Difference is than the Z3 even had nougat beta (concept if i remember correctly), S5/Note 4 Just died on M, also the Z3 (not the Z3+/Z4) had the 801, so yes, the responsible was Qualcom, and, outside of nexus range there are brands that provides more than 2 Major updates, Am possitive than Xperia Z4 will die on Oxygen (3 updates) and the Z5 will die on the version after oxygen (3 updates again) stomping Samsung

Posted via CB10
    What are these brands that release more than 2 major updates?

The big flagships from Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and Huawei usually get 2 major updates.

Lol, your hope in Sony is certainly courageous, but looking at how lackluster they have been in 2016, and how poorly the Z3+/Z4v and Z5 did, I doubt they'll putting much resources into them

Interesting thing with Sony, their final updates almost always nearly ruin their phones, I know the Android M update for Z3 damn near ruined the phone with its bugs. I remember in the days of Xperia Arc, they did the update to Jellybean (I think it was?), where they warned people that it may be unstable, and it would be better to remain on ICS. Sometimes major updates are not worth it if they are being shoe-horned into the device.
    11-26-16 11:32 AM
    What are these brands that release more than 2 major updates?

The big flagships from Samsung, HTC, Sony, LG and Huawei usually get 2 major updates.

Lol, your hope in Sony is certainly courageous, but looking at how lackluster they have been in 2016, and how poorly the Z3+/Z4v and Z5 did, I doubt they'll putting much resources into them

Interesting thing with Sony, their final updates almost always nearly ruin their phones, I know the Android M update for Z3 damn near ruined the phone with its bugs. I remember in the days of Xperia Arc, they did the update to Jellybean (I think it was?), where they warned people that it may be unstable, and it would be better to remain on ICS. Sometimes major updates are not worth it if they are being shoe-horned into the device.
    I remember an article Who sayed than sony software was almost bug free and the most stable on market these days, so, Sony have sayed than the Z3 was going to receive N, it had 3 beta previews of it, so My courageous hope in the Z4 diying on Oxygen and Z5 on the next one aren't wrong, if We go by companies killing their OS'es because they were incompetent BlackBerry 10 would have to be killed 3 years ago then, and even My 3 old Z10 and Q10 have received from 10.0 (Z10 only) to 10.3, Sony is loyal to its smartphone consumers (Lets not talk about PS Vita, is another Story) so I expect them to acomplish

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 12:11 PM
    Sony can't compete with Samsung. Samsung updates are fine except when carrier do not allow on time.
    Last edited by krazyatom; 11-26-16 at 03:17 PM.
    Ronindan likes this.
    11-26-16 03:07 PM
    Sony can't compete with Samsung. Samsung updates are fine except when carrier do not allow on time.
    Be more specific, Sony can compete with samsung in a general way of talking, or the ps4 isnkt enough proof, They made the Z line which was, in my opinion, Best overall than the S line, but Best doesn't mean more sales, even if the software support is superb

Posted via CB10
    11-26-16 07:10 PM
    I remember an article Who sayed than sony software was almost bug free and the most stable on market these days, so, Sony have sayed than the Z3 was going to receive N, it had 3 beta previews of it, so My courageous hope in the Z4 diying on Oxygen and Z5 on the next one aren't wrong, if We go by companies killing their OS'es because they were incompetent BlackBerry 10 would have to be killed 3 years ago then, and even My 3 old Z10 and Q10 have received from 10.0 (Z10 only) to 10.3, Sony is loyal to its smartphone consumers (Lets not talk about PS Vita, is another Story) so I expect them to acomplish

Posted via CB10
    Sony software is near bug free when new, its when they release updates that things get wonky, especially with later major software updates, as they pull resources from older products to new.

The Samsung S6 line will easily make it to Android O and then done on P, their N update is already being leaked. So I don't get your point. Considering my over 2yearold Note 4 is still getting updates monthly.
    11-27-16 03:29 AM
    Sony software is near bug free when new, its when they release updates that things get wonky, especially with later major software updates, as they pull resources from older products to new.

The Samsung S6 line will easily make it to Android O and then done on P, their N update is already being leaked. So I don't get your point. Considering my over 2yearold Note 4 is still getting updates monthly.
    All you need to point out that BB still has not released OS 10.3.3 and it has almost 8 months since BB said that they will release it ;-)
    StephanieMaks likes this.
    11-27-16 08:19 AM

Looooool, the S6 getting Oxygen?, you made My day, samsung will kill the S6 on Nougat cause lolipop and nougat will be the 2 Major updates, and with sony, flash it and install the New OS from scratch and your troubles will be part of the past, the S5/Note 4 died on M after receiving lollipop and M itself, the S4/Note 3 and even My Galaxy note pro died on L after receiving Kit Kat and L, see My point?, 2 Major updates, Sony is almost bug free updated or not updated, you Just have to install it from scratch and everything will be Ok, and My prediction of Z4 diying on Oxygen and Z5 diying on the next after O is based on facts, the Z3 received L, 1 update, later M, 2 updates, it had the Nougat concept update, but Qualcom went aswhole and we know the rest, so Z3 was intended to die with 3 Major updates on its back, when S6 and the rest died (will die in S6 case) with two, so yes, outside of the Nexus range there are 1 OEM than updates properly, also BlackBerry will be one of them, considering than My Z10 Stl100-1 will even receive 10.3.3 after 3 years of updates I expect them to deliver the same with Priv and company, and before you even mention the Playbook (which also I posses), Thorsten is the one you have to blame for not receiving OS 10, and, technically him and the one before him (Michael if bad I don't remember) were the responsible of the OS 10 failure, Chen for other side tried and still is triying, and with Sony, they have strong market in Japan you know, they will update, the PS Vita for example, in America is dead, but in Japan and Asia is doing well, so Sony still supports it as it Will support Their smartphones properly

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 08:38 AM
    All you need to point out that BB still has not released OS 10.3.3 and it has almost 8 months since BB said that they will release it ;-)
    So?, as I said, My Q10 and Z10 had received every update of BlackBerry 10 since it was launched, so if it doesn't receive 10.3.3 or whatever it brings, i Will still buy them, they updated properly in OS 10 mainstream time, but OS 10 isn't profitable, accept it, is Just a bleeding that needs to be stopped, people blames Chen for that, but he tried, he gave people the passport and even then failed, OS10 was a Economical (not productive OS10 is wonderfully productive and fast) failure, and that cannot be changed, Who can blame them for kiling OS10?, tell me Who?, are people here going to maintain whith their big mouths that Just yells the same over and over?, I don't think so

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 08:45 AM
    Looooool, the S6 getting Oxygen?, you made My day, samsung will kill the S6 on Nougat cause lolipop and nougat will be the 2 Major updates, and with sony, flash it and install the New OS from scratch and your troubles will be part of the past, the S5/Note 4 died on M after receiving lollipop and M itself, the S4/Note 3 and even My Galaxy note pro died on L after receiving Kit Kat and L, see My point?, 2 Major updates, Sony is almost bug free updated or not updated, you Just have to install it from scratch and everything will be Ok, and My prediction of Z4 diying on Oxygen and Z5 diying on the next after O is based on facts, the Z3 received L, 1 update, later M, 2 updates, it had the Nougat concept update, but Qualcom went aswhole and we know the rest, so Z3 was intended to die with 3 Major updates on its back, when S6 and the rest died (will die in S6 case) with two, so yes, outside of the Nexus range there are 1 OEM than updates properly, also BlackBerry will be one of them, considering than My Z10 Stl100-1 will even receive 10.3.3 after 3 years of updates I expect them to deliver the same with Priv and company, and before you even mention the Playbook (which also I posses), Thorsten is the one you have to blame for not receiving OS 10, and, technically him and the one before him (Michael if bad I don't remember) were the responsible of the OS 10 failure, Chen for other side tried and still is triying, and with Sony, they have strong market in Japan you know, they will update, the PS Vita for example, in America is dead, but in Japan and Asia is doing well, so Sony still supports it as it Will support Their smartphones properly

Posted via CB10
    I don't even know why I am arguing with you, LOL.
    Your "facts" include a device that should've, could've, would've received the update, but did not, and nothing else.

Either way, what matters most is that Security Updates are something I know Samsung bring well over 24months, and by that time I am upgrading to my next phone.

Sony is certainly not bug free, I am a regular at Esato, having been a user of SE and Sony phones since the W800 Walkman. Another thing is that Sony don't exactly make great phones anymore.

WRT BB, couldn't careless, until I see better hardware from them and not rebranded Alcatels.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 09:05 AM
    I don't even know why I am arguing with you, LOL.
    Your "facts" include a device that should've, could've, would've received the update, but did not, and nothing else.

Either way, what matters most is that Security Updates are something I know Samsung bring well over 24months, and by that time I am upgrading to my next phone.

Sony is certainly not bug free, I am a regular at Esato, having been a user of SE and Sony phones since the W800 Walkman. Another thing is that Sony don't exactly make great phones anymore.

WRT BB, couldn't careless, until I see better hardware from them and not rebranded Alcatels.
    Evade it the most you can, but if it received the betas, and even an official memo from Sony telling why it didn't receive nougat, when everything was setup to (damm Vulkan Graphics and Qualcom being an asswhole (one more time)), and I also have been a Sony User from the Walkman flip phones, had a Xperia Play, know about the xperia arc (the slider one if bad I don't remember) and had closely followed sony hardware from long ago, so I know what i am talking about, and you seem to forget than Sony is the only one (honestly talking) than sends drivers and data to AOSP (Android Open Source Project) so their devices never really die, but also they are superb maintaining the device when officially supported so yes, talk all the things you want, but Sony is better than Samsung in that aspect

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:31 AM
    Evade it the most you can, but if it received the betas, and even an official memo from Sony telling why it didn't receive nougat, when everything was setup to (damm Vulkan Graphics and Qualcom being an asswhole (one more time)), and I also have been a Sony User from the Walkman flip phones, had a Xperia Play, know about the xperia arc (the slider one if bad I don't remember) and had closely followed sony hardware from long ago, so I know what i am talking about, and you seem to forget than Sony is the only one (honestly talking) than sends drivers and data to AOSP (Android Open Source Project) so their devices never really die, but also they are superb maintaining the device when officially supported so yes, talk all the things you want, but Sony is better than Samsung in that aspect

Posted via CB10
    But it never got the update in the end, so it counts for nothing, and you haven't named any other Sony that got a 3rd update, so your "facts" are quite flawed.

I couldn't careless WRT AOSP, every Samsung S and Note has a ton of devs on it due to the numbers they sell in, they never 'quite die' either, most popular Androids don't 'quite die', even HTCs and LGs have their devs. I believe going AOSP with Sony's kills the licenses and you end up with a worse camera than it already had, nah, I'm good man.
    11-27-16 09:39 AM
    But it never got the update in the end, so it counts for nothing, and you haven't named any other Sony that got a 3rd update, so your "facts" are quite flawed.

I couldn't careless WRT AOSP, every Samsung S and Note has a ton of devs on it due to the numbers they sell in, they never 'quite die' either, most popular Androids don't 'quite die', even HTCs and LGs have their devs. I believe going AOSP with Sony's kills the licenses and you end up with a worse camera than it already had, nah, I'm good man.
    Agree to disagree then, I am not open to change other people minds, if you think than Samsung is a good company updating their devices, think that, but answer me this then, why the S4 mini died on Kit kat when the original S4 did in lollipop Just like the S5 mini did with lollipop with The flat S5 doing in M?, why My Galaxy note pro 12.2 alongside the tab pro (granted flagships tablets) died on L?, having Just one Major update, why the Galaxy tab E Kids edition of My Sister borned with Kit kat and diying with it?, being the tab E lite being produced this year, when everithing ships with, at least, Lollipop, things like that is what makes me stay away from Samsung, and in the Last stance, from people that believes in Samsung being good at updates

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 09:59 AM
    Agree to disagree then, I am not open to change other people minds, if you think than Samsung is a good company updating their devices, think that, but answer me this then, why the S4 mini died on Kit kat when the original S4 did in lollipop Just like the S5 mini did with lollipop with The flat S5 doing in M?, why My Galaxy note pro 12.2 alongside the tab pro (granted flagships tablets) died on L?, having Just one Major update, why the Galaxy tab E Kids edition of My Sister borned with Kit kat and diying with it?, being the tab E lite being produced this year, when everithing ships with, at least, Lollipop, things like that is what makes me stay away from Samsung, and in the Last stance, from people that believes in Samsung being good at updates

Posted via CB10
    I use flagships, and all my Samsung flagship phones have had updates well past the day that I upgrade to the next 1.

The S4 competed with the Xperia Z, both ended at Android Lollipop, so I don't know what you are on about.

In terms of Tablets, I use Apple iPads and upgrade them every 3years, so I have no clue how Samsung treats their tablets. Last Android Tablet I had was a Samsung Galaxy Tab10.1V which was supported by Vodafone.
    11-27-16 10:07 AM
    The Xperia Z competed with the S3 friend, the Z2 did with the S4, the Z3 did with the S5 and the Z4/Z3+ and the Z5 did with the S6, now th ZX does with the S7, remember, Sony launched 2 flagships per year, So Sony still beats Samsung in that regard, and if you don't know about a Subject (samsung tablets), don't arguee with that point, Samsung Flagships tablets receive the same treatment as the S mini line (which you don't even metioned in your last post casually) soooo, Lets end this on agree to disagree

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 10:15 AM
    On point with the thread title, Sammy Will live good, the Note 7 Just was a good hit to the stomach, but nothing that the S8 can't handle

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 10:48 AM
    So how well is Sony's smartphone sale compared to Samsung?
    11-27-16 11:25 AM
    So how well is Sony's smartphone sale compared to Samsung?
    I don't know, how is sony's gaming platform doing? How is the samsung Kids program (the most pseudo-gaming samsung has) doing?, we are talking about quality, not about selling, if selling determined how good something is, BlackBerry 10 Will be garbage, and it isn't, its pure quality so your triying in intend a pun is invalid

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 11:38 AM
    The Xperia Z competed with the S3 friend, the Z2 did with the S4, the Z3 did with the S5 and the Z4/Z3+ and the Z5 did with the S6, now th ZX does with the S7, remember, Sony launched 2 flagships per year, So Sony still beats Samsung in that regard, and if you don't know about a Subject (samsung tablets), don't arguee with that point, Samsung Flagships tablets receive the same treatment as the S mini line (which you don't even metioned in your last post casually) soooo, Lets end this on agree to disagree

Posted via CB10
    You are COMPLETELY lost mate
    The Xperia Z and Galaxy S4 were released around the same time in 2013, HTF can the Z compete with the S3 from early 2012!? What on earth are you on about mate?!

Z2 with Galaxy S5, same month even!

Take note, both times, the Galaxy and Xperia end with the same Android Update, LOL.

Your "facts" seem to based on confusion.

Samsung launch 2 flagships a year to BTW, properly defined ones at that, look you cant even remember that the new Xperia is a XZ, not ZX.

Look, I know you want to believe that Sony is better, but they just aren't, their hardware tends to be lackluster and it seems their update policy is no better than others.

Has the Xperia XZ ,Z5 series and Z3 received the November Google Security Update yet? My Note 4 got it.

EDIT:
    Another update just came through on my Note 4

How's the Z3 going with the Security Updates?
    Take note, the Z3 came in late 2014, same time as Note 4, so it and the Note 4 were sort of competing, even though we both know the Note 4 is vastly superior, and despite both being over 24months old, the Note 4 is receiving updates monthly.
    Last edited by Tsepz_GP; 11-27-16 at 12:17 PM.
    krazyatom likes this.
    11-27-16 11:56 AM
    You are COMPLETELY lost mate
    The Xperia Z and Galaxy S4 were released around the same time in 2013, HTF can the Z compete with the S3 from early 2012!? What on earth are you on about mate?!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...36c451a90b.jpg

Z2 with Galaxy S5, same month even!
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...96b1e30d25.jpg

Take note, both times, the Galaxy and Xperia end with the same Android Update, LOL.

Your "facts" seem to based on confusion.

Samsung launch 2 flagships a year to BTW, properly defined ones at that, look you cant even remember that the new Xperia is a XZ, not ZX.

Look, I know you want to believe that Sony is better, but they just aren't, their hardware tends to be lackluster and it seems their update policy is no better than others.

Has the Xperia XZ ,Z5 series and Z3 received the November Google Security Update yet? My Note 4 got it.

EDIT:
    Another update just came through on my Note 4
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...c8dde85917.jpg

How's the Z3 going with the Security Updates?
    Take note, the Z3 came in late 2014, same time as Note 4, so it and the Note 4 were sort of competing, even though we both know the Note 4 is vastly superior, and despite both being over 24months old, the Note 4 is receiving updates monthly.
    Just like you want to believe Samsung is better when is not, as I said Agree to disagree, I Will never return to Samsung after the bad support they gave to the S4 mini and My Galaxy note pro 12.2, thankfully you never had those devices, if you did you Will understand me, but I agree with you on something, Sony is being lackluster now, but the Z5 wasn't so did the Z4, Lets make something interesting, we Will wait until next year, if Sony gives the Z4 Android O, My point will be proven, if it doesn't I Will admit myself wrong, deal? also, in honor of the truth, I must admit that Sony, not updating its recent mid-range line, makes them inferior to Samsung with Mid-line phones, and not really because these phones received the same amount of updates than Samsung.

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 12:52 PM
    By the way, the Galaxy S3 competed with the Xperia S.
    Interesting FACT the S3 "died" on 4.3, while the Xperia S "died" on 4.1.2

You really drummed up Sony's update policy far beyond what it is in reality.
    11-27-16 12:53 PM
    I don't know, how is sony's gaming platform doing? How is the samsung Kids program (the most pseudo-gaming samsung has) doing?, we are talking about quality, not about selling, if selling determined how good something is, BlackBerry 10 Will be garbage, and it isn't, its pure quality so your triying in intend a pun is invalid

Posted via CB10
    You must compare Apples with Apples, so Gaming has to be compared in terms of Mobile, and Sony's foray into Mobile Gaming has crashed and burned multiple times, you should know, you had the awful failure that was the infamous Xperia Play.

Samsung on the other hand have a great mobile gaming ecosystem with Oculus with the Gear VR that has great titles and an actual future, EVEN Sony had no choice but to follow and get into VR.
    11-27-16 01:00 PM
    By the way, the Galaxy S3 competed with the Xperia S.
    Interesting FACT the S3 "died" on 4.3, while the Xperia S "died" on 4.1.2
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/2016...d175186401.jpg

You really drummed up Sony's update policy far beyond what it is in reality.
    As I said, if the Z4 receives Android O, my point will be proven, if it doesn't, I Will grant you the victory as a good debater must, by the way, http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-...ria-Z3_id84749 , also http://www.phonearena.com/news/For-t...-N-now_id80407 , and to close your mouth, http://www.phonearena.com/news/No-No...alcomm_id84543 , the 3 links from the same source of your pictures My friend

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:02 PM
    The Z3 was going to receive nougat, marking 3 updates, Sony explained why it didn't, for the other side, with your Galaxy note 4, Samsung said from the beggining than it wasn't going to receive it so, if there is someone to blame here is Qualcom, Sony released the beta for the Z3 a la Nexus, in a beggining it recognized the Z3 to be a device to be updated from a beggining, what happened to the Note 4?, no update for it from a beggining, as I said, you aren't going to change your mind, so do I, I do believe in Sony updating the Z3+/Z4 to O next year, bringing 3 updates to the table, so I Will wait until that, I expect you to abandon Crackberry long before that happens considering than you posses a Note 4, but I Will wait, and when the momment comes, I Will post in this same thread if I was right or if I wasn't

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:09 PM
    As I said, if the Z4 receives Android O, my point will be proven, if it doesn't, I Will grant you the victory as a good debater must, by the way, http://www.phonearena.com/news/Sony-...ria-Z3_id84749 , also http://www.phonearena.com/news/For-t...-N-now_id80407 , and to close your mouth, http://www.phonearena.com/news/No-No...alcomm_id84543 , the 3 links from the same source of your pictures My friend

Posted via CB10
    Yes, Qualcomm at fault, therefore affecting every 801 and under device, so the conclusion remains: THE UPDATE NEVER GOT RELEASED. It counts for nothing.

We will see what happens next year, BTW, the Z4 doesn't exist as an international model, its the Z3+ we have to look at.
    11-27-16 01:10 PM
    Yes, Qualcomm at fault, therefore affecting every 801 and under device, so the conclusion remains: THE UPDATE NEVER GOT RELEASED. It counts for nothing.

We will see what happens next year, BTW, the Z4 doesn't exist as an international model, its the Z3+ we have to look at.
    You are right My friend, we Will see, about the Z4, you are also right, that's why I said Z3+/Z4, but you can't denie, that Sony were going to release the update if Qualcom weren't an massive asswhole, if you check the 3 links that I posted here you can comprobate it, so Lets wait until one of us, next year, gets debunked

Posted via CB10
    11-27-16 01:12 PM
320 ... 10111213