Should I get rid of my Samsung appliances too ? Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer . Oh yeah I got the Double oven stove top too.
    They should be okay they have so many products to fall back on.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Samsung Washing machines don't just catch fire, they explode.

http://www.consumerreports.org/washi...e-safety-risk/

"The 99's charms will tug at your heart. Nothing else ever approached such exquisite perfection"-idssteve
    10-11-16 06:18 PM
    Should I get rid of my Samsung appliances too ? Dishwasher, Washer and Dryer . Oh yeah I got the Double oven stove top too.
    They should be okay they have so many products to fall back on.

Does the oven actually heat up? =)

I'll see myself out, lol.
    shaleem likes this.
    10-11-16 06:21 PM
    Yup when I put my Note 7 in it gets really hot. If I get a fire I turn my dishwasher on , it puts the fire out when it explodes. The same goes for my washer and dryer. All about safety right. Boy is this fun .
    This is the perfect time to surprise everyone and bring out the Dtek60 and Dtek PS (Passport Slider) right now, don't wait .Flood the market . Promote Promote the devices.

10-11-16 07:02 PM
    "Effective Saturday, 15OCT16 at 1200 EST, the FAA has issued an Emergency Restriction/Prohibition Order prohibiting all Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices from being aboard aircraft flying to, from or within the United States, due to ongoing and unresolved concerns about fire risks. As a result of this order, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones are prohibited as cargo, in checked bags, or from being carried into the aircraft passenger cabin.

TSA will conduct checked baggage inspections and if a Samsung Note 7 is found, it will be removed from the luggage. "
    10-15-16 02:18 PM
    Just went on a helicopter ride. Same thing was posted there. I'm glad they're being serious about this.
    10-15-16 03:28 PM
    "Effective Saturday, 15OCT16 at 1200 EST, the FAA has issued an Emergency Restriction/Prohibition Order prohibiting all Samsung Galaxy Note 7 devices from being aboard aircraft flying to, from or within the United States, due to ongoing and unresolved concerns about fire risks. As a result of this order, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 cell phones are prohibited as cargo, in checked bags, or from being carried into the aircraft passenger cabin.

TSA will conduct checked baggage inspections and if a Samsung Note 7 is found, it will be removed from the luggage. "
    The alert was for Canada also.
    10-15-16 03:29 PM

It's happening. Even down here... :-)

Is Samsung Toast?-1476540634748.jpg

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    10-15-16 04:33 PM
    Too bad Chen isn't the sort of visionary who could have exploited this.

Posted via CB10
    Zeratul57 likes this.
    10-15-16 10:07 PM
    Too bad Chen isn't the sort of visionary who could have exploited this.

Posted via CB10
    "Buy our dud phone for too much just because!"
    JeepBB, shaleem, TgeekB and 3 others like this.
    10-15-16 11:08 PM
    "Buy our dud phone for too much just because!"
    Like I said, if only Chen had been the sort of visionary who could have exploited this.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-16 12:25 PM
    Like I said, if only Chen had been the sort of visionary who could have exploited this.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry doesn't have a phone to compete with the Note line (i.e., a phone that uses a stylus). It would be the equivalent of telling a Classic user that the Pixel or iPhone 7 is a suitable replacement, it doesn't make sense if you need a physical keyboard or the toolbelt.
    10-16-16 01:11 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't have a phone to compete with the Note line (i.e., a phone that uses a stylus). It would be the equivalent of telling a Classic user that the Pixel or iPhone 7 is a suitable replacement, it doesn't make sense if you need a physical keyboard or the toolbelt.
    Given that 40% of Note Users are opting for a non-Samsung device entirely upon return, I would say that isn't an issue.

Posted via CB10
    10-17-16 07:41 AM
    Given that 40% of Note Users are opting for a non-Samsung device entirely upon return, I would say that isn't an issue.

Posted via CB10
    But how many switched to a non stylus device? Even if we assume all will switch to a regular smartphone, 40% of around 2 million global users isn't a huge market to go after, especially considering the resources that would be required (carrier support, consumer marketing, etc).
    10-17-16 12:49 PM

Posted via CB10
    Chen visionary.... well he did see a software company, where there wasn't one back in 2013.

There is no exploited the Note 7 problem at this point. Other manufactures that have a product already in market and that has similar features... good possible exploit this temporary problem that Samsung is facing. But as BlackBerry hasn't had a product that the market has been interested in for about seven years.... and they just announced they are getting out of the hardware business (anyone that didn't already think they were dead, do know). It would have taken a visionary at BlackBerry seeing the future... back tens years ago.

If Google and Verizon were "wise" they would be going all out on promoting their partnership and these new PIXEL phones. If I were AT&T and T-Mobile I might even do some promoting of my own.... explain how anyone can buy these direct from Google. Apple just needs to make more of those iPhone Pluses, they are still on backorder for a month at Verizon.
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-17-16 01:01 PM
    Is Samsung Toast?-img-20161017-wa008.jpg

Lol, got this on one of my WhatsApp groups

Posted via CB10
    JeepBB and BB_PP like this.
    10-17-16 05:31 PM
    Samsung Toast...?

With BlackBerry Jam, please....! ;-P

�   "BB10 dead?" - "Let's dance the Danse MacaBBRY! ... or is it..?" ;-D   �
    10-19-16 03:31 PM
    I think that the Note 7 will outsell any other phablet as soon as people forget the "incident". Remember, if you're big, nothing can really harm you, unless it's not your fault.
    "unless it's not your fault" so whose fault is this to put exploding batteries in flagship??

Posted via Priv
    10-19-16 06:05 PM
    Note 8 please!
    10-19-16 06:31 PM
    The company has lost 25 Billion of it's market value the last weeks because of the Note 7 failure, I don't care what company you are, that hurts right to the core.
    Holy crap! Thanks for the info.
    bh7171 likes this.
    10-19-16 09:40 PM
    I don't suspect the Note 7 will outsell anything considering it has been cancelled.

But with the iPhone 7 now having some spontaneous battery fires I am starting to think that this is a "cheap Chinese rechargeable battery problem" vs a Samsung or Apple problem.

...a lesson for BlackBerry users who might be sourcing replacement batteries for their devices from less than reputable sources.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom and bh7171 like this.
    10-21-16 08:07 AM
    Yep iPhone 7 battery caused a car fire in Australia and is under investigation. It may have more to do with design and lack of ventilation (water resistance/proofing) rather than batteries.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    krazyatom and pantlesspenguin like this.
    10-21-16 02:30 PM
    Yep iPhone 7 battery caused a car fire in Australia and is under investigation. It may have more to do with design and lack of ventilation (water resistance/proofing) rather than batteries.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    Now blackberry can step up!
    10-21-16 03:17 PM

Via the Cobalt Classic
    I agree. I think it has more to do with the battery compartment than the battery itself.
    10-21-16 03:59 PM

Via the Cobalt Classic
    The phone was reportedly under a pile of clothes in the car while the owner was off surfing. If true, I am skeptical that design has anything to do with it. The phone should not have been using enough power and gotten hot enough to ignite while lying there unused. Only if being charged, some atypical background process, or the car itself got very hot. For the first two, the iPhone should power itself down automatically. The story is missing details I think.
    10-21-16 04:28 PM
    It's going to cost Samsung a bit, but they're big enough to walk it off. Blackberry on the other hand...do they even have a marketing department?

Posted via CB10

Is Samsung Toast?-sb10063113o-001.jpg

Via Passport 
    10-21-16 05:32 PM
320 ... 89101112 ...