWiz.
    Quite you dude, I am talking about Major updates, or as you Will say, Apple with apples, and about that failed attempt of split screen, I do have it on My Note pro 12.2, had to Root it to make it compatible with more apps, because the core apps for Android aren't true multitasking for me at least, and you are avoiding My backed up points (with phonearena links to be on game with you casually) that proved Sony being developing the update, thing that Samsung never did with your Note 4

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:22 PM
    Quite you dude, I am talking about Major updates, and about that failed attempt of split screen, I do have it on My Note pro 12.2, had to Root it to make it compatible with more apps, because the core apps for Android aren't true multitasking for me at least, and you are avoiding My backed up points (with phonearena links to be on game with you casually) that proved Sony being developing the update, thing that Samsung never did with your Note 4

Posted via CB10
    Lol, failed attempt? Samsungs Split Screen in Android M is better on a 2yearold Note 4, than the brand new LG V20 using Google's own Android Nougat split screen, LOL:

Again, I confirmed, we know Qualcomm is at fault for the update not getting to Z3, Sony developed the update, GRRREAT! Guess what? It NEVER OFFICIALLY received the update, therefore it counts for nothing!
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 01:28 PM
    Lol, failed attempt? Samsungs Split Screen in Android M is better on a 2yearold Note 4, than the brand new LG V20 using Google's own Android Nougat split screen, LOL:

Again, I confirmed, we know Qualcomm is at fault for the update not getting to Z3, Sony developed the update, GRRREAT! Guess what? It NEVER OFFICIALLY received the update, therefore it counts for nothing!
    My Lollipop Note Pro "multitasking" is a joke, Android M is like 5.2 actually, and nougat being 5.3, but I concede you in that one Just as you did with me in the Priv vs S7 thread with, casually, Android M on the priv, but the difference between the Note 4 and the V20 is simple, the V20 multitasking will be better and better, Note 4 Just will be that, and casually, the Note 4 has a 804 under the capo, so why didn't it receive nougat mrs Samsung good Software support

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:37 PM
    My Lollipop Note Pro "multitasking" is a joke, Android M is like 5.2 actually, and nougat being 5.3, but I concede you in that one Just as you did with me in the Priv vs S7 thread with, casually, Android M on the priv, but the difference between the Note 4 and the V20 is simple, the V20 multitasking will be better and better, Note 4 Just will be that, and casually, the Note 4 has a 804 under the capo, so why didn't it receive nougat mrs Samsung good Software support

Posted via CB10
    I didn't concede anything in any thread, I just said I'll take your word WRT L on the Priv, regardless, its hardware is subpar, software can only do so much.

Samsungs Security Updates also include updates for Samsung apps and processes like Samsung split screen, so the Note 4's split screen will get necessary updates and get better to up until they completely end support.

Its quite simple, Samsung moved resources from Note 4 to newer devices, so it didn't get Nougat they were upfront, and instead give us Security Updates that also improve features.

What you have proved WRT Sony is they began work on an update and made promises to customers WITHOUT taking into consideration necessary components for that update, THAT is very worrying, and a clear sign that there is still poor communication at Sony's Mobile division. So they built an update that was destined never to be released, how impressive [major sarcasm].
    11-27-16 01:50 PM
    I didn't concede anything in any thread, I just said I'll take your word WRT L on the Priv, regardless, its hardware is subpar, software can only do so much.

Samsungs Security Updates also include updates for Samsung apps and processes like Samsung split screen, so the Note 4's split screen will get necessary updates and get better to up until they completely end support.

Its quite simple, Samsung moved resources from Note 4 to newer devices, so it didn't get Nougat they were upfront, and instead give us Security Updates that also improve features.

What you have proved WRT Sony is they began work on an update and made promises to customers WITHOUT taking into consideration necessary components for that update, THAT is very worrying, and a clear sign that there is still poor communication at Sony's Mobile division. So they built an update that was destined never to be released, how impressive [major sarcasm].
    What happened is simple, Sony did its Job, and Qualcom shutted down it, and if the Word concede Hurt your feelings we Will use agree then, also you haven't answered My question, why the hell Samsung didn't gave Marshmallow to My Note pro if the Note 3 did (and those two devices wielded the same components and came around the same date if you want to get technical)

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:53 PM
    What happened is simple, Sony did its Job, and Qualcom shutted down it, and if the Word concede Hurt your feelings we Will use agree then, also you haven't answered My question, why the hell Samsung didn't gave Marshmallow to My Note pro if the Note 3 did (and those two devices wielded the same components and came around the same date if you want to get technical)

Posted via CB10
    Lol, I didn't concede anything, your own link confirms the Priv isn't that great, thanks for that mate!

Sony's job is to ensure that all necessary parts of the update will be fulfilled, SO, before even starting work on the update they should have confirmed with Qualcomm WRT those drivers, they did not do that, it takes '2 to Tango' as they say. Sony should not have wasted resources working on that update, so part of the blame lands on Sony themselves.

WRT your NotePro, did Samsung promise Marshmallow for it? Please post a link of them committing to updating the NotePro to M.
    11-27-16 02:01 PM
    Lol, I didn't concede anything, your own link confirms the Priv isn't that great, thanks for that mate!

Sony's job is to ensure that all necessary parts of the update will be fulfilled, SO, before even starting work on the update they should have confirmed with Qualcomm WRT those drivers, they did not do that, it takes '2 to Tango' as they say. Sony should not have wasted resources working on that update, so part of the blame lands on Sony themselves.

WRT your NotePro, did Samsung promise Marshmallow for it? Please post a link of them committing to updating the NotePro to M.
    The debate was if the Priv got better or not With M, and it did, that it isn't the Best phone is like saying your S7 was at launch, when it isn't, so please chill, you look angry, and with My tablet, it was flagship, and it Just received one miserable update, so yes, Samsung support sucks

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 02:10 PM
    The debate was if the Priv got better or not With M, and it did, that it isn't the Best phone is like saying your S7 was at launch, when it isn't, so please chill, you look angry, and with My tablet, it was flagship, and it Just received one miserable update, so yes, Samsung support sucks

Posted via CB10
    Lol, how do I look angry? Please explain?

You did not answer my question, did Samsung promise to update your NotePro?
    11-27-16 02:13 PM
    Lol, how do I look angry? Please explain?

You did not answer my question, did Samsung promise to update your NotePro?
    No, they didn't, but they updated another devices which were older to M, as I said, please Lets wait until O gets or doesn't get confirmed for Xperia Z3+/Z4 and let all of this die

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 02:22 PM
    No, they didn't, but they updated another devices which were older to M, as I said, please Lets wait until O gets or doesn't get confirmed for Xperia Z3+/Z4 and let all of this die

Posted via CB10
    "No, they didn't" - There you go, there's your answer.

Let what die?

You do realise that neither me nor the rest of the market take Sony seriously anymore, yeah? Their update policy that you failed to prove is any better, is pretty much the same as the others.

The Z3+ was an awful device, plagued by heating issues, whether it does or does not get O, really doesn't matter, TBH, it failed as a product and had to be quickly replaced.

So do what you will.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 02:29 PM
    Wait, when did this thread become about software updates?
    shaleem likes this.
    11-27-16 04:15 PM
    It was spontaneous, however I think the Samsung Diying because the Note 7 is odd and irrelevant right now, yes Sammy did receive the hit, THE HIT but they recovered already, so this thread is Just like the old 10.3.3 Will be June and so long, Don't know if BlackBerry has the "bump" feature to lock a thread

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 07:24 PM
    When someone came with their Samsung hatred and update agenda and tried to prove that an update that never was released counts as an update that customers should be happy about, LOL.
    They also tried to make Sony relevant again, that was a good laugh.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 11:15 PM
    “Most of those who bought or wanted to buy a Note 7 opted for a different high-end Galaxy phone,” said NPD Group primary hardware analyst Stephen Baker in an interview with the Wall Street Journal, adding that in addition to loyalty to the Android platform “Samsung was able to fend off other Android competition, and Apple, too, thanks to Apple’s own lack of a wowing product this year.”
    Data shows Samsung's Note 7 recall didn't translate to holiday Apple sales sweep | MobileSyrup.com
    12-29-16 03:34 PM
    Yet they still outsold Samsung, almost 2 to 1....

It is good for Samsung as they don't seem to have suffered too much from their NOTE Battery problems. Google is who I expected would see some benefit from Samsung's woes.... haven't heard too much about the PIXELS at this point.
    12-29-16 03:47 PM
    It is good for Samsung as they don't seem to have suffered too much from their NOTE Battery problems.
    Going by the analytics data, they may have actually increased their marketshare. I don't think many in this thread were expecting that (myself included).
    12-29-16 04:50 PM
    it was only 2.5 million units we are talking about. Think about how many companies actually sell that many phones in a quarter as it is. The list is pretty small. They still had plenty of other phones to sell to make up a portion of the 2.5 million they lost as well
    12-29-16 05:05 PM
    Samsung almost preempted the Note 7 debacle with the S7 Edge. I was a Note 4 user waiting anxiously for the Note 7, when that fell apart I simply went to the S7 Edge as it had only a slightly smaller display at 5.5inch vs 5.7inch on Note 7, larger battery than Note 7, and mostly the same internals and UI, so the decision was not hard, instead of a Black Onyx Note 7 I got a Black Onyx S7 Edge, sorted

As I type this is am truly enjoying the S7 Edge and appreciate the slightly smaller stature with large display.

We must also remember that us Note users are fewer, even though I'm sure it cost a whole lot to develop, the Note 7 was never going to do Galaxy S numbers. The Note is more a low volume, high margin device for Samsung. They add the Wacom Digitizer and SPEN (with SPEN software), plus a slightly larger display made in-house with mostly Galaxy S components and then charge a whole lot more for it while making it in less numbers.
    shaleem likes this.
    12-29-16 06:23 PM
    Samsung almost preempted the Note 7 debacle with the S7 Edge. I was a Note 4 user waiting anxiously for the Note 7, when that fell apart I simply went to the S7 Edge as it had only a slightly smaller display at 5.5inch vs 5.7inch on Note 7, larger battery than Note 7, and mostly the same internals and UI, so the decision was not hard, instead of a Black Onyx Note 7 I got a Black Onyx S7 Edge, sorted

As I type this is am truly enjoying the S7 Edge and appreciate the slightly smaller stature with large display.

We must also remember that us Note users are fewer, even though I'm sure it cost a whole lot to develop, the Note 7 was never going to do Galaxy S numbers. The Note is more a low volume, high margin device for Samsung. They add the Wacom Digitizer and SPEN (with SPEN software), plus a slightly larger display made in-house with mostly Galaxy S components and then charge a whole lot more for it while making it in less numbers.
    Agreed Note is a very specific niche. However, I had the impression that Samsung last year was aggressively targeting increased sales of both the 7 series and the Note line, since these two were/are the high-margin moneymakers of their stable.
    12-31-16 09:04 PM
320 ... 111213