Oh yeah big time. even after replacements it's still heating up and burning. It's funny though how none of these incidents are occurring internationally or overseas and only in the U.S. if I didn't know any better it's almost like someone is either tampering with it or purposely doing it. lol
    10-05-16 05:32 PM
    Irrespective it is tarnishing their reputation. The issue has been in the news cycle for some time.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    10-05-16 07:25 PM
    I guess you could say that. I would like ask one thing though. Has the note7 had any issues like these posted above overseas or any country outside of US?
    10-05-16 08:18 PM
    https://m.reddit.com/r/AndroidQuesti...should_i_just/

"With the safe note still exploding, should I get rid of mine..."

Looks like some intrepid manufacturer will benefit, just not Chenberry.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-16 03:24 AM
    Note7 battery problem still persisting after repairs -

Samsung phone catches fire on Southwest plane - Business - CBC News

Posted via CB10
    I don't think the phone was repaired (non-removable battery) but was actually replaced by the carrier.
    10-06-16 03:45 PM
    Wow, this note 7 debacle will end up costing samsung billions of dollars. Good thing for them the company is diversified and wealthy.

What's worse, the BlackBerry storm mess or this one?

Sent from my BlackBerry Passport SE
    10-06-16 04:00 PM
    This Note 7 by far. They had a HUGE advertising campaign and hopes for this tarnished device.

Via the Cobalt Classic
    10-06-16 04:30 PM
    Wow, this note 7 debacle will end up costing samsung billions of dollars. Good thing for them the company is diversified and wealthy.

What's worse, the BlackBerry storm mess or this one?

Nah the BlackBerry Storm debacle was much worse!

It depends upon the perception, until Storm BlackBerry was perceived as a very respectable technology company IMO.

Whereas Samsung was always the underdog, heck some of their very first droids were crap too - I remember the sales person telling us not to overcharge the device else the battery will die when we got one of the early Samsung slab in 2011.

Samsung did come a far way up from those days, but they've unfortunately been associated with not very good quality devices since back in the days IMO.

This exploding battery debacle just confirms that perception that Samsung still has poor quality devices.

Schadenfreude! :-)

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 05:41 AM
    Or perhaps it is Google with their Pixel that intends to scavenge Samsung's carcass.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-16 08:20 AM
    I can say that this second issue with the Note 7 has shaken my confidence in the phone. Yes, I have a Note 7 .... a new one after the recall. I'm hoping that this issue is a one time thing this time. If not, well it's goodbye Note 7 I guess. One thing is for sure, Samsung is going to be hurt by this big time. Yes, they are diversified, yes they have lots of money. but this debacle will cost them big time.
    10-07-16 11:45 AM
    i do not think this will "toast" Samsung but idea of placing ads at airport is great actually
    Last edited by bitek; 10-10-16 at 09:40 AM.
    10-07-16 01:22 PM
    Samsung always had build issues. Failures are unavoidable when the overarching engineering strategy is to copy the successful technologies of others at the lowest possible price point.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    10-07-16 03:16 PM
    Yeah, I think I would be looking for a new phone if I had a Note 7.
    10-07-16 03:31 PM
    I am surprised that people are still buying note 7 and resale values are still very high on note 7. I wish price drops so i can pick it up for $199
    10-07-16 03:49 PM
    Highly doubt that there would be any impact on Samsung this is only 1 off and it is already being addressed by Samsung. They are not going to carry on this the world over for more than 10 years. If it does then I'm sure there will be an impact.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    10-07-16 11:46 PM
    Note7 battery problem still persisting after repairs -

http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/business...lane-1.3792221

Posted via CB10
    Poof go the Notes... with all the data that's not uploaded straight to the Google... = 8-o

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    10-08-16 12:37 AM
    Yeah, I think I would be looking for a new phone if I had a Note 7.
    Revenge of the six?
    The previous Note7s are popping, and the "fixed" ones are apparently already joining the party... ;-)

�   "Chenterprise. We are the future. Resistance is futile. Prepare to BBe... "   �
    10-08-16 12:39 AM
    Samsung always had build issues. Failures are unavoidable when the overarching engineering strategy is to copy the successful technologies of others at the lowest possible price point.

Posted via BlackBerry Priv STV100-1
    While the price difference to Apple is almost unnoticeable in the high segment, isn't it...? :-)

10-08-16 12:40 AM
    I don't know but there has to be someone in the company with enough drive and responsibility to make this happen in a week.

Posted via CB10
    I'm sure they do but they're not high enough on the corporate ladder for their voice to be heard. I'm certain their employees have been just floored by the decisions their bosses have been making over the last several years...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 12:45 AM
    I am surprised that people are still buying note 7 and resale values are still very high on note 7. I wish price drops so i can pick it up for $199
    People or businesses will continue to sell it high because they need some return on their investment regardless of the problems. Also, people that participate in these forums will be on the ball, but a lot of people are clueless... don't read the paper, don't watch the news... and generally just don't care...

Posted via CB10
    10-08-16 12:48 AM
    Revenge of the six?
    The previous Note7s are popping, and the "fixed" ones are apparently already joining the party... ;-)

I believe the Note series was pretty nice prior to the 7? Perhaps it will force people to go to the 6.
    10-08-16 06:40 AM
    People or businesses will continue to sell it high because they need some return on their investment regardless of the problems. Also, people that participate in these forums will be on the ball, but a lot of people are clueless... don't read the paper, don't watch the news... and generally just don't care...

Posted via CB10
    That's true to an extent. However, I just got back from a two day trip to New Orleans and the messages were pervasive on all four flights. And these planes all have WiFi so many are working or playing on their phones unless they have Note 7s. So people who fly for business definitely know.
    10-08-16 10:02 AM
    Or try that new Chinese phone, the LE series. Darn cheap with decent specs. Watch those Chinese, they are beating apple in Asia and samsung may be downturn soon over there too. Google phone is hopeless in china.

10-08-16 10:13 AM
    A Note7 caught on fire on a Southwest flight the other day.
    10-08-16 10:07 PM
    Currently, every passenger who gets on a commercial flight in the United States is hearing some variation of the following announcement
    10-08-16 11:22 PM
320 ... 56789 ...